• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Basic Cultivation

Not basic cultivation… specific questions about time constraints

I ordered 10 White Rhino seeds recently and I hope to start whenever they arrive. However I am on a limited amount of time. I need something that can germinate, go through the vegatative stage, flower, and be ready to be harvested in under 12 weeks. Is this even possible with this strain? I can't let them get too large because of limited space also so I thought that if I grew them quickly this might not be a problem.

ok.. Germ the seeds in a damp cloth in a warm spot. 8-24 hours. Tap root down in 16 oz cups filled with your fav potting blend.

at 4 sets of leaves transplant in to 4 gallon pots.

4-6 weeks 1-2" under a 4 foot shop light (12" tall at least)

Put under a 250w-400w HPS and slam it to 12/12 ASAP pull the males and hope they finish in time..

Germinating can take as long as a week, but the white rhino strain should be done within 60 to 65 days if grown indoors. Just try as fast as possible, but don't push them too much. Good luck with growing and tell us how it went.

Btw, I'm going to merge this with the Basic Cultivation thread, might come in handy overthere.. :)

Alright… Blowmonkey that sounds good. I really wanted replies and sometimes that doesn't happen on the larger threads. I wanted some clarification on something I read a lot. How long does each stage take?
So far this is what I understand:
Germination- 1 week :)
Vegatative- however long you want to get the plant to the size you want
Flowering- 7-10 weeks for Rhino's

If I wanted White Rhino's to be able to be harvested after 14 weeks (thats the longest I can possible go) how tall would they be if I allowed 8 weeks for flowering; they would only be vegatative for 5-6 weeks. I only want them to be about 4' tall so if I can cut down on any of these numbers let me know please. I would normally just go for it and plant and see what happened, but I am moving then so I really need to figure this out incase this is unrealistic.

PL, hehe, I'm not exactly an expert when it comes to growing weed, but if I'm correct the plant starts flowering if you reduce the length of the light cycle. So for maximum speed, keep light on for 24/7 and reduce light intake when you think you're supposed to, for flowering 12/12. So if you want to flower for around 7 weeks and have only 14 max, then (try to) let the plant reach maturity within 7 weeks approximately. Think that's it, dunno what more I can add to that, hope it helps. :)

Hmmm… well thats on the right track. I know about the light cycles (not the ones from Tron mind you; oh man that movie rocks/sucks) but what I want to know is how big it can get with the 18/6 or 24/0 light cycles within the amount of time I have.

That, my friend, I don't know.. :) I've never grown a (female) plant till it was finished (my friends have though), but since it's mainly an indica (hybrid but most part indica), I would say that it doesn't grow all that tall, but more short and bushy. Around a meter in height, but I'm just guessing..

Blowmonkey said:
Germinating can take as long as a week,

I've never seen a seed germ after 3 days no matter the techneque used.. just thought I'd throw that out there.. good beans pop within 24 hours.

If it's your first grow expect to fail. You really should go to overgrow.com for this, they hare the experts on this. Also you will need a 250w hps or larger to be able to yield thick nugs. A 250w can only handle 4-5 plants or around a 8 Sq/ft SCROG with one plant.. You will have to duct out the heat and shyt like that.. Floro's grow airy crap buds.

Yeah… I've been at overgrow for a while now and will continually check what I am doing at there forums and FAQs, but what I haven't heard is how fast the plants grow in the vegatative stage. I've grown many other legal (crazy) plants to much success, but am understandably worried about producing before I have to move away. Also I only have room for 2 bushy plants, 3 if they are damn spindly so I think some of the high powered lights would be too big or unecessary. I would definitely look into buying something more powerful than flouro's if someone gave me another option. From what I understand thats more of a strain issue having airy buds. I've heard that flouro's are alright for when they're tiny. And Shaman do know if White Rhino's really will go from seed to harvest in 60- 65 days? If they were ready in that amount of time would they be tiny… like 1 or 2 feet tall and if they were that tall how much bud would you estimate would be on there? I am so excited to start. I'll keep you guys updated when all the rest of this shit finally goes down. Thanks for the help Shaman.

Pimp Lazy said:
If I wanted White Rhino's to be able to be harvested after 14 weeks (thats the longest I can possible go) how tall would they be if I allowed 8 weeks for flowering; they would only be vegatative for 5-6 weeks. I only want them to be about 4' tall so if I can cut down on any of these numbers let me know please. I would normally just go for it and plant and see what happened, but I am moving then so I really need to figure this out incase this is unrealistic.

Hey Shaman or whoever knows out there… does anyone know this question either? Its very much so related to the last post I did.

White Rhino is mostly Indica if I remember correctly. I would guess (without knowing the breeder) you will get 2 feet of stretch after 12/12.. Really hard to say without knowing things like past experience, soil or hydro, lighting..

Basically if you know (just for the hell of it) you are moving in 100 days and you know that your AK-47 finishs in 56 days you know that you need at least 76 days to finish (5-10 days for actual flowering to start, 56 to finish, and a week to dry and clean up.)

White Rhino is 40/60 Sat/Ind ratio. I am using soil. Never grown this type of herb, but haven taken care of rose trees inside during the winter. I don't have much experience with lights but I think I can just follow instructions from my research. I have never really studied fertilizer. Which one would work best or what type should I use. Same advice for the lights too. I have a very small amount of floor space so I don't need a massively powerful light. Thanks.

And thats 76 days in total right? From seed to harvest? I just want to make sure before I just blow up in excitement. And if they were only vegatative for 5-10 days would that be after they are changed to 12/12 or 5-10 days after seeding. That seems really early.

No.. that is 76 days from 12/12 to cure jar.

as for the other question

Unless it's a clone, you need to wait until it is at least a foot tall before flowering from seed.. Most growers advise to wait until the leaves alternate on the stem..

A full grow from seed to cure jar with an Indica strain will be around 90-96 days.. A Sativa would be up over 100.

Alright… so here's my question Shaman. If you can give a rough estimate that would be great. If I only have 14 weeks the whole seed to cured is about 11 of those weeks… would they be 12" tall midgets by the end or how much will they grow in those first 4 weeks? I got these seeds from a BC bud company(which I hear is a reputable source; not a source discussion by the way ;) ) so I think they will be moderate in the very least. And that 76 days… is that supposed to be 66 days? Also it doesn't need to be totally cured it just needs to be in the jars by when I leave. So any thoughts once again MUCH appreciated. Peace.

In 30 days you should be ready to start flowering.. when MJ flowers it stretches.. meaning that if it was 1 foot it will be around 3 foot in the end. Sativa's stretch more.. Some Indica's only stretch 6 inches.

if you have 14 weeks to go from germination to dried product.. you got time to do that.

I included the 5-7 days it takes to slow dry the manicured bud so it can go into airtight jars for a month.

well wouldn't u grow shitty bud with a weaker light?????

i suggest u juss buy a really good light if u want better bud:p