• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Shwag vs. dank

bizcochoman

Bluelighter
which of these do you prefer? dank and hydro are the way to go imo, thats all i smoke, but my friend was trying to convince me that shwag gives you a "different high" than dro. Plus it is cheaper and i still get pretty high from it, but i was wondering what u guys smoke and why? I like shwag cuz u can roll fatty's without worrying about burning ur money, but then again it tastes worse and takes longer...so what is your bud of choice?

schwag gives you a pretty crappy high IMO. After Ive been smoking dank and then toke some schwag i dont get nearly as high. schwag has more of a body stoning effect, while on the other hand dank will give you more of an intense mental head high. but schwag is good every once in awhile when you want to smoke alot and not get as blown.

dank. if i want a different high or to be able to roll blunts and joins without worrying about wasting, i buy mids, not swhagg.

If I still smoked...schwag, all the way, I'm not a pot snob. I get just as high on shwag anywho, and when I could choose between 50$ for 1/8 and 80$ for 1 oz. of decent enough stuff to make me happy there really is no question.

I mean, I just can't handle the cost, I always felt like I was lighting ten dollar bills on fire when smoking dank. I couldn't justify it to myself, it just isn't all that hugely different.

Shwag always gives me more of a trippy, paranoid high, its usually a bit uncomfertable (although i've only smoked it on a few occasions vs. practically everyday with dank). Good weed gives me more of a happy body high.

I dont care about potency.. Actually, I prefer to at least be able to smoke a whole J and not getting knocked down... Some weed today is like crack, you hit the pipe, and are fucked from the exhale.. Its good to smoke, if its cheap or in large groups...(I split a bowl with 8 people and we all got fucked... that is good weed!)

Define shwag... I know shwag as the shittiest weed.. Hard and over dry.. brown.. tastes like shit and wont get you any higher than a light one.. This weed is worthless.

I dont just take potency into consideration. I'd rather have midpotency weed that was seedless, fluffy/well groomed, and cured than high potency shit that is super hard/dense with seeds.. The latter is rough, doesnt taste good, and leads to a harsh high, IMO.. Some weed that smells and tastes great, has ubersmooth smoke sets me up for a great high...

Not to mention when it has a middle potency, you still get high, but you guage how high.. Super strong shit hits too hard and just knocks me out.. If I wanted that id have loaded on xanax. Too many people are concerned with the strength of the high, and not the quality..

So midgrade for me.

Im not sure if I should send this to Drug Culture.. So I'll just leave it here.

BTW, THC is THC is THC... Sure their are plenty of other alkaloids that contribute to the weed effect, but if anything, "dank" green is gonna have more CBD's than shitty weed, giving a stronger body load and more mental clutter..

Its the mindset you have going into the high, and I think a quality smoke contributes to a more positive high.

Seems to be a U.S. thing - this "schwag vs. dank" thing I mean...

In my experience (Europe mostly)- sometimes you get good weed and sometimes you get not so great weed - and the prices vary as well. No one really classifies weed as "dank" or "schwag" it is just "pretty good" or "not so good" or "excellent" :)

I have had absolutely awful weed once or twice, though. It was some kind of dried out pressed weed that was fucking full of seeds and smelled like a wet horse on a hot day. Gave me a headache mostly - barely any thc in there - I'd say it was close to being definable as "industrial hemp".

--- G.

I think the terms "shwag" and "dank" are getting phased out due to rapid and vast improvements in the strength and quality of herb.

In the northeast US, "BC Bud" has entirely replaced Mexican brickweed to the point that we would consider these "beasters" to be equivilant to the Mexican "shwag" from a few years ago. But of course, BC Buds can be pretty damn good, depending on the grower.

In describing herb, we use the following terms (which can be used in combonation or alone, depending on how much you know about it... of course its best to know exactly what strain you're smoking!)

