Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy BOH Thread

VaPPiano

Bluelighter
BOH
3,2C4-methylenedioxy-beta-methoxy-phenethylamine
3%2C4-methylenedioxy-beta-methoxy-phenethylamine.png

It is the β-methoxy analog of methylenedioxyphenethylamine (MDPEA) and is also more distantly related to methylone. On account of its similarity to norepinephrine, the effects of BOH may be of a purely adrenergic nature.[1] BOH was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin.[1] In his book PiHKAL, the dosage range is listed as 80–120 mg, and the duration listed as 6–8 hours. Shulgin reports that BOH causes slight warmth, mydriasis, anorexia, mild nausea, and cold feet, with no psychedelic, entactogen, or euphoriant effects.[1] He gives it a ++ on the Shulgin Rating Scale.[1] Very little is known about the pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, effects, and toxicity of BOH.

DOSAGE: 80 - 120mg

DURATION: 6 - 8 h.

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS:

With 90 mg: Distinct body awareness in an hour. The threshold is mostly physical. Faint sense of inside warmth, skin prickling, cold feet, loose bowels, anorexia. By the fifth hour, I was on the downslope, and in retrospect I found it good humored but not insightful.

With 100 mg: There was a vague nausea, and a chilling of the feet. It reached a real plus two, with dilated pupils and quite a thirst. How can one describe the state? There were no visuals, and I was not even stoned. I was just very turned on. And I was completely back to baseline by hour number six.

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY:
There are several reports of a nice, mild mood enhancement in the 20-40 milligram dosage area, but searches for psychedelic effects at higher levels gave a strange mix of some sort of an altered state along with bodily discomfort. The BOH name for this member of the BOX family follows the convention discussed in the BOD recipe--with RHS for homopiperonylamine, the simplest of the muni-metro family, q.v. The demethylated homologue of BOH is BOHH, and is the methylenedioxy analogue of norepinephrine. It might well hydrolytically open up in the body to provide this neurotransmitter, and serve as some sort of transmitter in its own right. It is discussed under DME.

Maybe there is something to the concept that when you imitate a neurotransmitter too closely, you get a hybrid gemisch of activity. The term "pro-drug" is used to identify a compound that may not be intrinsically active, but one which metabolizes in the body to provide an active drug. I feel the term should have been pre-drug, but pro-drug was the word that caught on. BOH may well act in the body as a pro-drug to norepinephrine, but with the temporary blocking of the polar functions with ether groups, it can gain access to the brain. And once there, it can be stripped of these shields and play a direct neurological role. I uncovered a very similar analogy in the tryptamine world some years ago. Just as norepinephrine is a neurotransmitter, so is serotonin. And I found that by putting an O-ether on the indolic phenol (to hide its polarity) and an alpha-methyl group next to the primary amine (to protect it from metabolic deaminase), it became an extremely potent, and most complex, psychedelic. This was the compound alpha,O-dimethylserotonin, or a,O-DMS. There is an uncanny analogy between this tryptamine and the phenethylamine BOH.
Somehow the quiet voice deep inside me says, don't use too much, too quickly. Maybe one of the optical isomers is the body thing, and the other isomer is the mind thing. So far, only the racemic mixture has been tasted, to the best of my knowledge.
I have just have had the chance to sample this drug at 1 time and i was somewhat tired and worn out from a long night.
I took the safe road and after reading in PiKAL I chose to and ingested 48mg in a capsule and after about 45 minutes i started to feel more energetic or rather not so tired more like normal and my mood was somewhat lifted. Didn't really felt anything special then some light mood enhancement and it took away the feeling of tiredness and instead i felt quite normal.. Maybe cross tolerances was in play her i don't exactly know but it lasted around 4-5H then i started to feel tired agen and i fell asleep. When i woke up i felt rested witch i didn't really expected. Didn't have the time to test it in the higher scale and it's almost a decade ago but now it seems like I'm gonna get a new chance to sample this one. Still need to kick a bad habit first but then it's time for test number #2.

Interesting that I felt rested when i woke up! I hade really not expected that!

Interesting that you tried this, and unbelievable someone took the effort to synthesize this lack of a promise :)

Also nuh-uh on the craft-your-own-centralized-threads, leave that shit up to the mods, but in this case most certainly harmless that you didn't.

