A NEW BEGINNING * New Years Eve * 12.31 * Queens NY * w/ Rabbit In The Moon Live

Br00klyn that depends on who's going, my b/f is ditching me to go on a cruise, I'm def down if all you are going (don't wanna go alone).
Dank it was cool seeing you too and finally introducing myself :) YAY for ventilation in the DnB room and for surprises too :)

Dazzle said:
Nice edit dank!
But ya know... if you took 10 minutes to make the post look purdy and bold out the important info... more people would actually read it.

It's kinda long... drawn out and boring as currently posted. Just a suggestion.

I agree but sometimes people need to get the full idea. If they care to see this show they will read all that has to be offered. There are some important suggestions regarding unity and our scene as a family that I think most would benefit from hearing now and then. (especially with an 'all ages' party)

I'm so pumped, I don't think anyone understands!!! I just saw RITM Friday at Nation in DC and the sho was spectacular!!!

I can't wait to meet up in NY to check this out- it will be hot. AND 50 bux is MAD cheap for an NY party...on NYE...*faints*=D

btw, RITM is worth my 55 bucks alone. if they were the only ones there i would GLADLY pay the price. simply amazing, words cannot describe how i felt! and i was drug free :p

I am going. Maybe we could have a meetup somewhere in the club. Oh- I have never been to the Amazura - what is the bset up like. Is there a chill out room- for back rubs and such?

i REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY want go, but my friends think ritm is either lame or scary.

candyangel200 said:
I am going. Maybe we could have a meetup somewhere in the club. Oh- I have never been to the Amazura - what is the bset up like. Is there a chill out room- for back rubs and such?

No chill out room. There's one big open room downstairs, hangar style, and a little tiny room upstairs where they stick the D&B dj's and the locals.

I'm really disappointed in Funky Element and I will not attend any of there parties from now on. I was at Afraid of the Dark which was a dust and crack smoke infested horror show. And this New Years party was the perfect example of how NOT to throw a party. I understand that they didn't get the crowd they expected and were low on funds but they shouldn't have book the DJ's if they didn't have the money to back them selfs in the case of a loss. To book a DJ and tell them you will pay them and then say hey sorry we didn't make enough money so don't bother playing, or tell them after they've played sorry we can't pay you... It's just plan wrong... especially when those DJ's probably could have played somewhere else and actually gotten paid!! That's not right! Yah it sucks if a crew looses money on a party but those are the chances you take when you put on a production! I really don't think they should be throwing parties if can't back them selfs in the chance they don't make enough money. All that does is disappoint they people that are paying to go to their parties and anger DJ's into never playing for them again! It's not the DJ's fault the party didn't make any money... It's not the ravers that paid $50 in advance $70 at the doors fault the party didn't make enough money! If a production company is going to book a DJ saying they will get paid x amount then that DJ should be able to play and should get paid. I for one will never support Funky Elements again I would prefer to give my money to people that keep it real!

P.S. Rabbit In The Moon was a total disapointment and Knowledge tore it up! His set was incredible!!

^^^^^EXCEPTIONALLY well said comment!!
Overall, throwing parties at venues is a business. If you can't satisfy the dj you booked by paying the amount you obligated to him/her, or if you can't meet the need of the attendees (party people), then you shouldn't put together a production company and throw together a party just to make a profit and pronounce thats its "your" party. All this is showing is how unprofessional & unorganized a production company can be.
So you might have had successful & profitable with events before, but you have to expect a lost sometime inorder to satisfy the good of your reprutation & respect as a respectable production company.
If the djs or attendees are not satisfied or can't respect how you run your production company in throwing events you will get negative feedback, less top-notch bookings & attendess. So overall those two people are the most important people to satisfy when setting up an event. Can you properly satisfy both parties?? Its most often hard to do, but that is the makeup of a great party/event being thrown. And in doing so, if you can satisfy both parties, you'll have much more respectable events regardless if those events are profitable or not. And if they are not profitable you will STILL definitely see the support & respect from those who feel that you did your best to try and satisfy everyone first before making your profit or breaking even.

Where more are your piorities?? Is it in the profit made or the longevity, respect, support, & following of your company??

just my experienced .02 cents

Dj Odi didn't get paid and didn't find out till after he spun. X-Dream was told he wasn't getting paid so he didn't spin. Half the Drum n Bass DJ's didn't get to play cause they closed the upstairs room so they could pay Rabbit In The Moon.

Last edited:
ritm is very overrated in my opinion. its a shame that all that happened. production companies should be prepared to take a loss for their events.

^^RITM is great to see once but the second time was the same damn show! Music was different, but damn...I haven't seen them in two years...that's a little time to switch it up.

I did have a good time at this party, but it was because I was with some great people. Unfortunately, I also was disappointed in the whole production of the event. The drum and bass room was completely closed down and there is no excuse for that when people are paying 50-70 fucking dollars for an event. I'm sorry that the event did not exactly attract the amount of people that it should have, but there has to been some better management here. The event also ended at 6:15 instead of the 7 o'clock promised because of the lack of DJs...come on...when I pay 50 dollars, I expect to get my money's worth.

I will compliment the party on the lighting. Good shit. Sercurity was alright too. Like I said, I had a good time, but I can understand why people are angry.

Dank I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I'm just telling it how I perceive it.

$50, shiit....
that does suck when you don't get your $$ worth.

for $55 you could go see ritm plus 200 other djs for 14 hours at a park in miami....

but then again it was new years and all parties were overpriced anyhow.

werd btw.. EVERY DJ including Odi got payed... be on the look out too..

Next ones in the works... will be Bigger, Stronger Faster..

much love -- aint no stopp'in us - .. hollaaaaaaaaaa

the parties will still be flowin liek a mo fo --

This a quote from Melisaa on fortheravers.com ...

"I have been informed that some of my previous statments are in fact false and I will be the first to admit when I'm wrong!" this is refurring to Dj's not getting paid and us firing the DnB line up to pay R.I.T.M. which is 150% false lol

Nuff said.. .ALL THE DJ's GOT PAID.... u might not have liekd the party AND are definately entitled to your oppinion and i appreciate it .... its in the minority but still most def. Respect it.. all we ask is that you get yer facts straight before posting.. n btw .. your apology is accepted. See you @ Spanked ;-)