utopia 2 (thanks giving eve - November 26) NYC - by illusion productions!!!!

awesome lineup, this seems like a definite happening for me and my crew, especially dieselboy being there... i have to represent philly w00t... and i missed micro last time he was down here (at vibrance 2.0) and i so miss him from the old space days so i think we are attending this one.

much <3

Re: hey

dj prime nyc said:
hey i know price is a little cheeky

but this is what our ticket can cost at the least with out us loosing out

buuuuuuuut

if u email me u can buy ur tickets through pay pal and save on those horrid ticket service charge things!

i mean i think thats cool no??

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

and ur name and how many tickets u want and i will reply

also
put in the subject! :::regarding tickets!

coool?

very cool of you to offer like that...

This party definitely has a sick lineup, but I have to agree about not being fond of Shelter... I've had good times at parties there, but only if I ignore where I am and just try to have fun, regardless. I would much prefer another venue, but hey, what are you going to do. Props for constructing this line-up for a party anywhere. See ya'll there.

-Alex

HOW BIG

aight, I need someone to give me some good-ass description of this venue. The Shelter is one of the very fewest venues I've never partied in since I'm in NY all the time.
ANyway, I need details upon details and more details about the size & space. Is this place a sweatbox, is it fallen apart, how many bars, how many dancefloors/areas, and how big are the dancefloors, etc., etc.. Give me the works!! And also try to compare this venue with another venue, that way I can also get a picture in my mind as well. Like is it somewhat like the Roseland, Amazura, or the Key, setup

anyway THANKS so much because I'm REALLY down for the lineup and I really want to go, but I've have madd questions about the venue. I don't want to be cramped while trying to get my party-on

shelter

shelter is a four room venue in midtown manhattan

its 5 floors

a basement

a ground floor

a bar/lounge/coatcheck area

a main shelter dance floor

and a roof for smoking the cancer sticks

the bassment..... and the main floor are about the same size
the bass ment is dark and dank and has a more than decent light set up
and a stage
is about the size off the small rink at the key and just inside area of the small rink
not the surrounding areas of the rink it has a bar off to the side and two separate bathrooms
the bassment is fitted with a quater of the super loud super clear phazon sound system from twilo and it does the room mad justice

the ground floor is the same size as the bassment and the main floor but is cut up into little lounge spaces thiers one to therear and one to the immediate left when u walk in thier is also a small bar to the right and rear left thier is a stage in this room so the dance floor is a bits smaller thier is a male bathroom on this floor this floor has another quarter of the phazon and parts of the old shelter main floor system

the coatcheck/lounge/21 and over alkie room...
is the smallest room in the joint its about the size of amazuras top floor expecpt a bit more square and has a bar that will be serving alch. this room we will be brining in our own 16 thousand watt sound system that was used downstairs at the matrix so u can feel the bass in ur teeth when ur getting ur drink on
outside of this room is coat check and a unisex bathroom which a security gaurd is always in

the main floor the power house and the shelter floor

has the largest dance floor area of all the floors and has a womens bathroom and a small moovable water station in the rear off the floor
this has the biggest baddest system in the whole venue half off the original mighty phazon system from twilo and this shit kicks it has wooden dance floors and has a large coolant system in place to keep that shit cool and under control this floor also has the best lighting ig in the whole venue boasting over 70 lights all controlled manually from the dj booth we will also be adding visiual screens for visual meltdown

i tried to be as fair an honest with the sizes and so on so forth as possible if any one has any objections feel free to state ur oppinions

oh oh oh!!

thiers a roof for smoking with high walls so no one can fall off or nuffin its pretty cool

so there u go

yea the setup of shelter is pretty much..
sweatbox over
sweatbox over
sweatbox over....

you get the point. the roof is pretty cool though.

hey sugafist. i've never met you before. you're probably like, "who is this bitch?" but you've seemed to have met alls of my peoples and i feel a little left out. i'm a lot cooler than brooklyn, i'll can say that much. ;) but you'll have to see for yourself. ;)

-jen

i had a good time in the basement the only time i was there, but they were playing oldskool so there was not many people down there. the main room was indeed an overcrowded sweatbox. its a shame that there are so many floors but all the main djs are put on the main floor. although it is understandable since there is a better sound system in there.

