• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How long have you been using cannabis?

How long have you been a user of cannabis?

• I don't use cannabis

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • 0 - 1 year

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • 2 - 4 years

Votes: 227 36.4%
  • 5 - 9 years

Votes: 194 31.1%
  • 10 - 19 years

Votes: 69 11.1%
  • 20 or more years

Votes: 36 5.8%

• Total voters
I've been smoking for 13 years, most of which has been on a daily basis. early on i used to take a break for 3 months to clean out my system and it was easy to stay off. i smoke at least 6 joints a day now, starting with before i go to work. about 2 years ago i tried to stop and those who are heavy smokers would know that if you abstain from smoking you sweat a lot throughout the night in your sleep, and when I mean sweat, my bed is wet and i have to get up and towel myself off. i can't have a chick over cos once one side of the bed is soaked i have to change sides. anyway, when i tried 2 years ago, i sweated every night for 6 weeks, yes, every single night!!! after 6 weeks i cracked the shits and started smoking again and guess what, the sweats went away. i don't believe it's the grass that made me like that, but more so the chemicals that are used to grow (i don't grow myself).

Been smoking for almost 10 years now. Not a daily smoker; used to smoke a lot more when I was a grower but since I now work approximately 50 hours a week at a "drug-free" work place I have really cut down.

Now I really only smoke when I go out on the weekends, so around once a week.

And those of you who say you are addicted: its all in your head!! Its physically impossible to become addicted to cannabis. Sheesh! Moderation is a great thing!

Before hydro growing was around, I agree with the theory of addiction only being in your head. But once you introduce the nasty chemicals you gain an addiction to them. So yes, you can become addicted.

jman657 said:
Before hydro growing was around, I agree with the theory of addiction only being in your head. But once you introduce the nasty chemicals you gain an addiction to them. So yes, you can become addicted.

you're still getting addicted to the THC, not nasty chemicals

Wow this is leik the ultimate postwhore thread for the Cannabis Forum =D

Ive been smoking for 2years and a few months i think, hard to remember... :)

One time when id just started smoking i had to go home. I was quite paranoid back then, so being the ingenious newbie i was, i sprayed calogne on my clothes to mask the smell, then in my mouth to mask the smell... EEW My friends laughed for a long time about that.

/goes to finish bowl

I'm 19 now, first smoked up when I was 12 or 13.. so what, 6-7 years?! Nah, not really.. I made a concious effort to not get heavily into drugs and stuff until I finished highschool.

I've been a weekly smoker for the last two and a half years, sometimes taking a month off, sometimes smoking a half ounce a week.. sometimes, rarely, a bit more than that.

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with cannabis, to be honest, unlike a lot of smokers I know who just love it.. I can see some of the negative ways it effects me, and I make concious efforts to counter these.. if I keep up that trend, I bet I'll be smoking for the rest of my life. :)

Mercy

i started on october 19th 2002, and i haven't looked back. pot has had a good effect on my life, and creative energy.

First got stoned in December of 1996 at the end of the downtown 4, 5, 6 train platform @ Union Square (NYC). I was waiting for a friend there when some dude in a leather jacket with tassels and an Indian Cheif sewn on the back came off the train and asked me for a light. He pulled out a joint and smoked me up.

That was the first time in my life that I was truly, utterly bursting with joy, glee and happiness. I'd never smiled and giggled that way before and felt so utterly relieved of life's pressures and insufferable boredom.

I'm a smoker for life, brah.....

6 years, since i was 14... more or less daily for about 2-3 years, with a break every now and then

the past 4 years have been the greatest! I blame college for all my sins now... LOL

smoked for the first time 3years ago and have been a 'serious' (daily) smokr for the past year i would say

I can clearly remember that night of February 2001 when it all begun :D

Never been a heavy smoker though, I usually smoke much when some party happens... so 5-6 times per year.
Otherwise, I'm not smoking almost during "normal" days...
So everytime is like a "big first time" :D

Hi all

Been smokin 23 + years on and off (mainly on) ;)
Work keeps me from being a constant stoner, but its very rare that i don't have at least one joint daily %)

Like to have a couple of weeks off occasionally no problems going without, maybe feel a little preoccupied for the first couple of days and vivid dreams will rob you of sleep, though thats usually only one or two nights. :\

On the whole a good thing, but bitterly regret starting the tobacco habit as
chest is a little fucked now, But i am convinced thats nothing to do with the green ;)

Dave.

This January will mark 9 years since I first smoked pot. =D

I started young (13) but I've never been a very heavy user.

There was a brief (less than 6 month) period when I smoked every day. But usually it was a once a week or less thing. The longest I've gone without is 4 months. I don't really see a reason to ever stop completely, I know plenry of people who smoke in their 40's and 50's. I've proven to myself that I'll never have an abuse problem with pot, its just something I'll always enjoy recreationally.