• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Slang

roll like a cantalope

Bluelighter
[edit by frizzantik: This is now officially the Cannabis Slang Megathread. All questions/information about cannabis related slang belong in this Mega Thread. New threads dealing with slang will be merged into this thread.

Links:
Lengthy discussion on Shwag vs Dank

]
-----------

Headies and Beasters?

Anyone else use this terminology?
headies being really good pot
and beasters being mid grade type pot usualy from canada

Last edited by a moderator:
ive never heard it in california, although some people recognize bc bud, but definately not the term beasters.

seems to be pretty recognized in canada/europe

Yep thats pretty common in Southern Ohio around the college towns...Sparks up some headies...Ahhh. Either that or we call them Tendi's and Middi's

barnicle|bilk said:
hey all.. i'm new so I don't really want to be telling you how to do things... well not just yet anyway ;)

but what about the difference between hydro and bush and maybe even skunk?

Bush is pot grown outdoors i believe, while hydro is pot grown with its roots in a nutrient solution instead of dirt. skunk is a strain of cannabis but many europeans refer to green smell buds as skunk (i think)

Names of weed

We all know weed, but then sometimes there's chronic, northern lights, stress, etc. How did these names become attached and what process of growing changes something from one to another? and how do we tell the difference besides our dealer saying this is one thing and that is another? And bluelight thanks for the cannibis discussion.

some names are the names of strains, others are juyst made up names. i have no idea where cronic and stress came from

I'm pretty sure stress and cronic just happened to be words in some rapper's vocabulary which happened to rhyme with whatever they needed.

In this part of Queensland, Australia we mostly use: herb, weed, bud and 'tha shit' as general terms for cannabis. If we wanna get at all descriptive about the bud it's hydro or bush(outdoors) and the quality is also mentioned, subjectively. "This is some pretty decent bush, eh?" or "Man, this is some fucked up hydro."
We also use dank to describe good, but 'heavy' weed - which I figure is usually poorly cured. The kind of hydro that leaves you feeling a bit fucked up afterwards.

Mercy

those who have read a seed bank directory will clearly ubderstand many of the names. eg. northern lights i believe originally comes from sensi.

Alright... In the shwag vs dank thread, I proposed that Bluelight create a standardized system that could be used for judging weed.. That way when someone called their pot "KB" for instance, anyone reading would know exactly the type of weed they were talking about.. Strenght, seed content, smell, how pretty it is etc. Being a pothead, I wouldnt mind heading this project, if not just to prove i could do it..(Silverfucked Definitive Weed Guide?) ;)

To do this we'd have to collect all the grades of weed in your local area.. Then wed combine those terms, keep the most common ones and throw out the rare ones.. After that we'd take the average definition for that type of weed.. I'll start.. Remember this is how you define it.. Your description of shwag may be better than mine, as shwag to you is higher quality.. ( 8) )

For Tennessee(Knoxville and Nashville), when you get weed, these are your options/results:

Shwag - The lowest of the low.. In my area, if you are smoking shwag, you might as well be smoking grass clippings.. Well, maybe a little better.. Typically all brown in color, it is bought in bags of almost all sake, or small chunks.. The smell of shwag smells like weed and leaves and the taste just like nondescript burning plant matter.. Possibly the only plus is that shwag smoke goes down pretty easy(lack of chlorophyll)..

The most amazing thing about this shit is that no matter how much you smoke, you will never get high.. Only merely buzzed.. You can tell that its THC and not placeabo, but barely.. I could smoke a joint, or a blunt alone, and probably feel a tad spacey and alot sick.. This shit is worthless except maybe for a smoking base for hash, kief, or opium.. Otherwise you shoulda stopped smoking this after your first couple times in 8th grade.. It is a joke on the weed community..

It is always 50%+ stems.. If it is loaded with seeds then it prolly is a heavily pollenated low quality female.. If there are no seeds(which is alot of shwag suprisingly), my theory is that you are actually smoking male flowers/fan leaves.. Should be free, but never more than $10 a quarter.

>1% THC/CBD's

Reg - Of course, stands for regular... Ironically, Ive found that "reg" is usually lower quality than the norm, but that may come from becoming an established druggie..

This weed is pretty much a step up from swhag, the major change being it can get you high.. It'll get you high, but I wouldnt expect anything too profound. Smoke alot of it, and you may be acting pretty stupid in front of people, have laughing fits, munchies, and feel connected to music very nicely.. However, even in large amounts, it is more of an inebrient than a psychedelic, and it lacks the ability to change conciousness in the way more potent weed does.

The smell in reg typically doesnt exist outside of smelling like "plain weed" The taste is planty. The smoke is typically very dry, and if large hits are takin, can be pretty rough on the throat, not as bad on the lungs..