thanks ALL for the scoop on the venue. I'm still going to be there though, "no doubt", like br00klyn says. ;) But regardless, I was already sold on going based on the dj lineup. I know I DEFINITELY won't be bored dancing/partyin this night. And I'll be bringing a virgin to her first NY party AND on her b-day too so it should be exciting.
Originally posted by Ctrl X:
hey sugafist. i've never met you before. you're probably like, "who is this bitch?" but you've seemed to have met alls of my peoples and i feel a little left out. i'm a lot cooler than brooklyn, i'll can say that much. ;) but you'll have to see for yourself. ;)
whats up girlie, Ctrl X, sorry for not meeting you, Where you at the Last Boo?? Anyways blame br00klyn its all her fault, right, she introduced me to everybody else ;) hahaha jokin, but yeah if you're at this event then its on us meeting/partying/hanging out FOR SURE. And since you already know br00klyn then you'll already know me because me & her both have the same addiction to dancing & partying hardcore til the end. But I'll be seeing you for myself soon ;)

Ctrl X said:
you got that backwards hon, if i'm IM there i expect you to be also. wouldn't be right any other way.

-jen

no jen I think i had it right the first time. ;)

DAMN why is my name being tossed around... thats not cooll.... listen jen dont talk shit cuz you know who is the cooler one out of both of us!! hehe!!! but you caught up a little when you showed up for my bday!! (surprize surprize) you and sugafist will meet and might have already b4... who knows yall been partyin for years!!!!!!! yayaya i am getting excited!! i will probably talk to both of you tomorrow... peace
br00klyn

oh boy....shelter...well it couldnt be as "rave-sludgy" as the lunatarium got on halloween....im STILL trying to get that grey stuff/goo off of my new shoes!!!!

only party ive been to at shelter was tsunami infected mushroom over a year ago....and jen's got the sweatbox thing right...at least there's a roof!

but honestly, that lineup is insane...i know erik's flipping out over seeing d:fuse and im pretty excited about almost the entire lineup. so to ym kids, you know we always make the best and dance our asses off.

sidenote-im having bluelight issues....im permanently signed on under my name on the computer at work, and erik is permanently signed on under gmni13 on my computer. and im a retard so im having difficulty changing this.
i guess the pot is taking its toll after all.
goodbye lovely people, better be seeing some of you before utopia (this means you brooklyn!!!!! call me darling we miss you!)

BA! fifteen more days. couldn't be more excited. things are looking better and better for this as each day passes. still need to figure out who to whore myself out too though, for the extra cash i'll need.
see, this is what happens when tickets to irresistable events are entirely too expensive.
it's cool though.

-jen

p.s brooklyn, darling, you know i mean no harm. you are the ultimate.

greg in cognito a la gmni13 again.

hello jen! im so oblivious i didnt even see you sneak up on me. but there you are.

and bklyn called! shes such a good girl, always does her homework.

jen, you better be there! halloween just wasnt the same without you! the circle must be complete ;) esp that left-side crew bit.

and amy, you thought you were too cool for the left side....but now you know you need us ;)

peace....its almost partytime!

^^^ok...i admit it...ive been sucked into the cult of the left-side. couldn't help myself. damn.

This looks like a pretty nice lineup, I really like the flyer for this it looks like a flyer from a party in 98, in Cincinnati called Sensual. Thanksgiving and Christmas are always the best seasons for phat parties.

^^^ that's what i'm saying ! not cincinatti per say, but it looks like a line up that used to make my eyes big as saucers back in the day.

um...well...yea. of course it was the line-up, isn't it like that for everybody?:) for me, now, it's all about the music chrissie. if i can be perfectly honest with you.

but anyway, what's up with this? are we the only people going guys or what?

-jen

well jen, if we're the only people going then even better! like at superstition at the lunie last year....NOBODY was at that party, yet we had a freakin great time, probably one of the first nights the crew was together, with more added at later times....

but the lineup makes me want to cream myself!!! lineups jsut dont jump out at me anymore either...most of the time they all seem like 'just another party'....not this one!!! it's gonna be a hot party. i just have to keep on savin until next week! try and get some extra hours in for some extra cash flow.

chrissie, jen is SO innocent. she does not participate in ANYTHING bad. ever. (HA!)
love you jenny;)

BUMP this!!
I'm still waiting patiently for this event, but I am getting very restless. The DJ lineup in both areas is so nice that it's getting me very restless for this party. I CAN'T WAIT!!
holla =D