• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Shwag vs. dank

Headies, beasters..? I don't know what all this talk is about, or how there's so many different terms going around, but where I'm from we have three basic types of bud: schwag, mid-grade, and kindbud. Schwag is a brick weed, it will usually contain lots of seeds and stems, and is the cheapest. It can smell decent, but usually it's got that stale scent to it. Midgrade looks much better than the schwag brick weed, although it's usually not light and fluffy. It still looks like it was at sometime a plant, as opposed to schwag which just looks like it's dead, smushed, dried lawn clippings. It will usually contain some (less) seeds and stems as well. Kindbud is the better of the three; it is usually either light and fluffy, or dank and dense, and usually has no seeds. If there are stems, they are attached to the 'nuggets', whereas with schwag they just look like they're a part of the whole mess. Kindbud has a fresh look to it, along with a pungent smell which can stink up an entire room immediately, and can usually get quite sticky. This is the kind of bud that you will usually find crystals or long hairs on, though the others can have them as well.

Please notice how many times I said usually, because sometimes it is not this way. I've smoked good schwag before, I've had some bad kindbud before, but where I'm from it's sold more on appearence than quality; i.e. someone would rather buy some nice looking nugs than a piece of brick, and that's what prices reflect upon. A major difference between the types of bud as well, is taste. Schwag is usually very harsh and makes my throat hurt almost immediately. Midgrade will have a better taste, although it is still somewhat harsh, and kindbud is the smoothest of the three. The kind of kindbud that I get usually makes me cough right away, however it's not because it's harsh, it literally tickles the back of my throat and the sensation won't go away for several minutes and gets worse after every hit. If this happens, you know you've got some good bud, no need to smoke a bunch of it, a bowl or two will be plenty for about 3-4 hrs. With midgrade, I'll roll a blunt about the size of a pen to get a decent high, although it usually doesn't last as long. With schwag, I usually need a blunt about as thick as a tube of chapstick to get high for maybe 2 hours. The thing with schwag is, I usually cannot actually smoke an entire blunt by myself without gagging or coughing up a lung, and I usually end up with a headache after it's all said and done. Shwag and midgrade do not go in my bowl. Period.

I am definately a weed snob, and a weed connoisseur of sorts, and therefor do not smoke schwag anymore. The quality of the high just isn't there. Sure it gets the job done, but think about it this way - if weed were a car, you'd have your Hundai (schwag), Pontiac (midgrade), and BMW (kindbud). Sure any of them can get you from point A to point B, but the quality of the ride is just far superior in the Bimmer. :) I'll smoke midgrade if I can't get anything else, but that hasn't happened in years. It's usually just nice yummy hydro for me. There's nothing quite like seeing a nug with its crystals shimmering, just waiting to be toked.=D

Last edited:
HelloHiHey said:
Shwag imo is usually seeded which automatically means it is way less potent than sensamilla(unseeded female buds),

No.

Some of the most potent pot I ever smoked had seeds in it; seeds are not an automatic sign of low potency. And isn't Sensi just any cross between Indica & Sativa (not an unseeded bud)?

Sensimillia means loosely "without seeds" in Spanish, iirc. Generally speaking the top of the top of best buds have no seeds - but it is still definitely possible to grow great weed that has a few seeds here and there.

--- G.

Morrison's Lament, it's very close however in spanish "without seeds" would be spelled sin semillas.

AlmostFamous said:

We use the slang words shwag for stativa, and dro for indica.

For Dro (Indica)
BC - Has a dro/shwag type high. Usually its low quality dro and the lowest costing dro. Most likely, dro seeds grown in the soil and not hydroponically, or shwag seeds grown hydroponically.

your post is full of shit on so many levels...god damn

calling schwag "stativa" and hydro indica? what the hell? that is TOTALLY wrong and the most retarded shit i've ever read in my entire life.

and hydro seeds grown in the soil? there is no such thing as a hydro seed... hydro is the lighting method used, it isn't something involving the strain of the seed.

people in this post are missing the point...
schwag is low quality pot. "dank" is high quality pot. schwag can definitely get you buzzed but it can't get you high to the degree that "dank" can.

i can appreciate how sometimes you'd prefer less intense & less expensive drugs, but really, when it comes down to potency and quality, how any long-time pot smoker can prefer the low quality weed blows my mind...it's funny as hell reading so many people trying to justify their preference of schwag without admitting that when it comes down to it, it's just an inferior quality herb to good hydro...

J2012B said:
No.

