• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DET Thread

Tried this one at 28mg (I have some tolerance due to recent tests) last night after an allergy test earlier in the day. Nice visuals but nothing too crazy. There was a darker undertone to this one compared to other subs but I was in a great mood and found cannabis really brought out the visuals.

it was a very generic trip but was a great headspace for introspection. Glad I tried it but not sure I would choose it over a combo of 4-ACO-MET and 4-ACO-DMT.

I am am sure it would combo well with 4-ACO-MET and will certainly try this later in the year. Going on a break now to get the tolerance down. Will try This towards the end of the year.

I think that was clear to myself and yepyepdude...hope the news is not being broke to others however. One day all of us will be in the bluelight memorial wall of love and chasing light beams, everything wonders old like a nun drinking demon bad tea.

A combo I've found to work well is 10-12 mgs of 4-aco-det, and 1-1.5 grams of psilocybe mushrooms, produces a moderately intense trip.

i assume you mean p. cubensis? not to split hairs, but i thought it important to point out that there's a world of difference between, say, 1 gram of psilocybe stuntzii and 1g p. semilanceata.

back on track: not having tried these amine alkyl extension homologues of psilocin, they are sounding more and more useful in my mind; the cosmic profundity of the 5ht2a agonists ive tried can often get in the way of an otherwise very usable mindset for me.

thanks for the report!

I recently acquired what was supposed to be 4-ACO-DET from a Canadian vendor but after conducting research it unfortunately is NOT 4-ACO-DET.
Years ago I researched almost an entire gram of this beautiful and gentle chem and have become quite fond of it. 30mgs being my sweet spot for deep introspection, awesome music enhancement and decent visuals.
2 mg of this new chem was taken for an allergy test a week before a 30mg dose. The 30mg dose took almost 1.5 hours to peak and lasted another 4 -5 hours. The peak had no visuals at all. The mind was very clear and focused and music enhancement was mild at best. It felt like a mild euphoric empathogen. Very similar to 5-meo-mipt at 6-8mgs.
Out of the chems they offer I'm very familiar with them all except for 4-HO-EPT, 4-ACO-McPT and 4-ACO-DPT. Ive searched trip reports for days and suspect the chem I have to be 4-ACO-McPT. Taking an unknown RC is scary enough but taking one that is possibly a MAOI, like 4-ACO-McPT is suspected to be, is just really scary.

Why would you take an unknown drug once you determined that it was not 4AcO-DET?

How do you know you dont have it? Reagent test, analytical instrumentation, melting point?

I have not taken it since it has been determined not to be 4-ACO-DET.
I'm positive it isn't the right chemical because I've taken 4-ACO-DET approximately 25 times in the past at doses ranging from 20-40mgs and this is nothing like the previous 2 batches I've had. I also had a trip partner during this experience that took the same dosage and felt the effects to be nothing like 4-ACO-DET.
Now the only way to be positive on what it is is to have GC/MS conducted. Reagents don't provide true confirmation on the exact chemical. I don't know if I want to pay 100$ to have it tested at the moment . I'm going to shelve it until I get some extra money to have it tested.

This thread is odd.

The first half of the thread, majority of posters cite the RC as a quick, easy feeling, visual heavy, almost light hearted psych similar to mushrooms but without the body load and "mind fuck" of the mushies.

The second half of the thread, majority of posters cite the RC as a heavy, mind changing, ego endangering psych similar to DMT.

My question, as someone looking to maybe purchase some, who should i believe?

I'm looking for a drug similar to what was described the first half of the thread. Just a fun little psych to experiment on with some buddies to have a fun little 4 hours. I'm not so much interested in shattering our world views and entering the matrix.

So, is this the RC for me?

(Note: My group is very experienced with low to mid/high doses of Mushrooms (1.75g to 5g) and LSD (1 to 2 tabs of decent to very good) probably over 70 unique trips of the 2.)

