Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DPT Subthread] DPT Dosage & Methods of Administration

Squeaks

Bluelighter
DPT Subthread: Dosages and Methods of Administration

This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy DPT thread in which to discuss dosage and methods of administration. Please direct all questions and discussion about DPT dosage and methods of administration to this thread.

[BACK TO THE DPT MAIN THREAD]

original post:

I am thinking about trying this wonderful(so I am told) drug. I checked erowids site out and was wondering if the mg dosage for insuflatted is right on the money....
also are the mg dosages for dpt as sensitive to measure like 2ct7?
I would have to eyeball(and I know thats stupid) the doses but would start out very small as not to od and all.
What are the most noticable effects? side effects?
What are the visuals like?
Is this something I could just take home(with a sitter)chilling with music and all or is it something that will make me want to go out and all
Last question with an insufflated dose do I still need an MAOI or without one will the effects be felt?
Thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
DPT...
Well, you are in the major leagues now, my friend... third only in intensity to both DMT and 5-MEO-DMT (IMO).
I strongly suggest that this drug be approached with caution... I have had TREMENDOUS experiences with PDT administered via intramuscular injection. I feel this method realizes it's full potential. be forewarned... DPT is a hardcore psychedelic!!! In that I mean it has no frills, and is not a happy drug... it is furious, cold, wildly intense with euphoria not being part of it's equation even remotely.
I would not be able to comment on DPT without mentioning what I believe to be one of the most synergistic drug combinations I have ever experienced: Intramuscular DPT + Ketamine. This has to be one of the most utterly alien experiences I have ever have. Morninggloryseeds has a lot to say about this topic as well, I suggest you look up his trip report on Erowid that details his experience with this combo.
Peace,
SG

Originally posted by Squeaks:
What about an MAOI is it still neccessary with an insufflated dose?
Nope, its even active orally, as read in Tikal.
I've never tried it, nor been able to find it (I send that email), but I've heard it to be the most religious of all tryptamines. Temple of the True Inner Light uses it as their main sacrament
[ 27 January 2002: Message edited by: Insatiable ]

Eyeballing DPT is not as horable as it sounds.
when the average dose is from 25-100mg you can make a many mg mistake and have it not be as big of a deal as it is for the more potent (per mg) drugs.
I do have to dissagree with those saying DPT is not a fun drug. At 45-50mg insulffated, it is incredibly fun. In fact it may be my favorite above the usual suspects of E, LSD, Shrooms etc..
as for the visualls, I haven't pushed too far yet. At the 50mg point they are about like 5 hits of acid. The CEV's are spectacular and you can imagine things and see a coresponding picture.
It is a wonderfull drug in the respect that 2.5 hours at that state is plenty and would involve a huge commitment and a larger risk to get there with acid.
The next experiment will be with the smoking route, so if anyone has any advice, like an easy way to weigh a very thick oil, let me know. I plan to add it to weed or parsley. Any advice??

I love dpt. Try 50mg after a psilocybin peak. Intense visuals. 3+ more hours of tripping. Very pleasent. I find this substance to be very friendly and all around fantastic. My favourite research chem thus far.

The Big and Dandy DPT Thread (Archive 10-3-03 - 5-13-08)

I have scoured the archives for DPT, but have only come up with a few tidbits of info. Does anyone have anything to say about it? Whats the best way to take it?

Oral and Nasal administration needs a quite high amount
but if it's your first time then I suggest you take it orally.

Then if you're familiar with the substance and money
is scarce and you don't have any needlephobia you could
try taking it IM:y. Read MGS's report with 30mgs IM:y.

I do not recommend this orally, you`ll need 150+mg at least to feel something substantial. Nasal administration clogs up your nose, but is less wasteful of material. Oral administration(125mg as a test) made me feel sick(not sick from the drug, but as if I was coming down with the flue) Nasal administration is not the best thing for your nose, but it comes on quite quick, so you can start low, and bump your way up. Oral is not for me

Ive read a couple reports where people found success with a rectal administration. A saturated DPT fluid (at a nasal dose) was injected into an empty colon with very rewarding results.

