• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Chemicals/Methods for Cleaning your Bong/Glass pipe?

Just wanted to add to my previous post. I have also found that 1 scoop of OxyClean powder (the stuff advertised on TV) cleans a heavily stained glass pipe in about 1-2 hours if put in a jar with warm water and capped. I SWEAR by this method. It works unbelievebly better than alcohol and salt. I do not like using alcohol because of the raunchy stench, and the resin gets all over the place if you aren't careful. You can get OxyClean in the Laundry aisle at the grocery store. ANOTHER GOOD HINT!!! Try using heavy the duty hand cleaner from the auto store, like auto zone, if you ever get resin on your hands. Soap Sux.8(

Eis4me said:
The best way to clean a glass pipe especially one with a lot of curves and bends in it is to:

1. Get an empty mayo jar
2. Fill it with hot water
3. Drop in 2 denture cleaning tabs such as Efferdent
4. Let your glass pipe soak while you're passed out sleeping
5. Wake up, rinse it and let it dry

This will result in a cyrstal clear pipe. This works well if you are traveling and need to clean your glass so well it looks new and never used.

Hmmm dun think the whole 'while you're passed out sleeping' thing would work if the pipe in question was a meth pipe.

=D

quick rince with some water (because we are too fucked up to clean it propperly) then the next time we use it clean it out with some hot soapy water and bam ready for smoking...it still stinks a bit but hay. i ususly make a new bong everytime now. i prefer it that way then using a propper one :\

"Isopropyl alcohol...you can (filter, if desired) & evap it when done & reclaim the good stuff."

in this process, does the purity of the alcohol matter

For a fraction of the price of any headshop cleaner cleaner, you can buy cleaner in a hardware store that works almost/just as well. I have heard the product de-solv-it works well. Should be in walmart, do a google search you can find a list of stores that carry it. I have also used rubbing alcohol with a lot of salt with good results.

sit it on an open flame of a gas stove and watch as every black cooked-on mark dissapears. just be careful when you pick it up.
and its not a quick proccess, just sit it there and wait, it will become brand new.
DfI;)

White Flag said:
If you're just cleaning to get the resin out so you can smoke it (I'm assuming you're talking about a pipe you use for reefer) then unfolding a paper clip, sticking it into the carb, and jamming it around (not too viciously) and then lightly tapping it, with the mouth-piece facing downwards, on a table edge can get you some big chunks of resin.
If you want to clean it so that its spotless, though, boiling it has always worked quite well for me. Just designate a pot for the pipe since the resin likes to stick to the sides of it and won't come off. If someone has a way to keep the resin that floats to the top from sticking to the pot, please post.
[ 21 February 2003: Message edited by: White Flag ]

LISTEN TO HIM! Why would you use all these cleaners and stupid shit when, if you want it pretty much clean, you can simply boil it. It takes 15 minutes, and you'll get a bunch of resin to smoke. You need to let the resin dry, and it is a bit different than scraped rez (tends to spark and shit when lit, so I normally use a paperclip to get a bunch out then once it ain't coming out too easy I'll boil it, and end up with 3+ bowls of rez), but fuck it gets you high.

If I'm just looking for a little buzz though and am without weed, I'll use the paperclip and jab it in there a bunch of times and shake the chunks out.

go to your local headshop. they should have something there. we used a product which came in a white bottle with green writing. I forget what it was called..... Dr. Clean or Dr. Greens or something along those lines. Worked great though, totally restored pipes and bongs and other devices back to their orginal luster. Really worked great with glass. It only costs a few bucks and last more than a few cleanings as I remember.

A pipecleaner of course :) (You know those long thin metal things with furry brissles that they gave us to use in arts and crafts in elementary school)

I don't know if this is only going to be useful to Australians, but I use Jif (which is a pretty heavy cleaner with bleach and all sorts of shit in it, for scrubbing bathroom surfaces etc) and a stiff toothbrush. As I have a tar-catching bong, getting rid of the large deposits of tar that accumulate on the surface the catcher blows the smoke on is an issue, as they have a tendancy to just smear everywhere. This shit actually basically dissolves it, you do want to rinse the bong out pretty thorougly though.

A lot of my mates also swear by Methylated Spirits and table Salt. Which is basically just another version of the whole alcohol and agitant method.

Cheers.

-plaz out-

WARNING: Do not use your mom's good pan, after you do this your pan is fucked, save for future usage!!!

Boil the pipe in a pan. The resin will float to top and stick to sides of pan, once pipe is squeeky clean, let the resin stick to the sides, pour the water out into the sink, or outside. Scrape the remaing resin off the sides of the pan and you can either A) Smoke the resin and get fried. B) Save the resin to get high another day C) Throw it away (stupid).

Save your pan, because you'll need it.

Bleach and shit like that will take some of the color away!!! Use Bong cleaner at the stores if your that lazy.

Rubbing alcohol and a pipe cleaner work just fine for mine, comes out looking like brand new everytime.

I wouldn't waste my money on buyin a cleaner.. however that's just me.

The best way to collect the resin after boiling is to place a coffee filter in a funnel and pour the contents of the pan in there. It will filter and you can set the coffee filter out with the resin on to dry. You can get the pan clean if you scrub a lot with a scotch brite... After I have just done this I find it a good idea to use a paperclip to get any remaining loose chunks out of the pipe.

Oxy clean Oxy clean Oxy clean Oxy clean Oxy clean Oxy clean Oxy clean

I was a newb to cleaning glass once myself then i discovered the power of oxygen!! Yes my friends oxy-clean. Holy shit I am astounded that no one here uses that stuff. It doesnt mess with the colors at all and all you have to do is watch it clean its self. No pipe cleaner, no shaking, no nothing, just resin boiling out to no end. Be warned that it does have the smell of ages.
And you can use the oxy to clean whatever the resin is on! yeah it fucking rules.

Quick directions: Place small ammount of oxi into desired glass. Put a cup of water in the micro for about 1:30 or until you need a towel to touch the cup. place piece in water and put 1/2 a scoop of oxy in and you are good to go. Try pouring hot water into a bizong with a scoop in it, works wonders. A word of caution, never place hot glass on anything cold or fill with cold water.

oxyclean is the shit for preventing bong water stains.. ive never used it for pieces but ill try it out

be sure to let everyone here know your thoughts on it. if it doesnt clean it the water isnt hot enough.