• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Morals [regarding cannabis use]

The bible doesnt really speak against drug use.

Maybe he means you should feel guilty because your breaking 'the law' but then we can argue wether pot should be illegal all day.

It sounds like your friend says you should feel guilty because someone told him thats how you morally should feel. not because of any reason he fathomed on his own.

my mate is a jehovas witness and to put it bluntly - he abuses the fuck outa drugs i.e. mdma, speed, coke etc. he still lives with his parents and they are extremely strict.

Yeah, it's really tough these days to decide who is right and who is wrong. I guess, if it feels right in your heart and you're not hurting anyone one...then go for it. But if you have some doubt or guilt, then just lay off of it. It's not for you. This is the moral of my thread :) I thinK? haha Happy Holidays everyone !

I consider myself a very spiritual person and I try to have a relationship with G-d. But, when it comes to my smoking habit, I don't really feel that it makes you further away from G-d than anyone else.

On a Christian standpoint, the body is the temple of G-d. So whenever you put any chemical in your body you are harming the temple. But, I don't really believe in eternal damnation just because you are smoking. I think in the end it just matters where your heart lies with Him.

Just my two cents...

Re: 4:20|4|EVA|:D

nickthecheese said:
I'd just like to quote cypress hill/bible on this one:>

Genesis 1:12 - I have given you all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use.

Don't feel guilty or immoral. The only reason that people are trying to make you geel like a "sinner" is because of the current legal status, and the fact that the church probably can't condone the act of something as harmless as smoking marijuana without large public outcry, again due to the status of the drug legally.

God created weed, man created booze, which do you trust?
26.gif
+
eyesclosed.gif
=
biggrin.gif

A BIG AMEN BROTHA!! Nicely said everyone.;)

Splatt said:
It's nature. How do you make nature against the fucking law? It grows everywhere. Serves a thousand different functions, all of them positive. To make marijuana against the law is like saying to God made a mistake. You know what I mean, it's like God on the seventh day looked down on his creation:

"There it is, my creation, perfect and holy in all ways. Now, I can rest."

[Mimes God looking around - spotting pot]

"Oh my me."
"I left fucking pot everywhere."
"I should never have smoked that joint on the third day ..shit."
"That was the day I created possums. Haha. Still gives me a chuckle."

"If I leave pot everywhere that's gonna to give humans the impression they're supposed to... 'use' it."
"(sigh)Now I have to create Republicans."

-Bill Hicks, Revelations.

=D =D

haha, republicans..

:D

hell no don't feel guilty. you should't feel guilty about taking any drugs. its your choice. not jo blow down the streets choice. pot in my opinion there is a reason it is here it bears seeds does it not?

SlayerFairy said:
I agree that it is a drug-mind altering substance, but should I really feel guilty about this?

Do you think its wrong to smoke pot? No one can tell you if you should or should not feel guilty about something, it is personal opinion. Ask yourself, are you harming anyone else? Do you feel you are causing much harm to yourself? In your spirituality, do you think God would not agree with what you are doing? Its a question for yourself, not what someone else is telling you.

I think that as long as you show respect for everyone else, and are not harming anyone, (other than yourself), there isnt much of a problem with it.

^^Great point. I guess only you yourself can tell if smoking canabis is an immoral thing. If you believe it negatively affects your life, and you feel guilty smoking it because of that, it probably is not good for you to do it. We shouldn't have to worry so much in what the government or society tells us what is right or wrong, but your own conciousness should be able to direct you. If the only guilty feeling you get from smoking is only because the government tells us it is illegal, then you should consider for yourself why the legislature believes it is wrong for everyone and mainly why it could be bad for yourself. If still you can find no answer (as I haven't) then you may want to reconsider your views on it.

I don't see how smoking a spliff is any different from pouding away a beer.
Genesis 1:12 - I have given you all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use.
is a great excerpt, canabis is a completely natural plant grown from God's green earth, so I would think that applies. I understand how turning to church for an answer to whether smoking illegal canabis is moral makes sense, but even though our church are our beliefs we follow; I still think it is something one should figure out on his/her own, in order to be at peace with oneself, esp. if planning to be a regular smoker.

Anyways for those of you looking for more security from the religious side of it, I once talked to my pastor (not one of the younger, understanding types, but an older, and a bit pruder one) about smoking canabis (for those who are of other religion or of none, than it doesnt apply I guess). At first I was nervous to talk about the subject at all, but he made me comfortable immediately, by blowing it off as nothing. He is the one that told me that smoking a joint is basically the same thing as drinking a beer. But everything must be taken in moderation and not abused.

Ok..I tried going on the website christiansforcannabis and it is not responding for me. I tried it twice this morning and once a few minutes ago.

