utopia 2 (thanks giving eve - November 26) NYC - by illusion productions!!!!

dj prime nyc

Bluelighter
Illusion Productions presents.....

utopia-2-flyer.jpg

UTOPIA 2

Thanksgiving Eve
Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Because of the overwhelming response and support we received from our first Utopia, we decided to make it an annual tradition of Illusion Productions; to host a series of these shows. Be prepared for a large four room venue with a rooftop patio and ten projection screens, along with the nationally acclaimed Phazon sound system. Come join us on this special night and celebrate the rejuvenation of our scene.

GEORGE ACOSTA
(Unknown World Management, Miami)

Trance. Whether you like your trance melodic and uplifting, or hard and fast, trance by any definition is here to stay. From the warehouse parties of the late 80's to car commericials in 2001, trance has become part of the new millennium, part of our lifestyle. All because of artists like George Acosta. Every time George puts a needle on a record, he proves that 'trance', whatever the label, has changed, evolved, become a lifestyle, a culture as well it should. With over 15 years of experience as a DJ & Producer, he has helped change and evolve trance from an underground movement to massive festival experiences throughout the world. George Acosta is America's most unique DJ and has been a major force in shaping the sound of trance worldwild. We proudly bring this legend to share Thanksgiving Eve with us, in the heart of Manhattan, for an exclusive three hour performance.

Nostrum
(Time Unlimited, Germany)

Nostrum began his production career with smooth ambient and break-beat, until developing his own individual style. His music is now classified as melodic hard trance. Don't miss this rare opportunity to catch a master at work! You will not be disappointed.

Micro
(Caffeine, NY)

With over thirteen years behind the turntables, Micro's ability to whip dance floors into a frenzy and superb sense of groove made him a dance music sensation. There is no easy way to sum up a dancemusic phenomenon such as New York's DJ Micro. Be prepared for a two hour set as this acclaimed DJ, producer and label founder once described URB as the "techno maestro" never fails to conjure an ecstatic night of pumping progressive sounds on the dance floor.

D:Fuse
(People 2 System Recordings, Toronto)

With an on-going DJ residency at the legendary Release in San Francisco, a busy touring schedule in the US, as well as headlining sports in the UK, D:FUSE is a legendary progressive dance music producer.

Skylab2000
(Los Angeles)

Acid breaks, funy beats and hard driving trance has gained him an international recognition as one of the best live acts in the history of electronic music. Be prepared for the ultimate LIVE PA experience.

Dieselboy with MC J Messinian
(Planet of the Drums, Philadelphia)

Dieselboy, dubbed one of "America's finest" drum and bass artists, has become the most popular jungle DJ in America. Be prepared as this talent will be performing for a mega three hour set!

AK1200
(Planet Of The Drums, Orlando)

America's original jungle pioneer has been pushing the sound since the music's initial incarnation as hardcore breakbeat.

Freaky Flow with MC Flipside
(Moonshine, Toronto)

We are proud to bring these two drum and bass icons from Canada for this special evening.

X-Dream
(Topaz Records, NYC)

With over seveteen years behind the turntables, X-Dream is regarded as one of the East Coast's finest Trance DJs.

Johnny Fame
(Illusion Productions, NYC)

Fame has established himself as one of NYC's most in demand house DJ/Producers.

Also featuring the Illusion Production artists....
PRIME
prime has been on a never ending mission to educate the masses with his fresh hard funky uk hard house sound, with perfect cuts and amazing tricks prime has prooved himself time and time again to be a great addition to any party.
QUEST
quests burning passion for techno and deep trance has set him apart from other djs. his focus and determination are unparaled and hes sure to set our dance floor on fire once more. watch out for this quickly rising star

ECHOSTAR
the illusions techno wizard returns once more to the wheels of steel to warm up the crowd with his dirty techno funk .

And our local favorites....
DECIBEL FLEKX
EXODUS
CRAIG HARRIS
HAVOK
JOE JACK
SOMA
NRGIZER
DEFINITION
GOODFELLA
WIT?
HEATHCLIFF
MISSINTERPRETED
MASSACRE
IAN DOLLARS$$
DJ CER
CANNADA
CANDY KID
RICHIE NEALE
GALVATRON
SOUL ASSASSIN
SUPERTERRIFIC
J-SINZ
KURT J
K-WEST

For additional information:
E-Mail: [email protected]
Infoline: 212-946-5857

Event at:
Club Shelter
20 W 39th Street
New York, NY

Ages/Price:
16+ to enter, 21+ to drink
Must have valid photo ID to enter
$37 in advance at ticket outlets & www.spinfoil.com
You can avoid ticket surcharges and e-mail us directly
to use paypal or credit cards.

