View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey nofx, I did not do a wash with that. I find it to be not too bad. It probably could be improved though (I've stored it away for a day when injection is an intriguing idea).

Please let me know if you wash it and it improves.

Yeah that stuff looks like it could really use a wash.Wish the person making it availible would do one, I mean it's not all that hard.So many good teks out there;)

hey guys, i don't really want to read through this whole thread, and i did a search since i assumed this would have been answered....but what would you suggest as the easiest DMT tek? the easiest extraction to do...i have been reading the Loki's tek over at dmt nexus and have a few questions...will post them later after seeing what else is suggested. tryign to just read everything i can right now to get a hold on it, but figured advice on which one to focus is a good move.

get the bark, crush it to powder... add the lye to water... mix with bark.

let it sit for however long u feel like then add some realy hot bestine or vm&p naptha. swish it around in there and let it separate. once its separated use a syringe or turkey baster to get all your naptha.

evaporate it. recrystalize it like this:
warm bestine and use just enough to make the dmt desolve in it. make sure its allll desolved though. then just let it sit at room temp. after huge crystals form u could put it in the fridge for another 12 hours or something then move it to the freezer after that.

thats the easiest there is. everything is pritty much just a variation of that.

that right there should give you nice big clear crystals depending on your recrystalization.

if your on the nexus im sure youve already found the right ammount of lye to make your solution 13.5 ph. as well as the recrystalizations... nexus has pritty much everything....

what is people's opinions on odorless mineral spirits for the non-polar extraction step?

terrapintraveler said:
!!!! Hmm....not really sure what to think right now. Maybe I had seen that picture before, not that familiar with it...but, um, that's pretty much what I was describing only the background was a lot darker and the image was horizontal (and there was no person). Wierd that even the snakes were the same color...
that is so cool that you saw that in such detail!...yes, perhaps a hidden memory, but neat nonetheless. it is the sign of my favorite god, sage and father of hermetics hermes/hermes trismegestus/thoth ultimately the sign of wisdom, which can be boiled down to your DNA double helix. to me it is the metaphor/archetypal signal that you have reached true wisdom, but then again, i am not exactly a master of magick and metaphor, just a neophyte when it comes to that. but to me, just as myths are a metaphor, language just isn't enough when it comes to the psychedelic experience, metaphor and imagery is the best way to communicate.

Last edited:
IGNVS said:
get the bark, crush it to powder... add the lye to water... mix with bark.

let it sit for however long u feel like then add some realy hot bestine or vm&p naptha. swish it around in there and let it separate. once its separated use a syringe or turkey baster to get all your naptha.

evaporate it. recrystalize it like this:
warm bestine and use just enough to make the dmt desolve in it. make sure its allll desolved though. then just let it sit at room temp. after huge crystals form u could put it in the fridge for another 12 hours or something then move it to the freezer after that.

thats the easiest there is. everything is pritty much just a variation of that.

that right there should give you nice big clear crystals depending on your recrystalization.

if your on the nexus im sure youve already found the right ammount of lye to make your solution 13.5 ph. as well as the recrystalizations... nexus has pritty much everything....
thanks for that...i spent a few hours reading through this thread finally and am getting a better handle on it. i have spent years just being an armchair psychonaut and reading the fun trip reports, figured i may as well learn how you guys are getting this neat little spice. so much freaking info/info overload

i have been so excited since discovering dmt some years ago. the usual psychs (lsd, shrooms) just weren't enough, it was too simple so to speak/kinda like coming home, but i want my ass kicked

Last edited:
I have some synthetic DMT coming, maybe it's from the same place you guys got it :)

Is it necessary to do the wash on this product, or is it just to more likely look and smoke better? Maybe I'll do a wash on a little bit of it, and see how that goes.

Can't wait to blast off8o

DarthMom, the most popular and easy to follow tek seems t be the marsofold tek.

