View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy MALT Thread

marsmellow

Bluelight Crew
This chemical has recently become available. But I can't find any info about it, other than an old ADD thread here. Anyone have experience with it?

N-Methyl, N-Allyl Tryptamine

methylallyltryptamine_zps747b303c.jpg

Sounds delicious - MALT, m-m-m....8)
I agree, not much info, but from the molecule structure, it appears to be similar to MPT in action, perhaps a little less active and with some weird body effects, but it's just my speculation.

Apparently 5-MeO-MALT provides quite a nice trip, if I recall correctly from reading about it here. I've been curious about the base MALT.

Yeah and if recall 5 meo malt never caught on, but I heard that vaporizing it was super intense with dmt esque visuals. I would love to hear feedback on vaporizing malt freebase

Any news?
Just have been told I get a small MALT sample.

So would be interested if there's any experience on this?

I basically only found someone on reddit, who tried MALT. But not too much info there.

I cannot really find anything more online.But that's probably because all hits you find is either 4-HO/Aco or 5-MeO

Last edited:
Apparently 5-MeO-MALT is very nice and pretty psychedelic, quite unlike 5-MeO-DALT. Which is no surprise, as -MALT has a methyl and allyl, and -DALT has 2 allyls. I would love to try anything MALT. All the other methyl-combinations have been fantastic. obviously the DMTs, also the METs and MiPTs, I particularly adore the MiPTs. I love 4-HO-MPT also, I have base MPT but haven't tried it yet but I've heard encouraging things from some BL members.

This is still one of my few tryptamines I have left to try.... I intend to get to it pretty soon but not before going through at least a couple other things first, like probably at least one phenethylamine or amphetamine. I am incredibly interested in what it can do, just haven't really had the desire for another of the kind of trip I expect it most to be yet.

There are a couple reports out there like on reddit, but none sound particularly psychedelic. Word to the wise: anyone trying it and disappointed by a lack of visuals, dose higher. In my experience, the base tryptamines pretty consistently have stronger visuals in most ways than their 4-substituted counterparts, and 4-AcO-MALT is definitely visual alike other good tryptamines even if it has less of a focus on these effects. Even without having tried MALT yet, I feel I can say pretty confidently that if you're not getting anything really psychedelic you're dosing too low, which I definitely would say of the doses I've seen in reports so far of like 10-30 mg even just compared to other base tryptamines. But that's all I'll say on that for now....

yessa, if you do try it soon we would absolutely love to hear how it goes. :)

Great report Kaleida, thanks! I Small & Handified this thread, and added the link to the PD Index.

Anyone else get a chance to assay this compound? So far, it sounds very promising. I'd be very interested in if the allyl moiety protects the compound from first pass metabolism and allows for a reasonable oral dose, like MIPT.

That's an interesting idea I actually hadn't considered. I can't promise it'll happen soon as I'm working with multiple new substances right now and want to try going a little deeper with smoked MALT first, but I'll definitely try an oral dose at some point if time goes by and still no one else does. I think this one could potentially actually make for a pretty good oral trip if it is potent enough.

So, uh, I ordered some of this and it just came it... is not a powder.

I only got 100mg, but it looks more like somebody spilled some light maple syrup in a little baggie than it does anything. Basically, it's not a powder. It looks like vape liquid or something.

What happened here?

Edit: Just read the baggie, it's freebase. So I guess this makes sense. Anyways, I don't smoke anything, so this is just a treat for my friends. I'll be sure to update the thread when they end up trying it.

I have some MALT freebase which is very oily crystals, not a full-on oil, but I think freebase tryptamines can become oils easily, I used to read about it happening with DPT freebase a lot back in the day.

I haven't tried this one yet. By the way Anthem, you can take the unsubstituted tryptamines (except for DMT) orally without an MAOI and get a trip, you don't have to smoke them. The only reason DMT requires an MAOI is because it is actually an endogenous neurotransmitter used in minute quantities in the body... the MAO-A enzymes very readily break it down so you have to bypass them or disable them to get effects. But even MET, which is very close in structure, is more resistant to MAO-A and can be taken orally without an MAOI.