More details to follow......we are looking for artists to decorate!

[edited - Please read the GUIDELINES for the forum before posting. "-- All thread topics should follow the format of including the *name*, *date*, and *location* (at least the city and venue also if possible) of the event. NO exceptions!" I edited your topic to include that. You also need to include the time, which neither your post, website, or spinfoil page have. Thanks.

Last edited:
hmmm how did I miss this?? I mean it is a NY party and NY parties are my favorites. :) However its far away from happening, but I'm definitely going to consider it.

niiiiiiiiiice lineup. as long as i'm in ny that night, i'll seriously consider going to this.

funny, i was just saying the other night that i've always missed george acosta spinning.
alright, well, we'll see what the deal is with the money and all that by the time tickets go on sale.
this sounds kinda hot guys...anyone else considering? (you know yall are really the majority of the reason that i try and come out. )

-jen

WHOOOO looky at that line up
I will be in town and I will be attending this party. Jen you HAVE TO COME. Now it's a priority since i'll be there ;)

I will definitely be there. And will likely cream myself during a select set or two.

Hmm...nice ass, Eddie.;)

from the guidelines
-- Personal Attacks... there's no place for them. Period. If you have an issue with a moderator of this forum, contact them privately, NOT through posting here. These types of posts WILL BE edited/deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
jen's there? eddie's there? erik's there? i'm so there!!!

hey erik, get your eyes off that ass!;)

hmmm

Decent lineup, I have Thanksgiving and the day after that off of work already anyway, haven't been to NYC in a loooooooooong time...I'm thinking about it. In fact, the last time I saw George Acosta spin was also the last time I partied in NYC.

That is, if I can find someone to go with =D (and provided that someone isn't a SPAZ with directions like I am)

I just might be there too. I mean the lineup is SOO very nice in all areas. And I even recognize and know some of the local favorites. Its definitely an exciting switch-up from the typical NY djs at parties I've been checking out.
Oh boy the lineup is so teasing/tempting me to come out there that I'll proberly be there to check-it-out ;)

$37 though :\ , we'll see

hey

hey i know price is a little cheeky

but this is what our ticket can cost at the least with out us loosing out

buuuuuuuut

if u email me u can buy ur tickets through pay pal and save on those horrid ticket service charge things!

i mean i think thats cool no??

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

and ur name and how many tickets u want and i will reply

also
put in the subject! :::regarding tickets!

coool?

I love the line up but I HATE Shelter. Why Shelter? That place gets crowded so quickly and has really poor ventilation. *sigh* I'll still probably be there...

haha, when someone told me about this party it drew a complete blank in my head. now i come to find that i've posted about it. freaky shit.
this sounds rad people. eddie, you're on dude, i didn't know you were coming over this way! so yes, i will definatly be there.
i cant wait already!!! halloween begins my countdown.

-jen

Doozer said:
I love the line up but I HATE Shelter. Why Shelter? That place gets crowded so quickly and has really poor ventilation. *sigh* I'll still probably be there...

damn!! you really just got me thinkin girl... this venue does really suck!! there isnt even a main room.... just little rooms on top of each other... well, like she said, yeah i will probably be there

oh and jen... if i am there you better f*ckin be there!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the first Utopia venue across the street from the Key? I hope I'm not mixing up parties, but last year the floor of the main room was so shakey I thought the dancers were going to bring it crashing down on top of the floor underneath them. At least this is avoidable at Shelter...mildly better construction.

Ah well...can't wait to go with you Brooklyn!!

oh and jen... if i am there you better f*ckin be there!!

you got that backwards hon, if i'm IM there i expect you to be also. wouldn't be right any other way.

Yea, the shelter venue pretty much sucked from what i remember of it. but i also remember having an awesome time with my peoples, and smokin a couple of fatties on the roof. i'm down for a repeat performance, that is if the roof dosn't collapse before we get up there. ;)

-jen

^^^WELL...Jen...you just don't have a choice....because I had a good time at Starscape (the whole damn trip) and we are going to need a reunion. You are coming! :p

~Amy~

the whole damn trip huh? haha! too funny. (i miss yall's too)

i will be there.

-jen