Then again, if you have a problem with the needle scene, you might have a reservation or two about being a part of the filthy underground of homosexual, S&M plugging scene.

I have tried up the nose, down my throat, and by IM injection. I found IM injection works best. I'm told smoking the base is also nice, but I have not yet tried that route. Start low. As many have said...DPT has teeth. Watch out.

some people think the discomfort engendered by the nasal route is too much to tell jesus. for me its just not that big a deal, and fades during the onset time (routinely 15 min tho ive felt very large doses within 6 min). so it appears theres some variation there between persons. still dpt cant be too rad for your nose. id like to try the oral route soon; there seems to be marked variability between persons in dpt's oral activity.

Well I have only snorted this one. My friend tried smoking the hydrocloride
which didn't work very well.

The dosage from one person to another intranasal can be pretty erratic.

Also in my experience DPT was not bad to snort at all.

do a few small bumps so you can get a feel for it.

Thanks so much for all the information. I feel like smoking would be the best method for me. However, my friend only has DPT HCL. Anyone know how to convert it into the freebase?

From the erowid DPT primer -
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dpt/dpt_primer.shtml

Conversion of Hcl salt to freebase:
2g of DPT Hcl was dissolved in 150ml of water. It was difficult to get the crystals to go into solution and it required a small amount of heat. Be careful not to apply too much heat, as DPT is very heat sensitive.

Once the DPT was in solution the water mixture was added to a separatory funnel and ammonia hydroxide was then added dropwise to basify. After each drop I swirled the mixture to distribute the ammonia evenly, observing a white cloud of freebase forming out of solution. When it reached a ph 8-9, I added 75ml of chloroform.

This mixture was swirled and thoroughly shaken for about 5-10 minutes with the chloroform layer settling on the bottom. The chloroform extraction was then poured off and saved in a flask.

This process was repeated 3 more times, with each extraction requiring additional ammonia hydroxide to keep the ph level at 8-9. The last extraction was left to sit for 5 hours just to make sure that all of the DPT was recovered from the water solution.

The combined chloroform extractions were then evaporated in a baking dish leaving a semi-clear-white DPT freebase oil behind.

2g of finely ground dried parsley was added to the baking dish and scraped and thoroughly mixed with a razor blade until the parsley was completely saturated. The mixture was still somewhat sticky but relatively easy to handle. It was then placed in a glass vial for easy use and storage.

ahh alil bit of weight is lost but you get more doses 8o

I'll give it a try maybe on halloween hehe....

Many of them mention shakes and tremors. DPT does have very strong 'energy' to it that manifests as body shakes and tremors or other symptoms in some people if not channeled properly. This in combination with DPT's ego smashing psychedelic effects has lead poeple to a very difficult experience. The DPT primer warns of this (calling it a 'kundalini archetype') and recommends a first time snorted dose no higher than 25mg with an optional 25mg boost after 15-30 minutes or a first time smoked dose no higher than 20mg spread out over 5 minutes. I strongly suggest any one trying DPT for the first follow those procedures and have a sitter.

yeah, my second dpt experience couple a days ago wasn't that fun at all. my friend had made 2 lines of 25 mg and we each snorted one. last time i did this i had 40 mgs of dpt divided over the course of an hour or so and i didn't get where i wanted to be. last time i had a bit of trouble with snorting it, i found the drip to be plain filthy, but it was bearable to snort little amounts over time. this time however, i snorted everything and to my surprise it didn't burn as much as previously. but the drip, oh god the drip... i was hit fucking hard, it was like, BAM and i was tripping (that was fun though :D ). the dpt running down my throat together with great amounts of snot was not nice at all. i tried to wash it down with lots of water but it didn't help me much, it just kept on running. i puked and puked and drank water again but the drip wouldn't subside. it felt like the shit was floating between my sinus cavity and my brain and it just stayed there for an hour and a half. after finally getting rid of the nasty drip (i thought i spend 30 minutes or so in the bathroom, really freaky), everything became better and i could finally enjoy everything around me which i couldn't before because i just wanted the drip to go away. it almost felt like the drip controlled my trip, it wasn't funny... i felt shitty and just plain sick when coming up this time. soo yeah, dpt can bite ur head off and shit down ur neck, i agree on that one. i never thought i would be hit so hard by just 25 mg but i was wrong haha =D

