A NEW BEGINNING * New Years Eve * 12.31 * Queens NY * w/ Rabbit In The Moon Live

btw.. the owners closed down the venue early.. not because their were lack of dj's. you are correct the party DID end @ 6:15 and not 7:00 am . In terms of production.. The sound system WAS the sound sytem they use to play on the beach in Miami and was the same company that installed it , visualy the same visuals, & the Same Rabbit In The Moon that performs around the globe.. the party is what you make of it. I APOLOGIZE that you feel you didnt get yer $'s worth. That was def. not our intent - All did come out we appreciate and thank you for your ongoing support & Be on the look out for the next insane party production.. coming to a town near you .. %) - Funk eL - *

Last edited:
I saw ritm in DC a few weeks ago for the first time. They blew me away, definately one of the best shows I've ever seen.

RITM is phenomenal when you're tripping... i say them sober the second time- blah.

i didn't see them on NYE- and judging from what other people are saying, i'm glad i decided not to go. i'm sorry you guys didn't get what you paid for:(

why would you pay the djs but not have them play? and why was the dnb room closed?

Good observation^^^^

There were definitely a number of DJs on the flyer that did not end up spinning. When I am talking about not getting my money's worth...that is a major factor in that statement. I paid for ALL the DJs on the flyer...but I didn't get to see them all. See what I'm saying?

here we go... 1. One of your fellow patrons @ the party STOLE MC Sharpness's MIC.
2. There were problems with the power upstairs.. that kept fucking up unfort. (Club Issue) possible fire saftey issue -
3. I am NEVER EVER using the Amazura for a venue again. The owner forced my security to shut the upstairs down or he WOULD SHUT THE ENTIRE PARTY DOWN. thats how those motha fuckas get down.

im sorry you didnt getr wat you paid $ for in yer oppinion.. .. im DONE with the amazura.. i tried to bring something of a horse of a different color for you guys on NYE n not only lost $ but got fucked by the venue. Just got off the phone with Datcyde who will be posting shortly to tell you EXACTLY wat happened with the upstairs room, and to ALSO inform you & put to rest these BULL SHIT rumurs that i dont pay DJ's and Dj's didnt get paid. I Pay my dj's ALL OF THEM EVERY SINGLE ONE that had arrangements to get paid GOT PAID. nuff said. If you guys didnt enjoy the party I WANT you to say so .. i LOVE the feedback negative or possitive cause it then allows me to expand and to work on production and wat can be done on my end.. i asked the same thing after afraid of the dark (halloween party i threw).. wat I DO NOT appreciate n do get defensive about is ... IGNORANCE and people that have NOTHING to do with my production and or know wat REALLY goes down ... slandering my companies name.. saying that I Dont pay Dj's which is BULL SHIT, n down right lies n slander. Ask around the industry, ask the dj's @ the event, ask every dj that i have worked with in the past , ask every agency that i have ever worked with.. i dont need to defend my self in regards to that accusation cause everyone knows its straight up BULL SHIT. but.. on the real tip.. i LOVE the feed back once again possitive and negative and appreciate EVERYONES oppinions & concerns, and will use them to make our Quality production company even better n take shit to the Next Level.. better production (if its possible) it dont get much better then P.A.W.N. , Rabbit In The Moon plasma visuals, and DNB/ Turbo sound system installed bt the best sound company in the U.S.A. . keep it commin guys i love it.. :) just wanted to put the lies to rest .. . and when all these dj's start posting saying they got paid lol then these BS rumors will be put to rest. AND THATS how i get down..

DJ Dank
Funky Element Productions & Recordings NY
www.funkyelement.com
www.dj-dank.com

I dont think that people are trying to slander your company's name. They are just passing on info that they heard. But its good that you are around to give your side of the story. Throwing parties in nyc is no easy task Im sure. I would never even attempt it there.

I wasn't trying to slander your production company, nor was I saying that you didn't pay your DJs. If you look at everything I wrote you will see that I never said anything of the sort. I was merely venting some of my frustrations with the party as a whole.