Interesting that you tried this, and unbelievable someone took the effort to synthesize this lack of a promise :)

Also nuh-uh on the craft-your-own-centralized-threads, leave that shit up to the mods, but in this case most certainly harmless that you didn't.

Ah ok sorry just that this compound is on it's way to be available in Scandinavia and if it goes well most certainly in EU.

Also i think there could be a therapeutical tool or medication application to this compound..

If i manage to kick my Fentanyl addiction or rather just getting throw the WD (Going quite well now and I have just taken Fentanyle's for like 2-3 months) I will be in a study of this for depression / anxiety disorder.

Have a nice day now Solipsis

Thanks for compiling some data in a nice format on the first page... I'll rename this thread. In general Solipsis is right, we like to create the "official" threads on a substance ourselves to keep consistent quality, etc. You did a good job of it though so I'll just go ahead and use it.

Thanks for compiling some data in a nice format on the first page... I'll rename this thread. In general Solipsis is right, we like to create the "official" threads on a substance ourselves to keep consistent quality, etc. You did a good job of it though so I'll just go ahead and use it.

Thank you Xorkoth and your welcome.

Being a stim / empathogen related phenethylamine the mood lift is not that surprising, it's pretty normal for the class. However it doesn't seem like a good idea to use virtually any of them for depression/mood related issues on a medicinal basis, just like MDMA or amphetamines aren't a good idea for that. Correct me if I'm wrong but using monoamine releasers / reuptake inhibitors that way is a thing of previous generations in medicine. Let alone adrenergic agents.

Not saying at all that we can fully predict BOH's therapeutic value, but temporary mood enhancement is not usually a healthy plan even if it can be helpful (functionally) or recreational. I think phenibut is great for mood enhancement I must admit, but's not as likely to be a health issue that way, unless you really use it daily. I'm interested to see results of any study though! I'd just have critical questions regarding it.

BOH seems like a misleading name, the BOX series has a 2,4,5 substitution pattern just like 2C-X compounds have. Following that nomenclature, BOH would be 2,5,β-trimethoxyphenethylamine (likely an adrenergic drug if there ever was one!). So not sure what Shulgin was thinking there..

Nothing personal here to you vappiano, forgive my skepticism it is purely directed at the compound.

Have a nice day yourself! :)

I see your point. Might even agree to some point but since it's not 100% studied and all we have is speculations I'm going with my Chemically Enhanced Vision on this one!

Regarding the name! I have WAY to little chemistry knowledge for that but with layman's eye's locking at the chemical formula it makes seance. :D

I'm no of the horrible A-Fent (Why people take that beyond me!! But now i have tested it and instead of tapering it down further i went CT for about 15H ago.. It's a F*CK**G nightmare.. But compared to Benzo its kind of more physical and not in my head so much! More in the blog post that will follow this...)
And I'm really ger for them to synthesis this compound!! I know it's probably months left but it gives me hope in the darkest of moment's right now!!

Namaste to you all!

Buy the way!
i think 10-20mg in therapeutical dosages and I probably be in the highest dosage..
And then it's like with the KET-Analogs.. Maybe not every day.. And maybe just to get throw lats say STUFF hehe..

Yes you can say it's never a bad idea to study a drug since you don't know until you researched it, but normally to consider researching something you need a speculated promise because you suspect it may have value because of effects people noticed and/or reasons you might have regarding how the drug works, looking at similar chems. I just don't see any valid reasons why this would have any kind of special promise, is what I meant. The mood enhancement etc may seem valid, but as I explained I don't think it actually is.
Clearly not every random chemical is studied, because you could always argue that we don't know until we find out, but it's usually an empty argument.

Ketamine analogues on the other hand would have every reason to get studied, because the promises K itself already shows suggest that some analogue may very well be even better therapeutically.

Fent analogues as RCs has always seemed like an absolutely terrible idea to me. I even regret self-medicating with normal benzos and getting dependency issues... for serious issues supervision with prescriptions from healthcare professionals is much better, or a maintenance program with say bupe for addicts. Lyrica has helped me stay away from other worse anxiolytics for a few years, and I also learned to be very reserved with how many times I use a benzo nowadays even though I have a shitload of etizolam on hand.
In reality a problem is that too many healthcare professionals either underestimate dependency or are so conservative with helping someone with their suffering that it is no suprise that people resort to self-medication.
Still, things like fents seem like a fcking bane..