Delta:

Anyone heard about an oral trip with MALT yet? We're going to do this probably in either about two weeks or a month and a half depending on how we order our next few upcoming trips. Would love to have a reference but if we're going in blind we probably won't start above 50 mg just to be safe, we can feel that much MPT orally but it isn't very strong yet. Figure this one would probably be similar enough but I am curious if the allyl might protect it from MAO orally as theorized above; I remember feeling like it lasted a pretty long time when smoked for what it is.

Delta:

We're getting really far behind on writing a couple trip reports and it's starting to look like we're not going to get to them today either so I just want to make a quick note of this for now....

We took 50 mg of MALT orally last weekend and it was great. It hit a lot harder than we expected for the amount taken and lasted a surprisingly long time, but we're really suspicious that we may be slow metabolizers or something for the base tryptamines because we get powerful and long-lasting effects from them pretty easily. Others may need more but the effects will probably be similar to what we got when you take enough based our reactions to other base tryptamines.

Within forty minutes hallucinations were starting to form, very realistic and vivid like other especially oral base tryptamines. Visions of eyes opening up one on my forehead and all throughout smokey trails. Floating over a dark mountain range in a stormy sky watching the peaks reach up like stalagmites from the floor. Seeing myself repeated around lounging on spiraling hills like from the Nightmare Before Christmas. Listening to familiar songs and having the visions start turning me into part of the music video. This stuff went on for at least a couple hours at full intensity on its own, and a lot of it was similar to but different from oral MiPT and MPT. Sensory and geometric visuals were a lot like DMT and mushrooms but more colored like MPT is and came and went in waves, but were starting to get pretty strong at the peak like when the whole room starts to look kind of alien whenever you refocus your eyes, at least mild visuals lasted for at least like seven hours.

Around three hours in we smoked some cannabis and had an extreme hallucinogenic reaction, but it was filled with anxiety and of a more dissociative or delusional nature. It was incredibly interesting but I think I actually liked the trip a lot better before we used it, it was plenty strong and satisfying as it was. But we're going through a phase of kind of moving beyond using cannabis the same way we had been before right now and our tolerance was low, which is probably why it was so anxious. We still smoked more through the rest of the day which helped us keep the high around longer most likely.

We felt high for sure for around nine or ten hours, which is similar to MPT for us. After that it was hard to determine if it was that or just that we were tired and smoking cannabis but we definitely still felt not entirely normal half a day after dosing, and sleep deprivation felt like it was bringing back a little bit of the visual aspect still later than that.

Overall, I think MALT seems great so far, but be careful with it; this is our second time being fooled. We assumed that because 4-AcO-MALT has a lot in common superficially with 4-HO-MPT but seems to require at least like twice the dosage or maybe more to be similarly intense for us, MALT might have a somewhat similar relationship with MPT. This led us to smoke 50 mg of MALT after doing 40 mg of MPT thinking it probably wouldn't be too much, and now 50 mg of MALT orally after working up from 50 to 100 mg of MPT orally. Both times we got effects that were far more intense than what we expected, so there does not seem to be any such comparable relationship between MPT and MALT after all. MPT also seems less potent orally than 4-HO-MPT whereas MALT might actually seem more potent than 4-AcO-MALT! At least that's what we're getting so far.

So that's all I'll say for now! We'll get that trip report up sooner or later too. And within the next couple months we'll also be pushing up to 75 mg orally to see how that goes.

Thanks Kaleida. :) Can't wait to read the report... if you posted it already then I'm about to.

"MPT also seems less potent orally than 4-HO-MPT whereas MALT might actually seem more potent than 4-AcO-MALT!"

Wow, that's wild! I wonder how orally potent other people will find it to be