This weed is nothing to get excited over.. It is typically brown and faded green... There will be tonds of seeds and stems, probably around 50% of your smoking material. Typically the result of an inexperienced grower, or cheap but massive growing farms(found in Mexico and Cen.A) where the females are not seperated from the males, and the plants are merely grown, not tended and groomed.. After most of the plant is chopped and sold, leaving some bud, stems, seeds, and fan leaves in the smoking mix.. Id not pay more than $20 a 1/4, although higher prices do exist.. I doubt more than 40 or 50, and you are getting ripped.

THC - 1-5%

Midgrade - Another step up.. This is what I actually consider to be the average weed on the street.. I rarely smoke it unless I'm in a large group and need to provide a decent amount.. Mid's are typically dark [green.. Some may contain orange/red pistils(hairs) <---- Thats about the only color I'd expect, even though color has no importance outside of appearance. This is the lowest level you will feel resin.. Typically it is mildly sticky.. Mids almost always have seeds.. At this point the weed will come in bud form and though their will still be stems, there should be a significant reduction in them.. Typically seeds will be your main worry here.. There could be alot, or only a few.

The smoke will smell skunky.. The smoke will be be half dry/ half heavy.. Which means it will tear at the throat and irritate the lungs.. This is the weed that will incite most coughing fits.. Best for joints and blunts, IMO, as they hit slower and not so hard.

Midgrade has the most variance in potency.. One thing is true though,, If you smoke a normal amount, you will get high.. If you smoke alot, you will get stoned.. A stoned that the last two types couldnt provide, with heavily altered thoughts, time dilation, a powerful body high.. A type of high that literally fucks ypu up... However with midgrade it make take anywhere from sharing a bowl/joint, to one or two by yourself..Average midgrade though.. if you share a bowl/joint you with one person, you will be moderately high.. Do it alone and you should be pretty stoned. The quality within midgrade is usually described with a prefix.. It was alright/ average/ good midgrade, letting the user know where on the rank chain within midgrade, this weed falls. Prices average from $20-75 1/4

THC - 5-12%

Dank/Chronic - Dank is some of the strongest weed available. The only thing that differentiates it from the next type is its appearnce, and how much its been taken care of... Dank is typically indica. Dank comes almost always in very dense buds. that are dark green with orange or purple pistils. When breaking it apart, the fingers will be left very stick, like pine sap. Typically, there may be some seeds. Dont expect very many though, if any.. The only stems should be those that the buds are attatched to.

Unsmoked and smoked the weed smells extremely skunky, very thick and noticable... The smoke is very heavy due to resin.. While its easy on the throat, it expands in the lungs causing quite a bit of coughing.

Personally, I think the high of "dank" is the most powerful.. It will sit you on your ass. Typically it contains the creeper quality, and lots of CBD's, due to its typical indica traits.. The high is pretty strong in all its forms due to the mental clouding it causes(which cuts down on its value actually, IMO).. Despite that, this weed packs a punch, and is typically the highest quality available, until you find some professionally homegrown and groomed herb.. which leads to the next and best. Either way, anyone who is looking to get high and smokes this will always leave fully satisfied. Not for begginers.
Typically $40 -$150 1/4
THC - 12-20+%

K.B - The creme of the crop. The skrillest of the skrill. This is the weed that you see on High Times. This is the way it was meant to be, true connisuer smoke.. Aside from potency and the high, this weed delievers a top quality smoking experience from all sides.. You will find your best indicas and hybrids here, along with most of your pure bred sativas that are worth anything..

K.B. stands for kind bud.. Literally this bud has been very kind, delivering top quality with every aspect. If there is a seed/seeds, it is not KB. KB only comes in buds, and the only stems should be that which the flowers are attached to.. All the other weed has been sticky/sappy due to the THC glangs being mashed into the plant during mass storage. KB however, has been stored right, leaving quite fluffy flowers, with the crystals/trichromes on the outside.. The should be visible, but if they arent, you still may have KB. White Widow is looks frosted it is so covered.

Color can be light to dark green.. The pistils come in a rainbow come in the whole spectrum of colors(indigo, purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red) and white! The potency is just as strong as "dank:, but since the plant is fluffy, not compacted, one can easily get a social light high, just a mind ripping stone..

The smell is typically fruity or piney. The plant is cured, leaving an extremely tasteful and smooth smoke that doesnt irrate the lungs or throat, and leaves a more pleasant aftertase. Some KB is "one hit shit" meaning that you can recieve a full recreational high from just one pipe hit. Yes I have experienced its joy. $50 -250 1/4.
THC - 15-20+%

Hydro = Just a specific type of weed, by the way it grows.. Hydro and KB are typically synonymous, but Hydro is able to have a slightly lower potency.. Hydro has smaller buds and a very citrusey smell and a very fresh earthy taste.. Otherwise, color and grooming are identical to KB $40-200 1/4.
THC -12-20+%

Beasters - Beasters are amazingly well groomed, grown, and cured, but lack potency.. Comparing Beasters to KB by looking, taste, and smell, the only difference would be a lack of trichromes and extra dryness. Beasters can be a letdown as you buy some really good looking weed, and smoke it to find that it is is the potecny of midgrade or worse.. Ive bought beasters that looked like KB, but provided the high of Reg. Easy ripoff.. $20-150 1/4..
THC - 5-15%

oh yeah

Sinsemilla - Spanish literal meaning = without seeds.. Anyweed without seeds, which includes Dank, Beasters, and KB in my book.