Some of the most potent pot I ever smoked had seeds in it; seeds are not an automatic sign of low potency. And isn't Sensi just any cross between Indica & Sativa (not an unseeded bud)?
8(
Ok, having seeds in it doesnt neccesarily make it way less potent but it does make it less potent. It depends on a lot of things, but the basic idea is the fertalized plant uses resources to create seeds when those resources could go to producing thc. Get it?
No, sensamilla is not a cross between Indica and Sativa
Expatriot, all marijuana is from the same species. Indica and sativa are just two extremes on the phenotype spectrum. So with enough breeding, you could make sativa weed from indica. Ive even read that you could start with industrial hemp which produces almost no thc and breed it until you have drug grade marijuana.
Im going to have to disagree in a way with Morrisons Lament's statement that overgrow has a lot of disinformation, because after being on this board I can see there is a lot more inaccuracies per capita here. A lot of these inaccurate or just false statements wouldnt appear on overgrow because there are so many people who know what theyre talking about that most people dont just volunteer bunk info at the risk of sounding stupid. No disrespect intended here, im just trying to help. Peace. :)

sh0ck3r said:
... hydro is the lighting method used, it isn't something involving the strain of the seed.

Sorry to be so anal, but i just wanted to say that hydroponics is a method of growing where the plants roots sit in a nutrient solution. There are two main types: Ebb&flow and Bubbler or deep water culture(DWC) Ebb&flow use an inert media like sand or rockwool which is flooded with a nutrient enriched water periodically. DWC uses an aquarium style bubbler to create an oxygen rich nutrient solution for the roots to be suspended in. Im of the opinion that hydroponics is more efficient and yeilds more faster, but the downsides are higher startup cost and its easier to kill your plants if you dont know what youre doing.
I hope this cleared up any misconceptions. :)

well yeah, in hydroponics the plants get pumped up cuz the roots absorb nutrients, but it's still largely affected by the hydro lights used which are that much stronger

I was actually wondering this same thing myself so I picked up some of each (1/8 of stuff that looks like I just picked it out of the snow, and a 1/4 nug that is probably slightly less quality than mids). The dank really does give you a 'cleaner' high since you smoked less of it, and you seem to notice parts of it more. Also, every time I smok dank I get the 'whoa I'm high' surprise feeling, whereas I almost never got that on the schwagg, just extreme sedation and red eyes. I tried smoking as much of the shwag as I could (each during different sessions) and I couldn't get the same nice effects. Combined though, they are a great and sensible force to be reckoned with.

dank > schwag
price of schwag >> price of dank
if we are talking about real schwag, then no...don't ever buy it...

Last edited:
I thought Hydroponics grows used HPS for flowering and Metal Halide for vegitation just like Organic grows?

--- G.

Morrison's Lament said:
I thought Hydroponics grows used HPS for flowering and Metal Halide for vegitation just like Organic grows?

--- G.

Hydroponics only refers to the medium it was grown in. on overgrow i've seen people dying hydro grows with fluoros, the sun, mh, hps and LEDs! it is common though to use mh for veggin and hps for flowering just because of the spectrums used.

this thread is degrading into slang wars and going off topic left and right so i'm going to close it. There is now a Mega Slang thread and also a Cannabis Grading Scale thread. If anyone thinks this should be reopened please PM me.

Schwag VS. Kindbud

I've been smoking for just under six months and have until a month ago only smoked schwag. Once i started smoking KB, that has been all i have smoked. The other day My friends brought out some schwag and reluctantly i joined in on the circle. It made me sick. I had a headache for several hours. I know that kb is better than schwag but should schwag make me sick? Anyone else have this problem?8)

i'm going to reopen this since there seems to be interest in this topic again

oh Badco: yeah shwag bud can make you feel crappy if you arent used to smoking it. the cannabinoids are a lot more degraded than in good green fresh buds

bluedolphin said:
unfortunately from my conversations with a few Bluelighters and other friends (especially in southern states), many of you have never even seen weed as good as what we'd call "good beasters", let alone some of the rediculous heady nugs we're blessed with up here =) (sorry I'm not trying to brag, jus' sayin')

I live in the Middle Atlantic, near NYC....I used to smoke a lot of Boston stuff with a kid from South Carolina, and it was good solid stuff (not as good as NYC stuff, but then again, what is?) every time, and he'd still smoked better stuff back home. And my bro in Texas? He says what "mexican brick" is down there is just cured, still greenish stuff...similiar to weaker dro up here in taste, and solid dank/haze from my area. And its sold VERY cheap.

datsright said:
shwag w/ dizzle???? wtf i would rather just take a bong hit of some good stuff and roll a blunt with the shwag. why ruin the good taste of dank with some shwag...stupid idea shimmerfade....if you smoke resin on the other hand then its much better to mix with a little green cuz it will taste better and burn better ...but shwag and dank dont get mixed together in my house..

No salads? I love salads.

id rather smoke dank...shwag is juss really hurting...i have to smoke alot to get high

Where i live, we dont actually use strain names much. This is good shit by word of mouth and that is bad shit by word of mouth. Either way, it still costs the same amount for a bag. Ive never encountered any weed i'd consider bad as of yet.