• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Ketamine Subthread] Intramuscular Injection (IM)

Caleb's_Syde

Bluelighter
I heard the deepest K holes can be reached by inter muscular injection of K. If this is true then could some one experienced preferably a moderator reply on how to go about doing this. Where to you put the syringe? If it is im'ing couldn't I just stick the needle in my ass cheek? I really don't know, so may I have some adivce? thanks......good day.

Same here...K is the only thing right now i'd even consider injecting. Help?

lol....thanks. Also how much should be im'ed for your first time. I have stiffed K many times so this is not my first experinece with this wonderful substance.

Try a couple CC's at a time so that way you don't go into a BIG TIME K-HOLE!!! and be careful, have someone there to watch you (someone sober).
Ok, Ok!! I wasn't thinking, actually I do not know what I was thinking. I promise to pay attention more in the future. ;)
[ 01 August 2002: Message edited by: corruptor97 ]

Well, I had a dream about shooting K once. It was really vivid, and might shed some light. It went like this.
  • You want to choose a meaty, muscled area of the body. Your shoulder, your thigh, or your buttocks are all good. Though it shouldn't make any difference, I perceive the trip to be a bit more intense if I inject into the shoulder. I'm sure that is just psychosomatic however. Anybody else??
  • I'll assume you're using the K straight out of the bottle that it came in, with the rubber seal still attached. If not, DO NOT IM it. You're just asking for a nasty infection if you do.
  • Select your dosage. For me (and my wife agrees as well), IM is about 40% more efficient "feeling" than railing it. So for us, 100mg of railed K is roughly equivalent in intensity to 50-60mg IM. For you first trip - start low, I wouldn't do any more than 50mg the first time, just to get a feel for how it's different.
  • Let's assume you're going to shoot 50mg. Using a clean, unused syringe draw 50-60mg of air into the syringe. Now, put the needle into the bottle and push the air into it. You want to replace the K you withdraw from the bottle with air so that you don't form a vacuum in the bottle. Now, holding the bottle upside down (needle up), slowly draw the plunger back to draw 50 units of K into the syringe. I always draw 55mg out, and then push it back in a bit to about 52mg. This helps to insure no air bubbles in the syringe.
  • Withdraw the syringe from the bottle. Flick the side a time or two to push any air in the syringe to the top. Push the plunger ever so slightly, until you see the K beginning to bead on the end of the needle. This further insures no air bubbles.
  • Using an alcohol swab, cleanse the injection site (we'll assume your shoulder here. You want to choose the meatiest, most heavily muscled portion of your shoulder. For me, this is on the outside, right at the top of my arm, on the outside of the joint.
  • Wait for the alcohol to dry, as this is some of the cause of the "sting" that so many people hate about injections.
  • Now, stick the needle into the site. If you're at all squeamish, do this. With a loose grip, like a dart, hit yourself in the arm with the needle. The needle will sink right in, and the loose grip will help eliminate unnecessary pressure.
  • Press the plunger in slowly. If it feels uncomfortable or stings, you're going too fast. Don't worry about it "hitting you too fast". You have enough time. If it stings, stop pushing for a moment. The sting will go away. I take about 20 seconds to push in 50mg. Do whatever works for you.
  • When you've finished...focus, and pull the needle straight back out of the injection site. If you lightly run your fingers over the injection site, you're going to feel a pretty tight knot in it - especially in the shoulder. Do not worry, as this will go away as the K is absorbed.
  • Quickly, pick up your mess, and dispose of your garbage. Don't leave a needle just lying around.
  • Find a place to sit, or lie down, and relax for awhile. Injected K comes on much differently than railed K.
  • Anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes (I've had it take as long as 10 minutes)....it will begin to set in (usually about 2 minutes for me). At that point, you'll suddenly notice that things are different, and you're "coming up". For me, it's only about 30 seconds to a minute from this point to the peak. Enjoy your ride.
Injected K is much more intense than railed K, and it (for me) is NOT in any way a social, or night out on the town experience. Proceed with caution. Start with low doses and work your way up. You can always inject more, but you can't un-inject too much.
Late,
Mike

Squeeze- I LOVE your signature! NBK is my fav movie!!! :)
My advice is just to snort it. Fuck injecting shit. Scary and too risky of infections and overdoses.
[ 21 June 2002: Message edited by: spacey101 ]

Originally posted by spacey101:
Squeeze- I LOVE your signature! NBK is my fav movie!!! :) My advice is just to snort it. Fuck injecting shit. Scary and too risky of infections and overdoses.
Word about NBK Spacey!!!! One of the greatest movies ever made. Too bad the whole rest of the world missed the point on it. 8)
Anyhoo..I sorta have to disagree with you. IF and I mean *IF* you take the precautions for sterility (new, never used needles, clean work area, alcohol swabs, etc.) I think that IM injection is every bit as safe as railing a line.
But it's all about everyone choosing what's comfortable for them. If you're going to IM it....safety and sterility need to be the number one concern.
Late,
Mike

I plan on doing this one day, i think it would GREATLY improve the experience. The drip from snorting is always really horrible i find.

Some great advice above...additional tips:
*MAKE SURE to RELAX your muscle while you are injecting the soln and inserting the needle...if it hurts like a bitch when you insert the needle you are not relaxed enough!
*After injection, it helps to GENTLY massage the injection site.

Ketamine via injection is almost a different drug when compared to insufflation. It is far more intense, has a quicker onset and is a MUCH more complete experience.
I wouldn't dream of doing it any other way.
SG

You might want to read up on how to locate the correct injection sites, plus what size needle to use beforehand. For example, you can't just stick the needle anywhere in your bum, as you can hit the sciatic nerve if you aim too low. Also, I can't imagine it would be too easy to inject in your own bum. Has anyone done this? The thigh is a good place to inject yourself IM. This page at harm reduction.org has some tips on Im injection safety.

Originally posted by corruptor97:
Try a couple CC's at a time so that way you don't go into a BIG TIME K-HOLE!!! and be careful, have someone there to watch you (someone sober).
lol... a couple of CC's will knock your ass out. 1CC is usually 100mg enough to hole the hardest of K heads.
and in addition to Squeeze's great comments.
Use a 1 cc ultra fine insulin syringe.
It doesnt have to be IM just under the skin works the same, you dont have to go into a muscle.
In some counties you can get syringes OTC from a pharmacy where others require a script, but you can allways get them from vetrenarian supply places (im sure there are some on the net) or insulin/diabetic supply places.

oh yeah, everyone who ever tries it IM rarely ever does it any other way.

is there any safe way to prepare this stuff if it hasn't come in liquid form, ie... powder in a bag...? it's real lumpy chunky stuff... would cooking it in saline work?

no.
If you dont get it in the steril liq dont even think about IM'ing it.
but if you insist, get one of those bacterial filters that fit in a syringe.

Is it ok to use K(either IM, IV, or Rail) after a night of drinking? Should I be worried? I would be sobered up for the most part but alcohol would still be in my body? Is this ok? Thanks.

Originally posted by bomb:

It doesnt have to be IM just under the skin works the same, you dont have to go into a muscle.

I had been wondering about this for a while (not to get off topic, or get bitched at because I didn't search). So, it is possible to do a "skin pop" with Ketamine? I just wanted to double-check this fact.
[ 24 June 2002: Message edited by: antEater ]