Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Redosing

CrAzE1

Bluelighter
LSD redosing?

I haven't used acid in about 5 years now. I used to take between 4 and 5 hits back in the day. My question is if I do one to see the quality and it doesn't quite do the trick, will another hit do anything or am i just waisting it?

Thanks for your reply

In my experience, boosting acid worked just fine when taken a couple hours later. The peak might not be as pronounced, but oh well.

In my experience it depends on when you redose. Like Komodo, at two hours is fine. But if you wait until after the peak you will likely see diminished effects due to tolerance.

it amazes me how much tolerance plays a roll with acid, i did a hit the day after doing the same hit and it wasnt even a quarter the high...

I dosed 4 hits the other night, and when I started peaking I ate 5 more, and it defiinitely boosted the trip.

thoughts on redosing LSD half way into a trip

I know i should UTFSE but i havnt got much time, ive just put one tab of LSD under my tongue and was wondering if redosing later on in the trip would actually make things stronger, or if because the first hit has already started it would be pointless.

The duration will be more or less the same, but it should intensify things a bit. In my experience, taking a second dose about 2 hours in makes the rush much less intense and easier to manage.

^^^ wrong, it will only prolong the trip take both before you come up.

aquabat said:

I agree, take it now if you're even thinking about it :)

yeah, don't know why you'd wait half way either. you'll likely be fully turned on from the first hit an hour (even less) after ingesting it. that's the time decide whether you need supplement.

but really, it's better if you take it all at once.

aquabat said:

This is not true. It may be true if you redose after the peak (I don't have any experience with this), but redosing before the peak will definitely intensify the trip. Sometimes If I want to take a couple of tabs, I will take one then another 30mins to an hour after my first for the reasons inotocracy stated.

ill save the 2nd hit for another day, this 1 hit is already hitting me hard and is feeling great so far, dont think i need a redose

Yea, you're already well into the refractory/tolerance period halfway into your trip and the best a redosing is gonna do unless it is a very high dose is just to leave you feeling out of place, cracked out, and wired for an additional 6 hours after you come down. Not worth it.

One thing I have learned with LSD is to hit it all at once--dose high and then buckle up. Unlike with the initial administration, the effect of "boosters" does not seem to vary linearly with dose, hence it is usually a waste of precious compound. I assume that once the first dose hits, many of the 5-HT2a receptors are acutely desensitized, producing short-term tolerance.

^It is an unfortuante fact that, because I tend to get rather excited when on good drugs and immediately desire more...I have wasted much good acid like that. :( I think boosting within 2-4 hours is okay, but anything later is pointless. I've tried to continue a trip about 12 hours after first dose and all I did was bring about unude stimulation and general sorrow...

Anyway, I'll shut this one dow.\n.

So my plan is, in a couple of weeks, I'm doing kind of a nature get together with 2 fellow nature appreciators at a national park. That evening I am going to start with a medium to high dose, 4-5 medium potent pre-dropped sweettarts, sometime around 1 a.m. My question is, at what time do you think it would be too late to drop 1, maybe 2 more that morning to extend a more mild trip to last into the rest of the morning/afternoon? Would it be wasting it to drop again around 7am or 8am?

Last edited:
Well, I have explained my view on this very recently but I forgot where. I'll repeat myself:
If you redose something like acid (I think this goes for many other compounds as well especially psychedelics) you extend the phase of the trip you are currently in and all the following phases. You will not start all over again.

I don't know if you ever noticed this but trips are often like a story being told with different chapters. You can divide them in onset, comeup, peak, plateau, comedown and afterglow.
Often these phases are not only a measure of intensity of effects but also of content and quality. The comeup and first part of plateau are often full of conflicting effects, much contemplation and thinking over, analyzing etc. In conclusion of this you often get a sort of resolution and clarity. You still feel the trip but there are then a lot less thoughts flying over your head and answers rule over questions. Sometimes you can get clarity very early in the trip.

You can re-drop acid very late but it will keep you in the afterglow like clear phase (I love this by the way), the earlier you redose the more stretched out all of the different phases will be in my experience. This also depends on the size of the dose making it all the more complex.

But also remember that redosing late means that you have to compensate for tolerance. Tolerance builds up quickly, if you redose at about T+7 or T+8 you would already have to almost double your added dose. It's tricky though because often this is definitely necessary while at some times it can increase the intensity of effects very dramatically and a little unexpected.

This question is a very common one, actually it is so common that I am starting to believe it deserves its own separate LSD subthread. I will check this out later but expect this thread to be assimilated by this merger.