that was fuckin crazy, I thought lets put 50 mg on the table and start off there, so I divided it in 2 lines, me and blowmonkey did the two lines, the drip started and so did the trip. the drip had just stopped a bit, when the shakes began(I call this the shake-a-delic now), man, I would have seriously freaked out if I were an unexperienced user, luckily, I have had things like this happen before, so I found it quite amusing(I must`ve looked like a fucking retard, shaking on the couch, looking in every direction, and laughing my ass off because of it.). I tried to get over the shakes a bit by trying some nitrous(makes me feel all warm usually) and suddenly the wood began making faces at me, the curtains turned yellow with shapes crawling down it(definitely crawling down into theground) and the next moment the shakes were gone(they came back full force after coming down off the nitrous) and the entire ceiling started morphing untill it was as bright pink as it could possibly be and when I closed my eyes,

I could see explosions of yellow/green/pink fractals in every direction, and the longer my eyes were closed the brighter they got, then when I opened my eyes, the room exploded in exactly the same way and everything would colorshift and the shapes were running for cover into the walls. Last time I did it was 120mg oral(which did almost nothing except bring out the yellow/green shade DPT has for me + 15 mg bumped +15 mg bumped about 20 minutes later, it gave me a woefully inadequate experience. the time before that, I did about 20 mg insuuflated all at once, and nothing substantial happened(so little, I could describe it as placebo). I don`t know what triggered the extreme effects this time, but I liked it, I think I`m going for 35 mg insufflated next time, I want to get extreme with this stuff.

oh yeah, when I did 25 mg with blowmonkey, the stuff was telling me to do more next time, so I will

>the time before that, I did about 20 mg insuuflated all at once,
>and nothing substantial happened(so little, I could describe it as
>placebo). I don`t know what triggered the extreme effects this time

ive found a similar variability in intranasal dose response. on one trial X amount left me bleary and hardly tripping, and i was rolling a joint as soon as i'd passed the peak. the next month the same dose plus ~10% took me to another world of blinding light, the most awesome and terrifying 90 min of my life. this difference wasnt a manifestation of tolerance. hence you might want to try the same dose more than once before moving up.

also, consider that with dpt dose-response curve of the 'headfuck/egobend' part of the trip is particularly steep. at low/low-mid doses i find dpt waaay clearer than an analogous dose of, say, lsd (which leaves me unable to think rationally even at the lowest levels of tripping). but when dpt comes on full force, suddenly its goodbye ego, and you cant believe this same drug is now making you unable to distinguish yourself from the wall in front of you or the highest spires of your running imagination.

so id say pace yourself... consider that a 20% underdose of dpt is not exactly a boring experience ;)

The effects of DPT are very consistent when the drug is administered by IM injection. Whatever dose you take, you know it is all going in you and will be absorbed in an even fashion.

When it is insufflated, much of it drips down the throat into the stomach. Unfortunately DPT is not very effective (for most people) orally. Depending on how much of the material drips down your throat, you may end up absorbing only half of what you put in your nasal passages.

I also find IMed DPT much 'smoother' as far as general effects. It is still very intense, but in a much more gentle way compared to insufflated DPT. You also don't have the nasty smell/taste to contend with. I just think snorting it is all around disgusting.

I am not recommending anyone use needles to take DPT. I am not recommending anyone even take DPT. Just simply sharing my experience and observations about this incredible entheogen. If you cannot get it to work orally, it is definitely best taken (in my opinion) by IM injection. I have not yet smoked the freebase of DPT, so I have no experience or opinion of this method of ingestion.