• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Sharing Your Weed

aallii420

Bluelighter
So what are the politics and rules of sharing your weed with your friends? I find that I buy it, and somehow share it with them with the promise of "we'll smoke mine next time" and it never happens. Do you make your friends pay for the weed you all smoke(that you bought) or is it normal just to share it? Have you ever felt that people used you for your weed?

Usually there is always someone that doesn't have weed - and we always smoke him out. It helps if it is more than one person donating to a single person - sometimes it is just one person donating to several different people and that sucks :(

Most of the time in my circle when people say they will pay you back - they do. There are two notable exceptions - and we would regularly meet without them and badmouth them, not answer calls from them when we were smoking together, and all around avoid having them around if we were holding. That's what you get for mooching ;)

--- G.

I enjoy sharing weed, it's part of the reason I smoke. I don't like smoking alone, it gets really boring, so it's just natural to me that I would share with pretty much anyone. If they start asking me to smoke them up, however, I'll stop asking them to share my weed with me; free weed from a generous smoker is a privilege, not a right.

Yes I don't mind smoking one person up. I just hate smoking like 2 or more up. I always smoke up the guys who's house I am at. It is only right. Or the easiest thing to do to smoke weed with people is tell them you will match bowls. Matching is the shit. Peace

BehavyuR said:
free weed from a generous smoker is a privilege, not a right.

word.

---------------------

in my circle of friends we have the philosophy of "it's just weed". we're pretty liberal about it. the people that tend to not have it, we tend to not see, so it works out pretty well...

everyone always comes over and smokes at my house and uses my pipes/bongs/papers so i pretty much always get free weed. every once in a while ill buy alot and share with anyone who wants some.

Yeah as long as your friends dont cross the line, ie, yeah I can give my mate a bong, or 100, I dont really care if I offer them all to them, when people start expecting/taking I'm less inclined to give them free weed

my group of friends are fantastic like that though as if im out of weed i can basically ring a few mates and they are more than willing to give me a few grams to get me thru till pay day or till I score, we're not really fussed over it beacuse our theory is that it all evens out in the end one way or another!

The thing is - if you are tight with distributers or even just dealers - you never need to worry ;)

--- G.

when i first started smoking people would smoke me out almost all the time, and sometimes i would offer to throw five on it.

once i started buying my own weed i would nearly always pack the bowl for my friends or match with people at a party.

in college i usually got smoked out or id smoke alone(since weed is much more illegal in brazil its harder to smoke with people you dont live with or know really well).

recently i lived with a moocher who nearly always promised to pay me back.. sometimes he smoked me out or matched bowls, but eventually he started a tab(supposedly until he got a job..) that was at $500 when he bailed and signed up for the marines. i heard he got kicked out. haha.

after that i moved in with another pot enthusiast who only smoked really nice high quality weed and we shared our house stash with each other. we'd match bowls with friends, but if anyone was out they got smoked out automatically.

if someone offers to smoke me out ill usually accept without making a verbal return-smokeout promise, and conversely if i have weed ill usually pack a bowl for everyone there.

yeah i dont mind it at all, but sometimes mad heads will show up at my place, and somehow im the only one with weed. thats what really sucks, cuz fools will be all looking at me and shit to smoke them out, and i just feel all this intense uneasyness. Other than that i always smoke everyone out as it seems i am always the one with the supply, no matter what! peace

uumpaloompa, I really think that before you hook up with your friends to smoke you need to tell them that you "dont have any" or "dont have enough" and ask everyone to chuck in $5/$10, even if you're the only one with a hookup and have to get more, people can't really say "oh that's not good enough where is my free weed!!" if people know they cannot get it for free, then they will be willing to chuck in a bit, perhaps you have alread set that expectation to your friends that you will automatically shout them??

on the same note

well how about this?

i bought a bag of some pretty expensive stuff from a friend. when that friend brought over the weed, she also brought a friend. both of them were already really stoned, yet when i packed the bowl to smoke, i kept getting the 'are you gonna pass that?' look. so i passed it, everytime. and everytime they would take it and pull huge hits. normally i wouldn't mind. but they smoke every single day. i only smoke when i have the money to buy it, like every other week. plus they were already mad stoned!

my question is this: if i was sober, they were stoned, i bought expensive weed, smoked them up until it was all gone, should i have opened my mouth and stated the obvious? the obvious being that i felt i was being pressured into letting them take advantage of my good nature and smoke all my weed when they know i don't have the money to support their habits.

bah... i let it happen i guess

i would of said something. maybe not of been to serious but get your point across like they owe you next time.

I have always been the one paying other peoples way in weed.

I'm probably owed a few pounds by my friends in back taxes.

:)

I share my stash no problem, ask me for a cigarette and expect the bird!

i always share what i have with my friends and vice versa. only the last bud, that get's saved for private use. =D

What goes around tends to come back around in my 420 crew, I'd say we all smoke each other up and get smoked up about equally.

Normally I don't mind smoking people up, especially if the alternative would be me smoking alone. But I do have a few smoking peeves that are left over from the days when I was perpetually broke and I made my nugs go as far as they could go.

So if I'm smoking you up and you do any of the following, I will call you on it:

1. You do not need to take the largest hit you can possibly fit in your lungs.

2. Do not torch a bowl that is already well-cherried by keeping the flame on it for the duration of your massive hit.

3. Do not pack down the cherry with the butt of the lighter prematurely... yeah that means you get a huge hit, but now its cashed and we could have got a couple more hits out of it.

4. Do not chill with the bowl too long before taking a hit. Even the most interesting narratives can be paused for the five seconds it takes to hit a bowl.

5. Do not complain that my bowlpack didn't go around enough times, especially if you employed any or all of the above methods!

So yeah, don't be "that guy" and I'll gladly smoke you up :)

back when i first started it seemed we would always share, and then it seemed like i always had it and i would always smoke people out just because i had no one else to do it with.
Now everyone wants to get like 5 on it and that annoys me, i like it when i have some and i smoke someone out, and then they get some and they smoke me out. Thats how it is supposed to go, unless i'm in their house or car and then they smoke for free.

That reminds me, i smoked my friend out massive and he just got some quality stuff, i better call him before its too late

For the most part, if you have willing lungs, I share. I did have a friend that was a total bastard though. He'd hang around the group and smoke and when it was over he'd go someplace and smoke his own weed. The worst was when nobody else had weed and he'd come out of his room all ripped wanting to have "deep" stoner conversation with all the sober people. Sad to say I had to cut him out of the loop. *snip*

bluedolphin said:

4. Do not chill with the bowl too long before taking a hit. Even the most interesting narratives can be paused for the five seconds it takes to hit a bowl.

Yeah! No camping on the grass! I know somebody who does this all the time. You take a hit and pass it and he thinks you just handed him a microphone. He'll talk until you're all the way down from that first hit and you never get stoned. It's a source of much strife.