^^Ive always thought sinsemilla was weed that had resin were the seeds would normally be.

-Wayne

silverfucked said:
Alright... In the shwag vs dank thread, I proposed that Bluelight create a standardized system that could be used for judging weed.. That way when someone called their pot "KB" for instance, anyone reading would know exactly the type of weed they were talking about.. Strenght, seed content, smell, how pretty it is etc. Being a pothead, I wouldnt mind heading this project, if not just to prove i could do it..(Silverfucked Definitive Weed Guide?) ;)

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104443&r=25 =D

Awesome definitions btw

Northern California slang:

A1 - Top notch quality of any drug
Archie Bunker - Bammer weed
Backwood - One of the many popular brands of cigar used in to roll blunts
Bammer - Quite possibly the most widely used term in Northern California to describe shitty, brown ass marijuana. It can also be used to describe ANYTHING that is bad, phony, wack etc. Made famous by San Francisco rap group RBL Posse and their 1992 underground hit "Don't Give Me No Bammer" (Schwag = Bammer)
Blow - smoking marijuana ("We went to go blow a blunt")
Bomb - High quality marijuana. Term most used when talking about ANY sack of real good weed
Broccoli - marijuana
Cabbage - marijuana
Chief, Chiefin' - smoking marijuana
Chewy - marijuana blunt laced with cocaine
Chopper - a larger than average blunt that hits really well
Chong - marijuana laced with crack or cocaine
Colliflower - Marijuana
Collie - Marijuana
Chunk - a sack that weighs out to be more than what you paid for
Dank - Marijuana
D-Boy - a drug dealer
Dubb/Dubb sack - $20 dollars worth of marijuana; one gram of marijuana
Grimmy - joint laced with crack
Half O, Half Thang, Half Zip - half ounce of marijuana
Hay - bammer weed
Indo - marijuana
Nade - depending on who you talk to, it can be either really good Canadian weed or any other type of weed sprayed with Raid roach spray, which is popular in the projects on San Francisco
New Frontier - asking whoever you're talking on the phone with to front you an eighth
O-Zone - ounce of weed
Pillow - nice, fat sack
QZ - quarter ounce
Remmy - blunt laced with crack
Rope, Roper, Rope-A-Dope - any high quality weed
Surgery - the act of splitting and rolling a blunt
Swisher Sweets - the most widely used blunt cigar in Northern California
Trees - weed
Garcia Vega - another very popular brand of cigar used for blunts

[edit: please don't include images from commercial sites.. it's almost like a source link -fr]

[edit: since when are cigars illegal??? - dubb]

Last edited:
what do you define schwag and mids as?

i dont' know if this should be moved or merged with another thread, but i really want to know. so if it doesn't belong, please do whatever is appropriate.

i saw the indica vs. sativa thread and this got me wondering: when you talk about those 2 strains, it's assumed that the bud is pretty good. at least that's what i gather.

what about the schwag and the "mids"? (i don't want this to turn into a discussion about how there is no middle-ground. that's not the point) do they fall into either of those 2 categories? and does all schwag or mids fall into just one of the 2, or do you all think they can fall into either? lol, or is it just simply "weed"? :D

i guess this isn't really a good important thread, but i figured what the hell? a good honest, curious stoner question for all the stoners out there.

thx,
faris %)

Why is Cannabis sometimes called Blow in the UK?
Skunk I can understand; but blow, that's the name for coke in the US...

^^ because you 'blow' the smoke out? Blow i can understand but the UK term that gets me is drawer, i put my pants and socks in a drawer :S

Gear - any type of smokeable plant material
solid - that disgusting shit that gets passed off as hash.
That pretty much covers all my bases :)

^^Ive always thought sinsemilla was weed that had resin were the seeds would normally be.

-Wayne

If there is resin where the seeds should be, then there is no seeds, so without seeds is a good description.

The term 'skunk' in uk refers to good quality seedless buds. Although is used by some to just mean bud, regardless of quality, i think gear is better :D

Just to show you how slang can vary even locally. Average Whiteboy named off a lot of terms from northern california, which is where I live, and the only ones that I've ever heard of are:

bomb, bammer, chewy, dank, dub, half-o

and I'm not exactly uninformed :)
from town to town, I think only a few prime terms get carried on. If someone came around here and asked for some Archie Bunker or some Collieflower, he'd probably be wearing his ass as a hat.