Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illusion25:

My one oral experience was 3 g crushed rue and 50 mg DMT 45 minutes after. It thoroughly kicked my ass. I was very glad I didn't do more. That said, it was a very important trip and I learned a lot, and it was life changing. I wouldn't want to repeat an experience like it any more than once a year and even then, I'd be really nervous going back in. But ... that's just me. I highly recommend it, despite the challenge.

My girlfriend took 3 g of rue, then an oral DMT dose which did nothing to her, although she puked a lot and might have lost a lot of the dose. Frustrated, she took out the pipe and smoked some, maybe 30-40 mg. She was only semi-concsious for 50 minutes and she endured what she described as unadulterated hell. More of an intense moody semi-blackout, with few of the usual DMT visuals. It scared her off smoking DMT for quite a while. So, I am assuming the MAOI had a significant effect.

From my experience, 8-13 grams of mimosa should yield roughly 40-70 mg, but of course that is highly variable, just a really rough shot. So, it seems to me you are spot on track. 3 g rue and 50 mg would be a great starting dose IMHO, and I'd give it 45 minutes.

I would do that first before I started mixing in DPT personally. I always find it more helpful to learn one substance alone first, then mix later.

By the way, I'm adding this in for harm reduction reasons. a previous poster (JRARMZ13) suggested 200-300 mg DMT with an MAOI for an oral dose. I'd advise strongly against that. In fact, I think that suggestion is a bit irresponsible with all due respect to the poster. I'm going to assume he has done it and is just a hard head, and has made the incorrect assumption that most others would react the same way. Many people have had overwhelming trips at much less than 100 mg.

For some reason I haven't been able to break through on DMT. I've used some fairly large amounts, but haven't gotten there yet. I've come close, where I got to the point where speech was impaired and I felt like I was in a jungle while listening to DMT, but I haven't broken through. My last attempt (I've been vaping with a big fat lightbulb) I took one large hit, and a smaller one and my lungs just gave out, I couldn't get any more in. Any advice on smoking technique?

Additionally, a few of the times (not the last one) I've been on DPT at the same time, do you think this would help or hurt the cause?

thanks for the helpfulinformation drug geek.
I planed on trying the DMT/rue combo first before throwing in DPT into the mix.
I usually try chemicals alone first as well to get well aquainted with them.,
andymac08- i know you as ezmc, right? hehe

anyone else try pharmahusca? and if so what was your dose?
after a couple attempts smoking it i think i will enjoy oral much better.
I would prefer a strong IM dose , but unfortunately i have freebase, not HCL.

illusion25 said:
after a few disappointing and mild smoked DMT trips i have decided to try an oral dose.

was this with extracted DMT or the synthetic "pink stuff" thats going around?

how much did you smoke at a time?

how did you smoke it? did you hold it in?

are you on any medications?

if you are getting dissappointing and mild trips from DMT, something is wrong.

it is the pink stuff.
I loaded 30 mg in a glass dick and took 3 hits and held it in for 30 secs then exhaled.
no meds.
I was only disappointed because it lasted 1-3 minutes and was not very powerful.

I find it too hard to inhale even 30mg of the harsh smoke at once.
I just dont know how i would be able to breakthru smoking 70-100mg, when 30mg is too much smoke.
thats why i am going to try an oral dose. 50 mg of an oral dose seems like it will go a lot further than smoking would. better bang for the buck i guess. plus the length is ALOT longer

illusion25 said:
it is the pink stuff.
I loaded 30 mg in a glass dick and took 3 hits and held it in for 30 secs then exhaled.
no meds.
I was only disappointed because it lasted 1-3 minutes and was not very powerful.

I find it too hard to inhale even 30mg of the harsh smoke at once.
I just dont know how i would be able to breakthru smoking 70-100mg, when 30mg is too much smoke.
thats why i am going to try an oral dose. 50 mg of an oral dose seems like it will go a lot further than smoking would. better bang for the buck i guess. plus the length is ALOT longer

thats weird. From what I've been reading about the pink stuff 30mg sounded like a strong dose. can you describe what the effects were like beyond not that powerful?

personally I've only had extract and with that, 30mg is a weak dose. it only starts to get fun above 50mg.

did it burn or vaporize properly? at least with extract, its easy to burn it using a glass dick.

one suggestion is to try a larger dose, say 50mg. and instead of using a glass dick, use a regular weed pipe and put the DMT between two thin layers of parsely (or inert herb of your choice). at first keep the flame away to melt the stuff without burning it and gradually bring it in closer to vaporize. its ok if the top layer cherries, but dont torch it. this way is usually much less harsh.

ya i have smoked alot of meth out of glass pipes.
i also have smoked alot of 5 meo dmt out of glass pipes.
so basically i know how to hit the pipe very well, that wasnt the problem.

effects- well initially slightly blurry vision, then a tryptamine buzz. but DMT gave me a very calm soothing high. I also felt clean.
Closed my eyes and saw a orange energy pattern.
then everything went away. total high=2 mins

I actually could not tell the difference between this and DPT. very very similar.