Well everyone is a bit different. There is a camp that considers 4-HO-MiPT to be heavy and like mushrooms, and another camp (myself included) who considers it to be very euphoric and almost empathogenic, sociable, and not much like mushrooms at all. In my opinion, 4-HO-MiPT or 4-HO-MET are the lightest and most euphoric 4-sub tryptamines, and the -DETs are more psychological and ego-threatening.

Well everyone is a bit different. There is a camp that considers 4-HO-MiPT to be heavy and like mushrooms, and another camp (myself included) who considers it to be very euphoric and almost empathogenic, sociable, and not much like mushrooms at all. In my opinion, 4-HO-MiPT or 4-HO-MET are the lightest and most euphoric 4-sub tryptamines, and the -DETs are more psychological and ego-threatening.

Huge help, man. Thank you.

I've wondered this, too. I've never explored DET or it's substitutions in large part because there seems to be such extreme variation in reports. It's either extremely effervescent and light, or dark and serious.

xxx-xxx-MiPT reports have a bit of that, too, but that makes more sense to me. I've had many experiences where it felt like electro-cyberpunk euphoria, emotional gushing and turned up to 10. In other occasions (usually higher doses) it is more primal and jungley, but also twisted and weird. I reliably get some twisted experiences towards the tail end of my 4-HO-MiPT experiences which has kept me from exploring it enough to make sense out of the woods dichotomy

Last edited:
I've wondered this, too. I've never explored DET or it's substitutions in large part because there seems to be such extreme variation in reports. It's either extremely effervescent and light, or dark and serious.

MiPT reports have a bit of that, too, but that makes more sense to me. I've had many experiences where it felt like electro-cyberpunk euphoria, emotional gushing and turned up to 10. In other occasions (usually higher doses) it is more primal and jungley, but also twisted and weird. I reliably get some twisted experiences towards the tail end of my 4-HO-MiPT experiences which has kept me from exploring it enough to make sense out of the woods dichotomy

What is your usual dose of MiPT? Do you have a sweet spot dose that tends to keep things on the lighter side or is it just up to chance?

What is your usual dose of MiPT? Do you have a sweet spot dose that tends to keep things on the lighter side or is it just up to chance?
Sorry, I definitely should have been more precise--my bad. I find substituted MiPT reports have a bit of that. My experiences with MiPT analogues can't adequately be generalized, and I imagine the same would hold true of DET and its substitutions. They're all pretty different, apart from the 4-HO and 4-AcO subs, which are more similar for me. I'll answer the rest of this question in the 4-AcO-MiPT thread that you're active in.

Think I'm going to get this, maybe the HO version.

Experiences seem divided, but as some people really seem to like this, I'm just going for it.

Maybe it will combine well with some of my other tryptamines, any good combo's with this one?

I found it less fun than others and somewhat dark and edgy but not in a bad way. It's pretty confronting but that can be good. I've only taken it twice (and it was HO version), but the last time I took it, my friend and I each had I think 30mg. I had an experience that confronted me with my mortality and the theme was very much of decay and death, which wasn't fun, but after the peak I resolved it and started playing music and it ended very nicely. My friend was so high he started feeling this buzzing and laid down and had an alien abduction experience and to this day says it's the hardest he's ever tripped.

Hah, thanks!
I have this compulsive need to keep buying new drugs, probably very recognizable for people here. This seems one of the more obscure and unique compounds that is more widely available.

Haha you're preaching to the choir. I have 40-something psychedelics and I always want to get more. To quote Hunter S. Thompson in Fear and Loathing:

crazy ass dude said:
once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can

My collection is way more serious than his was. =D

My term for people like us is "drug nerd".

Going to be sampling this one soon and I'm really excited about it. Been reading trip reports about it all week long. Planning on taking a 5mg dose of the 4-AcO-DET after the initial allergy test takes place. After learning of some other BLers experiences with the compound don't think I'll take it above 15mgs.

I'm really sensitive to 4 subs and will probably really enjoy this one. It sounds like a pretty potent Tryptamine. Was given this bag for free so if I'm not into its not like I'm losing cash on a order. I have a feeling it will shine. In lower doses and I'll have rewarding collection of experiences.