Like I said, I was with good company and I had a good time there. Dank, I really appreciate the fact that you welcome the criticisms as well as the praises of your parties. However, when you say that you want to hear the negative, please try not to become so defensive. I think everyone (well, at least I do) realizes how difficult the job is that you have undertaken and given the circumstances, it sounds like you pulled everything together the best way that you could. From purely the ticketholders perspective, yes, I feel a little cheated that I didn't get the entire show that I was promised, but taking the whole picture into consideration I think that you did the best you could with what you had.

So perhaps the Amazura isn't the best place for a party...you know that now and won't make the same mistakes. I think your production company has a lot of possibilities and a good future. You've thrown some kickin parties. I wish you the best of luck with everything.

Well that sucks... I feel bad that this party didnt go down well, especially since I endorsed it. I do know though, from attending 2 previous F.E. parties that they work hard to bring it to all of us... I wouldnt be opposed to hitting up their next party, but then again, I didnt loose money on this one.

lets not beet around the bush.. . i got shit on video n madd pics and if you look on other message boards and heads that went to the party.. im gonna toot my own horn here ;-) THE PARTY WAS OFF THE METER - but then again .. wat do i know about throwing parties right %) =D

next one is in the worksssssss...... if you only kneww wat sneaky shizit we got up pur sleeves.. ALL GOOD .. WATCH ME WORK~

Hollaaaaaaaaaaaa @ Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa BOYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DJ Dank
Funky Element Productions & Recordingns NY
www.funkyelement.com
www.dj-dank.com

;-)

Scene Magazine:
Volume. 10.0
January 2004 Edition:

Pictures of event: www.globalscene.org - Photos

Review of the month: (DEC)

New Years Year: Wednesday, December 31, 2003.

New Beginning
presented by Funky Element Productions

Comments:

Best New York City event we have attended in years. A combination of world class talent, tight productions, some of the most fortunate kids who walk planet Earth and New Years Eve, resulted in New Beginning being the place to be in NYC on NYE of 2003. The Cover was $50 in advance, and $70 at the door, but Rabbit in the Moon for NYE in NYC, that is a very fair ticket. Drinks and water as usual were over priced, Staff was very friendly and accommodating,. Organization of the event was on point, only exception was the delay in Rabbit in the Moon and early closing of the upstair room. Every DJ set was intense, i especialy enjoyed Bam Bam set, Knowledge set, and as usual the Empress set very much so. For the third time now, I witnessed a pulverizing performance by the World's most recognized Live Electronic Act - Rabbit in the Moon - AKA "Bunny & Confuscios". If you are new to the industry and your not too familar with RITM, thats okay, cuz once you see them you will never forget their name again. You can catch them next in Miami at Ultra 6, (50,000 plus heads), they are headlining once again at the World's Largest Electronic Dance Gathering - The 19th Annual Winter Music Conference in South Beach, FL. Ask any one of the kids on hand what they thought about the performance by RITM, the experience they shared with several hundred others on NYE at the old Amazura in Queens. They will all tell you the same thing: It was the perfect way to bring in the new year. Rocking out with some of your closest most respected friends, many who you have not seen in months or years even, to RITM.......All i have to say is too every one else in the North East, where the heavens were you? What were you thinking. All good, though, the people who came out held it down tight for you who couldnt make it. It was good having the NYE off this year and taking advantage of the opportunity to attend this event, and then seeing the NY scene come, both upstate and downstate come together like that under one roof, the vibe was ill and people were just having fun and dancing the night away. I dont think the name of the party (New Beginning) could have been more on point. Dank, Allan, on behalf of Donny, Beck and Chrissy and myself and the Y2K crew, we would like to thank you for having us as your guest, we all had a incredible new years and looking forward to the next Funky Element/Digital Domain Event.

Review
by
Vance Parella
Reporting for the
Scene Magazine

Event Review of the Month
January, 2004 Edition: Vol. 10.0

WWW.GLOBALSCENE.ORG

Glad you got a good review, even though it's chock full of grammatical errors. :\ I suppose they dont have an editor.