View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Small & Handy 4-AcO-MALT Thread

Kaleida

Bluelight Crew
Welcome to the Small & Handy 4-AcO-MALT Thread!

2gsfv3a.jpg

4-acetoxy-N-methyl-N-allyltryptamine

This tryptamine has recently become available and will likely soon be seeing some reports surface, so it deserves its own thread. This is an entirely novel psychedelic so I must urge caution to all those out there who intend to or are considering trying it for themselves. Though so far the class of chemicals it comes from appears to produce fewer risky physical effects than many others on average, there is no way to tell how anyone will react to an entirely new molecule until they actually do it and find out. Please, if you do plan to take this chemical, know your sensitivity to these kinds of psychedelics first and start with reasonable doses before working your way up.

That said, in the case that you do take 4-AcO-MALT, please consider adding any important information about your experience to this thread as well, so that others will be more educated about its effects and safety. Due to the popularity of many closely related chemicals to this one and the recent outgrowth of tryptamines it seems likely that many people will be trying this one for themselves if they get the chance, so the more information we have about it really will greatly benefit everyone, especially since we're starting from basically nothing.

------------------------------

Personally, I have used this molecule once so far, at 25 mg orally. This was not enough for a particularly strong effect for me, but it was strong enough that I would imagine that this could a full dose for some people on the more sensitive side of things with tryptamines, so I would urge caution about using this as a guide as well. Again, always know your body and make wise decisions.

Because the trip wasn't very intense I really only had a few significant notes to make about it, but for those interested in hearing them, the trip report can be found here:

(4-AcO-MALT/25 mg) - First Time - Promising Sensory Pleasures

I intend to be taking this one again at 50 mg in a couple weeks and writing another report, so hopefully I will have more to say on it by then, and perhaps someone else will too. :)

Nice, thanks for getting this started Kaleida! And reporting as usual. :)

FYI, I added this link to the PD Index.

No problem. :) My next report is up now too, if anyone wants to check it out! It can be found here:

(4-AcO-MALT/50 mg) - Second Time - Found It

Personally, I would say that I enjoyed this 50 mg dose much more than the 25 mg one, but I'm still unsure of how others might react because the reason for my enjoyment was kind of unique compared to most of my psychedelic experiences. It was great but so far I think I might need to push a bit higher to see the full-blown psychedelic capacities of this one, though I also think it's quite likely that others may already get that from this dose, since I seem less sensitive to these molecules than some, and I wouldn't say I had any shortage of psychedelic effects myself, there just definitely could have been more. But, I'll just say that much for now, the rest is in the report.... Safe travels, everyone. :)

Wow, there's really not much on this at all, despite its availability. 8o

I've taken this one up to 75 mg now and it was pretty nice, I think I'll probably do 100 mg next time.

There's really not anything I can think of to say is wrong with 4-AcO-MALT, but I suppose I could say that it sort of feels like I'm still waiting for it to show me why it's not kind of redundant for me. That's not to say that I'm not optimistic about that happening though, and I think a higher dosage might just do it.

Overall, it superficially reminds me of 4-HO-MPT, but under the surface feels kind of more like mushrooms or 4-AcO-DMT. It also has less of the unique visionary or structured hallucinations of 4-HO-MPT that that also shares with ones like 4-HO-MET for me but it also more overly sensory and intricately geometric like the DMTs, though still in a somewhat more technological rather than organic sort of way. The psychological component at the 75 mg was primarily one of ego loss for me so far, but there was also a little bit more hedonistic dissociation than I normally associate with the natural tryptamines, and again more like 4-HO-MPT.

I don't know how soon I'll take 4-AcO-MALT again but I definitely look forward to it, it's an objectively plenty strong and satisfying psychedelic on its own for many of my purposes though requiring higher dosages than most particularly similar molecules.

It's crazy that so few people have tried this even after it's been on the market for 2 years. I think there are so many other psychedelics available that it's easy for the newer more obscure ones to go unnoticed by most people.