"headies" ---> these nugs better look like something you see in High Times!
"good homegrown" ---> you can expect a distinct high and a very nice curing job
"hydro" ---> usually tight nuggets, they won't stink up a room but they're lacking in flavor
"indoors" ---> more often than not an Indica bud
"outdoors" ---> more often than not a Sativa strain
"good beasters" ---> grown in bulk and shipped down from Canada, but its still a damn good smoke!
"decent beasters" ---> the equivilant of "midgrade" I guess
"just beasters" ---> hey, at least its not mexican shwag

And of course I like to smoke headies =) but I'll take what I can get...

unfortunately from my conversations with a few Bluelighters and other friends (especially in southern states), many of you have never even seen weed as good as what we'd call "good beasters", let alone some of the rediculous heady nugs we're blessed with up here =) (sorry I'm not trying to brag, jus' sayin')

Ah, the infamous BC bud. I've only read about it, usually with rave reviews. Is there a lot of variation with bcbud? Is there already a thread that covers that?

btw - dank!

Well around here we don't get anything like the pot everyone talks about on forums, except on occasion. Basically everyone sells bags (1/8) for $25. You guys might consider it schwags, and I can't believe some ppl on forums are like "I haven't seen weed with seeds in over a year, it's worthless, all dank here"... but whatever... It really isn't schwags. We normally call it mersh (commerical). I've seen some leafy and schwaggy as fuck shit before, but most of the bags I get are at least decent, maybe even mids for you guys, but still usually have some seeds and shit, but I normally get good nugs and all. When it is fairly good green bud going around, like now kinda cause of harvest and all, they are usualy $30. The very RARE occasion I find dank it has always been $50. I doubt it is as good as some of the shit you guys get still, but some good as fuck stuff that I wish I could always get and afford. :)

As long as it is green and stinky its A OK for me...

I always like to have a stash of nuggets for the occasion that I feel like getting properly stoned. Schwag does the trick also, mexi weed is the only pot I roll-up in joints. I usually leave the schwag for a back-up if no goodies are to be had.

Smoke the shwag if your gonna smoke alot that way it wont burn the hole in your wallet. But if your gonna smoke off and on i would say go for the better shizzle.

this thread seems kinda odd to me...
like you're asking if people prefer good weed vs bad weed

i would choose the dank any day over the schwagg. and even if it costs more, if it's actual good hydro you will need less to feel high than with schwagg.

once in a while i get outdoor weed with maybe even a few seeds, which COULD be considered schwagg, that is really dry and good for blunts, and the high is still real smooth and chilling. still though, it can't compare to good hydro...

if i actually want to get high dank. however there's numerous times where i just want a very slight buzz but still be able to chill for a while and smoke. for instance, if i'm piss ass wasted and instead of smoking cigarettes i smoke a joint of shwag that won't make me high or dizzy, but still tastes better than cigs

I only smoke dank. Beaster sucks badly. Might as well pay the extra little money and be proud of what you smoke and carry around. I went to amsterdam and they got it down, no beaster. Just dank strains. Beaster makes me feel crummy after i smoke it

Morrison's Lament said:
Seems to be a U.S. thing - this "schwag vs. dank" thing I mean...

In my experience (Europe mostly)- sometimes you get good weed and sometimes you get not so great weed - and the prices vary as well. No one really classifies weed as "dank" or "schwag" it is just "pretty good" or "not so good" or "excellent" :)

I have had absolutely awful weed once or twice, though. It was some kind of dried out pressed weed that was fucking full of seeds and smelled like a wet horse on a hot day. Gave me a headache mostly - barely any thc in there - I'd say it was close to being definable as "industrial hemp".

--- G.

In the UK we have weed vs. skunk, with weed being dark green & full of stalks/seeds and skunk being lighter, hairier, more crystally and devoid of seeds. It's all a bit vague and can be misleading at times, really....

of course the answer is gonna be a good ol nugg over some schwag but I've also seen like around here where I live stuff get sold as dank considered schwag in a southern state where my cousin lives. personally though I take what I can get, as long as it gets me high I usually don't care about anything else