On a Christian standpoint, the body is the temple of G-d. So whenever you put any chemical in your body you are harming the temple. But, I don't really believe in eternal damnation just because you are smoking. I think in the end it just matters where your heart lies with Him. originally posted by chuuzestu

true. but i dont agree the you are harming the temple i think more like honoring the temple and giving my body & mind some down time, epecially sence " and god created the world in six days he rested on the seventh or something like that what the hell do you think he did on the seventh day, he probley sat down looked at everything he had createded and said, shit i need a bowl.

ordered a pizza (which is like a the 1300 and never was changed based on the accutal way todays people are talking the speeling should be changed to "peetza/peetsa." because when i order a" peetza/peetsa" i say " Hey i want to order a "peetsa." (sound it out, mutha fuckers) or would you say"hey id like a pizza(which when you sound it out should sound like Pi-zza or Piz-za neither of them are the ones my friends have ever used ether used make the choice)

oh yeah back to the god story right. and watched tv for the nixt hour and a half. then had another bowl and finished off the peetsa (i hate that word so bad).then laid down with the tv on at about 4. feel alseep. woke up around 10ish watched the news and got bored, after about an hour he started to created the stars for people like him.

yeah im so obviusly stoned. <hes locked in the tracted beam><PULL HIM OUT> <cant sir its to late><THEN MAN YOUR STATIONS AND DO BEST YOU CAN><yes sir ill tell the boys><sir><YES><one last question sir>YES WELL GO AHEAD><permission to give em hell sir><PERMISSION GRANTED><HEY><yes><GIVE THEM ONE FROM ME><yes sir!>

LOL, I added paragraph's and stuff.. you can be stoned overhere, but try to keep it a bit "readable", mmkay..? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Slayer Fairy I think you have done nothing wrong and you have every right to not feel guilty about smoking weed.

I feel the same as you said, that weed is the only drug I dont feel guilty about doing. Its not like were doing coke here, were just burning a little reefer and I dont see no problem with it.

The indians used to smoke weed, and weed has a strong history in this world, it also comes from the earth and is a product of nature, which is the number one reason I dont think of it as a bad thing.

But all in all I think you should go with your instincts, do what you think is right, dont do something because someone is influencing you to do so.

Whatever your choice is im sure you'll make it the right one, so take care and tell us what your ending decision is.

ghostlystoned is obviously STONED!!!! Take a little time to edit your posts little brotha....

Thank you guys! I've been reading the bible more often and my relationship with God is growing. The close I get to him, the less worried I am about the pot smoking thing. :)

therealbeats said:
Actually his friend probaly never has drinken caffeine. JW's don't drink it. But's its funny because about 10% of starbucks employees are JW's.
That is absolutly wrong and rediculous.

Hey

I think the reason why its probably looked down upon is when people forsake their responsibilities for pleasure or hurt other people in the process. The US is still so 'ungodly' Puritanical it is frightening. Don't feel guilty about pot use. Don't do anything that upsets your morals or that you wouldn't do otherwise while on pot and you'll be fine.

In response to asian freek's pastor:

drugs exists as a temptation that christians are supposed to resist. just because god created drugs, doesnt mean you're supposed to do them, you're supposed to resist them. also, when you believe in god, there should be no reason to do drugs because God is supposed to be your "drug" or "high" and you should be happy enough not to do them.

I'm sorry to say, but this statement sounds like one straight out of a commercial. Well I understand that drugs stand as a temptation that is meant to be resisted, but who decides which is an illegal drug and which isn't. There are many temptations in life some are actually harmful and dangerous and some are not.

drugs exists as a temptation that christians are supposed to resist. just because god created drugs, doesnt mean you're supposed to do them, you're supposed to resist them.

Just because you are tempted to do something, doesnt mean it has to be evil. And yes god created drugs, but who is it that considers what is a drug and what is not. Does that mean if i go out and become a drunk, it's ok, because it isn't an illegal drug? Why is it that christian's drink wine then? If people should have no reason to find that "high", then what is alcohol for. Does that mean I can't eat candy anymore, because it gives me a sugar "high"? Anyways I just wanted to point out that your statement falls into the norm and what most people believes pot to be, because the government tells us to believe it is so.

also, when you believe in god, there should be no reason to do drugs because God is supposed to be your "drug" or "high" and you should be happy enough not to do them.

Im not too sure of the conotation of this part of the statement. This is basically saying that if you believe in god, then you should be happy all the time, hence you never need a "drug" or to experience an unnatural "high". Sorry to say, but it sounds like another programmed statement. I don't believe this to be true either, people are people. Everyone goes through hard times, no one has a perfect life, even if they devote every second of it to God, not even for pastors. If you look at my post above, i quoted my pastor too saying "Smoking a spliff is the same thing as drinking a beer" And I thought my pastor would be more of the conservative type. Lastly, I just want to stress that you should be able to determine for yourself whether smoking pot is an immoral thing, not a commercial.