Not sure if its the best but it does give excellent results.

terrapintraveler said:
I'll go along with where this thread is going...

if one was to go about extraction from rootbark, is it worth it to do a tek like the Elfspice tek (which involves defatting and whatnot else), or will a simpler/quicker tek produce similar results? Also, in your experience is it worth it to buy a buchner funnel or will a simple funnel work just as well?
a simple base water polar solvant extraction is all thats needed. and no funnals are needed, just use a turkey baster to pull the naphtha. and there are various teks for cleaning the yellow crystal, the ebst Iv done is put your yellow crystals in some naphtha (or rather naphtha on your yellow crystals) slowly untill all you have is just one BIG cloud of dmt in napptha (you'll see) and then put the container in a plastic glass filled with water and throw it in teh freezer, when the water is frozen the naptha has droped the crystals and you'll see a bunch of white jizz looking stuff in the naptha (alost liek teh toplayer of pudding) just pour the whole thing over some fine linnon and bam, you got some clean DMT freebase.

I ahve run into problems with naphtha never evaping fully, but I think this is from
1. inferior bark
2. old naptha thats been sitting in the woods for weeks
3. bad karma on my part

In my, most humble, opinion, the defatting and washing steps that are included in some of the available teks are, most definitely, worthwhile. Even doing something as simple as one defatting by dripping through heated naptha (i.e. Loki) will substantially improve the quality of your final product. True, you can smoke nasty, waxy, oily crud and still trip. But, the properly refined and purified n,n-dmt freebase is so much smoother and sweeter and more ounce-for-ounce potent that to skip the additional 30 to 45 minutes required to adequately defat and/or wash, seems like an impatient foolishness of the highest order, to me at least. YMMV.

--j.q.

Hey smart and knowledgeable chemical wizards! I have big question....

I've been reading about the "hummingbird tek" for ayahuasca prep and the tek states that it will produce a very strong brew with just 8 grams of root bark. The kicker of the tek is the use of phosphoric acid to get the alkaloids out of the bark and into the brew. I've read of previous researchers theorizing that rootbark extractions suffer on account of tannins binding with alkaloids (perhaps the base teks get higher yields by breaking these bonds), Is it possible that phosphoric acid can increase yields beyond what we are currently experienceing with a/b?

hmm i will have to check that out. we may end up doing aya anyway, hubby is pussying out on an extraction
tongue.gif

extraction easy you extract you can smoke too the smoke is nice it makes your brain feel gooooooood.

Anyone tried activated carbon for cleanup? Works fantastic. I realize alot of teks yield white right from the first precipitation but,... If you have yellow, add about 20ml non-polar per gram of dmt and 33% by weight activated carbon. You might have to heat to get the dmt into solution. Mix it well, and leave overnight. If the dmt goes out of solution heat it back up and filter out the activated carbon. Pour heated non-polar over the activated carbon in the filter as many times as you feel like to attempt to save the dmt that is still in the carbon. 1 equal portion to the amount used to make the original solution should be fine. Your solution should go from yellow to clear. It might not get 100% of the yellow out but there should be a significant improvement. When looking for activated carbon, choose a sample with a bunch of little chunks, not powder.

This has turned yellow oil to white crystals upon evaporation.

There is great thread at the Nook by the "inventor" of this method.

at the moment im listening to this youtube video of Terence Mckenna describing his first smoked DMT experience, during it he mentions that there were being that told him "not to give into astonishment." which seems odd to me, because didn't Joe Rogan say the same thing? almost word for word aswell. and then i got to thinking, it seems like theres a lot of distinct similarities in DMT trips, like machines, elves and probably a lot more that im not aware of. so my question is - why are there such distinct similarities in DMT trips?

The last breakthrough experience on DMT I was asked (mockingly) what answer do you think you are looking for using psychedelics?

Afterwards, as I was coming out of the experience, I was laying in the leaves, staring at bushes, in an awkward position with my mouth open and flies buzzing and landing on me and for a moment I thought I had 'overdosed' and was dead and now my family would feel much sorrow and pain.

And plus it would be awhile until anybody found me as I was quite alone in a quite remote area.

No entities, no other worlds, no mysteries, just my brain being blasted with 51mg of n,n-DMT.

cLOUDDEAD said:
at the moment im listening to this youtube video of Terence Mckenna describing his first smoked DMT experience, during it he mentions that there were being that told him "not to give into astonishment." which seems odd to me, because didn't Joe Rogan say the same thing? almost word for word aswell. and then i got to thinking, it seems like theres a lot of distinct similarities in DMT trips, like machines, elves and probably a lot more that im not aware of. so my question is - why are there such distinct similarities in DMT trips?
bc joe probably read terence's account. i am looking forward to mine and my hubbies experiences, as he doesn't have any preconceived notions going in, as opposed to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.