DMT seemed to make my vision clearer. And also i felt like wind was blowing thru my brain /skull. like air was moving throughout my body.
The only other time i felt this feeling was whn i tried ayahusca.

i think i might need a larger dose, but i just dont see how i could fill my lungs with anymore. the smoke is really harsh, and makes me cough.

i will have to get more practice i guess

update- just smoked 50mg in 3 consecutive hits. smoke easier to inhale, i guess i am getting used to.
the room turns greenish and i feel slighty high + or a mellow ++.

I guess i should wait a while for my tolernace to go down. I hear that DMT tolernce rapidly goes away but i seem to have one afer somking it 3 times in 2 days.
i will wait a week or two,
IM 40-70mg of DPT is about 10 times more powerful than smoking 50mg of DMT.........for me

Last edited:
I'm fixing to get my hands on some of this "pink stuff". I am wondering if I should get some DPT as well? I have never tried DPT, but the descriptions of "kundalini" type energy turn me on. I do however have a slight aversion to needles.

The "synthetic pink stuff"? Is this supposed to be DMT or should we start another thread "The Big and Dandy synthetic pink stuff".

Its almost surely DMT. If not it is a VERY similar homologue which I cannot tell apart. 30mg of it left my world exploded into fractals and diamonds which formed the central image of One Holy Woman.

Now, a week later I'm questioning my sanity, but its all good! 8)

the pink stuff is DMT.

I find DPT to be much more intense than DMT.
although DMT feels alot cleaner

Pure DMT is colourless. Extracted DMT ranges from colourless to white to yellow to orange to brown.

So what is the "pink stuff"? If it was "synthetic" you'd expect it to be pure which would be colourless.

^^^ btw just because a powder is white or colorless doesn't mean its 100% pure. The impurities it contains could also be white or colorless.

Peace and hopefully someone will run a test on this batch of pink.

Huh ... I've never found DMT vapour to be overly harsh. It makes me wonder what others might be smoking. The pipe does make a difference though. I used to use a glass dick, but have since graduated to a Hennesy bottle (airline mini) with a hole punched through the bottom, and a wad of steel wool in the neck. Load DMT onto steel wool, and pull a flame gently into the opening. It is so smooth that I can't even feel it. I have to watch the pipe to discern how much I am getting.

By the way Samadhi_smiles, you are sure correct, that just because it is white it does not mean that it is pure, but pure DMT is colourless, so having a white or clear crystal surely is preferable to brown, yellow or pink. It might not mean it is pure, but it at least lacks whatever causes those other colours, and I have always found experiencially, the whiter/clearer the smoother going down.

Peace ...

^^^ well, not in my experience. I've smoked white DMT that is much less pure than this pink stuff. I've never seen colorless DMT (you people must be doing lotsa washes!).

I have worked with compounds that were verified to have a purity of >98% (2C-T-2, DPT, bk-MDMA, and ethocin) which were all off color (tan for T2, M1, pink for DPT, and grey for ethocin.) Even an impurity of less than 1% can color the compound.

Drug Geek said:
Huh ... I've never found DMT vapour to be overly harsh. It makes me wonder what others might be smoking. The pipe does make a difference though. I used to use a glass dick, but have since graduated to a Hennesy bottle (airline mini) with a hole punched through the bottom, and a wad of steel wool in the neck. Load DMT onto steel wool, and pull a flame gently into the opening. It is so smooth that I can't even feel it. I have to watch the pipe to discern how much I am getting.

By the way Samadhi_smiles, you are sure correct, that just because it is white it does not mean that it is pure, but pure DMT is colourless, so having a white or clear crystal surely is preferable to brown, yellow or pink. It might not mean it is pure, but it at least lacks whatever causes those other colours, and I have always found experiencially, the whiter/clearer the smoother going down.

Peace ...

I have seen perfectly white MDMA powder that was only about 80% pure (lab-tested). So while even a small impurity may colour a batch, it is also possible that a major impurity will not give off any colour. Bottom line: you just can't tell from what it looks like.

purity

Ximot said:
I have seen perfectly white MDMA powder that was only about 80% pure (lab-tested). So while even a small impurity may colour a batch, it is also possible that a major impurity will not give off any colour. Bottom line: you just can't tell from what it looks like.

Are you sure you're taking the counter-ion into account? Because I too have about 80% pure MDMA however the maximum classically measured purity is about 83-85% because it is in salt form. You could calculate the relative purity by disregarding the salt mass and come up with something that has a maximum of 100% but I doubt that's what labs would tell you.

In addition, various syntheses use various reagents... some are very strong in color emission even though it's a trace amount. And some are very hard to separate from your product because of chemical similarity of properties, especially without throwing out precious product.
MDMA syntheses are done in bulk processes, so dirty product can be put back a step in the process - it's often just a tiny bit off-white and can be even when the purity is in the 80% area.

Having added this, it's absolutely true that you can't tell anything from appearance for sure! :D
I'd be really suspicious if I got my hands on MDMA or amphetamine that's definitely colored though, that stuff should be pretty clean. (not that i use amphetamine by the way)

Status
Not open for further replies.