I haven't tried this one but maybe I should. I guess I haven't tried it mainly because MALT was my least favorite of the simple tryptamines, but that doesn't mean the 4 substitution isn't good. EPT is the other simple tryptamine that didn't impress me, but 4-HO-EPT is really unique and interesting and I prefer it over all the other 4 substituted tryptamines besides mushrooms. Also I tried 5-MeO-MALT and that was kinda cool even though I'm not really a fan of the 5-MeOs.

Yeah it amazes me sometimes too, all these tryptamines have been just as available as the more popular ones but some of them seem to have SO few reports. You'd think there would at least be more than a handful. Especially as this one has some positive reports.

It is kind of amazing, but I definitely think you're on to something with the market just being so diluted now, and perhaps also people becoming disillusioned with increasingly meh or iffy analogues in general I would think. I sure snatched it up as soon as I could! But nonetheless, there are so many things to use that it's still taken me this long to really start getting into it.

I'll definitely look forward to what you have to say about it if you do try it! :) I'm curious, what did you not like about MALT? Actually curious about the EPT too, it sounds like the way we feel about both the EPTs are quite distinct though we may agree on about how distinct they are from one another! I've heard so many good things about 5-MeO-MALT too but haven't heard them described much yet. It does sound like a lot of people agree that it's particularly special smoked though which turns me off to it somewhat, again really loving the oral route pretty much invariably right now.

The main thing I disliked about MALT was the nausea that it gave me. But besides that, the psychedelic effects weren't particularly interesting to me, not necessarily bad, but not enough to make up for the nausea. It just wasn't as psychedelic as most other tryptamines. The headspace was kind of a fuzzy stoned state which was ok but not what I look for in a psychedelic and the visuals weren't very good. I might change my opinion if I gave it another chance, but I threw away the rest of my MALT because I was sketched out by it's nasty chemical smell. It smelled like spray paint or something and I didn't feel comfortable putting it into my body. 5-MeO-MALT on the other hand, while similar in appearance to MALT, smells like delicious grape flavored candy.

EPT was just not very enjoyable to me and I didn't get a lot out of it. I went through 100mg of it and it was anxiety-inducing and physically uncomfortable every time. I kind of want to get some again and give it another chance because I really like most of the other simple tryptamines and 4-HO-EPT.

Last edited:
Makes sense, thanks for the follow-up. :) That's actually quite funny, because when I went through a short streak of smoking several different base tryptamines like a year and a half ago or so, MALT and EPT were the only ones that didn't give me nausea that way, haha. Again just goes to show how different we all are.... I'm not a big fan of nausea either, though luckily with most base tryptamines for me it seems to actually be just a purge that occurs at the very beginning and then there's no actual nausea during the experience, but both MiPT and DiPT have been an exception on that for me too so I know it can happen.

I find your opinion of MALT very interesting to consider and can certainly relate to at least some of it.... It is still quite powerful for me in some ways compared to many tryptamines for me at the 50 mg smoked dosage I tried, but still weaker than other base tryptamines at a similar level of intensity. Still, when I smoked something like 20-25 mg of it some time later it was similar in intensity in most ways to what I would expect from the others at that point. I can relate to the headspace you describe too, and that's about what I had on the lower dosage, but on the higher one it was far more significant and allowed me to understand it much better than I think the lower one could have. Honestly, the trip overall, both the headspace and the visuals, kind of reminds me a lot of salvia, just with a bit more euphoria and more mushroom-like and DMT-intensity psychedelic sensory effects mixed in. I stand by this observation no matter what, but I also think it's worth noting that I also feel this way about MPT and have heard others express it about DPT (which I still need to try), and I have seen a scientific graphic supposedly linking DPT to kappa-opioid receptor binding within a not irrelevant range, as well as actually seeing direct studies showing the same for many DALTs including DALT itself, 4-HO-DALT, 4-AcO-DALT, and 5-MeO-DALT, and I actually recall feeling some salvia-like effects from 80 mg of 4-AcO-DALT as well. I'm not saying anything is certain, but it certainly occurs to me that we could be pushing into some hybrid hallucinogenic pharmacologies here... which of course could also be expected to dramatically alter what users get out of each drug individually.

I'm not sure if my MALT smells that bad yet and I'm not really itching to go find out, haha.... All the tryptamines smell pretty shitty to me though. You've got me really intrigued to smell 5-MeO-MALT now though lol.

For the record, really my problem with smoking base tryptamines is that they basically all always feel that way to me, anxiety-inducing and physically uncomfortable, no matter what, but they almost never do when I take them orally, so I'm actually really interested in trying all of them including EPT that way now too. That being said, one of the reasons I actually love EPT so much is because it's the least of all like that for me of all smoked tryptamines, to the point that I was willing to smoke it while lying down in bed one night just to watch the pretty visuals for twenty minutes or so and then drift pleasantly off to sleep. :) Again, how different we all are! I enjoy 4-HO-EPT too but it's always frustratingly mild for me, even when it's ultimately satisfying; it seems to kind of be stuck in the range for me where it's too strong to be comfortably used as a "subtle" psychedelic but not strong enough to be comfortably used as a "strong" psychedelic and I just don't know what do with it. I took it just the other day nonetheless, it's still a quite enjoyable feeling and novel trippy state.

Interesting, I have been reluctant to push the base tryptamines to the point where they might shine because I start to get nausea with that ROA, whereas I don't when vaporized. Of the ones that I tried several ROAs of, I quite liked EPT and MET vaporized, but MiPT I only enjoyed orally.

I've not tried 4-AcO-MALT, but I kind 4-HO-MALT to be rather bland. I could see it appealing to people if they gave it a chance, but it didn't have much in the way of magic or challenge. It's part of the reason I never tried the 2C-x-NBOx class back in the day (before we knew the risks.) I found 4-HO-MALT to be a legitimate psychedelic, but not one that I could find much personal use for.

Have you actually purged on any of them, or just started getting nauseous? It might help to just push it to the point where you can get it over with, you never know.... Personally I honestly never really even questioned pushing them to that point because I figured it was just going to be like oral DMT, which it pretty much has been for me so far. That being said I've also made peace with the psychedelic purging and come to like it (once it's over) as it usually precedes some of my best experiences, no matter what it happens on. How far did you push the MiPT orally? I totally loved it at 50 mg but was surprised to find it very uncomfortable at 75 mg.... I haven't given up on it though.

Also, how far did you push the 4-HO-MALT? Your opinion of it is close to mine on 4-AcO-MALT, that's basically what I mean when I say I'm waiting for it to prove itself to me. Unlike many tryptamines that require unusually high dosages for full effects, it actually does still feel very classically psychedelic and familiar and at least pretty promising so far in that way, but I'm still waiting to see that the increased dosage requirement to get to that point is rewarded by a trip that is actually unique enough to be worth it, or if it's just sort of more of the same we're familiar with even then but less potent. That being said, I've yet to find two other insufficiently distinct powerful or frankly even subtle psychedelics, and I feel like if I push it far enough something at least a little more worthwhile will probably show up....

I actually have a pretty good supply of 4-AcO-MALT, so I'll get to see what it's all about no matter what, and report back when I can after I do. I'll probably try 100 mg some time in the not too distant future.... Two things I will say to its credit so far: even at 75 mg there was no body load except maybe some very brief and slight come up nausea, which is unusually clean for a 4-substituted tryptamine that's still this active taken at this exact dosage for me, and even though I feel I haven't gotten to see the sensory visuals fully developed yet, I am suspicious (not certain, but optimistic) that they could actually turn out to be the most powerful in at least some ways of all the tryptamines of this subclass for me. This still kind of fits with your comparison to the NBOx family admittedly, but I enjoyed what I saw of it so far, and felt it'd probably be a lot more mental and deep than those normally are by the time they completely develop. It was actually really nice to see because lately I've felt like certain aspects of certain tryptamine psychedelic open eye visuals were diminishing in strength for me over time and had recently taken both 4-AcO-MET and 4-HO-MPT and had great trips but was kind of bummed by the lack of total sensory overload, but then that 75 mg of 4-AcO-MALT came in with a vengeance out of nowhere with patterns and distortions the likes of which I had somewhat forgotten existed after staying away from mushrooms and 4-AcO-DMT for so long, which gave them a nostalgic feel too. Makes me want to see them again now as well.... Maybe I'll get back to this one sooner than I think after all. :)

Last edited: