View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Safe Psychedelic

cola

Bluelighter
well i am a noob in the psychedelic area and i'm thinking about starting to experiment with them since i have access to some of them, and since i got kinda tired of other drugs
i heard a lot of bad things about some strong psychedelics like LSD,and i know it's kinda ignorant to believe in drug myths but well i'm worried that some of my psychological problems could re-appear
i had obsessive-compulsive behavior when i was a kid, suffered from extreme anxiety , and social anxiety for years,mild panic attacks, and had (and still have) a mild case of insomnia...and i always get really scared of havng bad trips, i just can't control them.
i mean is it true that LSD and such can make re-appear psychological problems that i had in the past? or can it make my anxiety worse?

from the psychedelic area i have tried phenetylamines (mdma and mda), dissociatives (copious amounts of dxm and ketamine and love love love them)...and of course a lot of weed (although i do not consider it a psychedelic per say but it can be very trippy and shait)
so i am thinking about LSD, 2cb (or any of the 2cx since they will be coming my way soon), mescaline, DMT, PCP and other types of psychedelics...
i mean what is , in your exp the safest psychedelic, the one with the lowest possibility of bad trips?
and how could you compare them to each other?
sorry if this post is stupid (and i agree it is) and i did do research , but i'm looking for personal exp...

cola said:
i mean is it true that LSD and such can make re-appear psychological problems that i had in the past? or can it make my anxiety worse?

Absolutely. If you don't have problems with anxiety after smoking pot at high doses, and you took a good beginning dose of LSD in a good environment, you would probably be ok, but you can never say for sure, as everyone is different, especially with psychedelics.

My first trip I did shrooms, which I would recommend. For me shrooms have more of a euphoria similar to mdma, less anxiety than LSD, and they don't last as long so if you are having a bad trip, it's over sooner.

I have never tried any of the 2c-x's though so I couldn't say how they compare for beginners.

I know this is going to sound like a cop-out answer but read, read, read, read. There is more info than you could ever hope to know about psychs in this forum.

In my experience I have not have any difficulty with LSD but obviously others have. Just goes to show how subjective this can be.

All I'm going to say is my first true LSD trip was the most profound and amazing experience of my life... This still stands true more than 15 years later. Do NOT miss your opportunity to blow open the doors of perception%)

2c-b is pretty gentle and forgiving. It isn't normally too spaced out balls to the wall tripping so in that sense, it is pretty safe, with a relatively low chance for a bad trip. Remember though, all drugs have the potential of being EXTREMELY dangerous if used under the wrong circumstances.

Know the drug, know yourself, and know your surroundings. read read read....you should be "ight"

Probably none are completely safe. Smoked DMT would be both brilliant but short lived. *Shrugs* just thinking out loud.

LSD is actually probably the safest psychedelic from a medical point of view: it is well researched (comparatively), has been taken by millions upon millions of humans and has an extraordinarily high therapeutic index (ratio of active::LD50 doses). Hence, from physical point of view, there is virtually no risk of overdose or death. From a psychical point of view, however, there is a risk of mindfuck and/or panic inherent to all psychedelics. I believe the 2C-X series (save 2C-E, which is often reported as quite intense) contains the more "recreational," less deep and insightful psychedelics.

I would say DMT only cause of how short it is if you are afraid of having a bad trip. Even if you do, it wouldn't be something that can't be handled quite easily by a sitter for the next 15 minutes.

But still, if you have had previous psychological problems, tread very very carefully

Totally dependant upon your own body's metabolism. Lacking an enzyme (inherited trait) can make a normally safe drug highly toxic

Unless there are some serious medical risks I am unaware of, low-dose (1.5g - 2.2g) of mushrooms have always been gentle and forgiving for me.

I would go with a low dose of mescaline first. perhaps from san pedro cactus-
this seems the gentlest from my experience.

Also a 5-10 HBWR seed experience, but this is not to everyone's liking.

If you mean psychedelic in the broadest sense, then obviously cannabis is the safest psychedelic

In a technical sense, wouldn't LSD be the safest because of the extremely low amount needed and it's virtually non-toxic?

Fastandbulbous, would you say that tryptamines are safer than phenethylamines?

^ Depends, alpha-metylated or 5-methoxylated tryptamines don't have the best of safety records.

I would say that the simple, non-ring sub tryptamines (DMT,DET,DPT etc) seem about the safest of the lot between phenethylamines & tryptamines

adrian89987 said:
I would say DMT […]

me too. at sub-breakthrough doses DMT is extremely benign compared to lsd or mushrooms. because of the clear mind you have with DMT i think it's less likely to cause a traumatic experience or bring an underlying psychological condition to the surface than with other psychedelics (at a dose with "comparable" effects anyway…).

be careful, but don't worry while tripping.

In a technical sense, wouldn't LSD be the safest because of the extremely low amount needed and it's virtually non-toxic?
it's not non-toxic as toxicity is defined by the weight you needed and LSD is incredibly potent. but its active/usual dose is only about 1/4000 of the estimated LD50 so it is from a physical standpoint much safer than most other chemicals we take to us.

like other I would say go for DMT. it is actualy quite gental considering how spun you get from it. maybe like 15-20mg would be good enough to give you a taste of what other 5ht psychedelics are like. then I would move to either LSD or mushrooms. low dose of course.

but always remember when tripping that you arnt forced to trip, you dont have to trip and by no means is tripping for everyone. also, if you do ahve a bad trip, just work with it. remember that it WILL be over, and you WILL go back to "normal" or base line. also be sure to intergrate the experience as it will help out a ton with any "psychological" problems you may bring out. just basicly try to make some sort of sense of the difficult experience which deals with you and why/when/how things went wrong.

welcome to the fractal, find a point and observe with us will you? :D

well then i guess i'm gonna go with the phenetylamines, more specifically i found out that 2ce and 2cb might come around theese parts
and one other thing that captured my interest is mescaline, a friend of mine is growing a cactus,maybe a reaaaaaly small dose could be ok...
and DMT...well that is one of my biggest curiosities, i heard only good things from the people who have tried it so it does sound interesting
and my biggest curiosity is PCP , the mother of dissociatives...seeing how i love dissociatives and i get along perfectly with them(i mean fuck that i love a k-hole,it doesen't scare me at all) dunno it's just intriguing...but i think this one is going to be verry hard to find :-<
and LSD...it's around yeah, all over the place, all of my friends trippin on it but still i think i should do a warm-up with other psychadelics before taking the quarter stamp i was promised <3
and mushies...damn i heard that they are killers, verry high risk of bad trips and freaking out...
so i guess i'll be sticking to 2cx's and a really small dose of mescaline for now

cola said:
well then i guess i'm gonna go with the phenetylamines, more specifically i found out that 2ce and 2cb might come around theese parts
and one other thing that captured my interest is mescaline, a friend of mine is growing a cactus,maybe a reaaaaaly small dose could be ok...
and DMT...well that is one of my biggest curiosities, i heard only good things from the people who have tried it so it does sound interesting
and my biggest curiosity is PCP , the mother of dissociatives...seeing how i love dissociatives and i get along perfectly with them(i mean fuck that i love a k-hole,it doesen't scare me at all) dunno it's just intriguing...but i think this one is going to be verry hard to find :-<
and LSD...it's around yeah, all over the place, all of my friends trippin on it but still i think i should do a warm-up with other psychadelics before taking the quarter stamp i was promised <3
and mushies...damn i heard that they are killers, verry high risk of bad trips and freaking out...
so i guess i'll be sticking to 2cx's and a really small dose of mescaline for now
Iv never met anyone trustworthy with PCP. you never know with PCP as it is prominantly a "ghetto" drug. (noone knows why!!!?!!)

I think I have a similar history of mental conditions to you. I was diagnosed with OCD, generalized anxiety disorder, and panic disorder after a bunch of problems when I was in early elementary school. Since then I've gotten much better, and haven't had a panic attack or too much anxiety for several years, though it does occasionally show up. I've only had two real psych experiences, one with a crazy salvia trip and one with slightly under an eight of mushrooms. The salvia didn't give me room for anxiety because I was literally in my own little world, so I won't adress it. The shrooms were pretty intense and had me scared for a little while, but were overall quite fun. I've had more anxiety from smoking a lot of weed than from my shroom trip. The part that scared me was watching Rocky Horror Picture Show while peaking, but I felt much better when I sat with my friends in a quiet, dark room. Basically, as long as you're confident and you have a comfortable set and setting, you'll probably be ok with a reasonable dose of psychs.

Youkai said:
Iv never met anyone trustworthy with PCP. you never know with PCP as it is prominantly a "ghetto" drug. (noone knows why!!!?!!)

Well, your never gonna find a trustworthy source for anything on the streets really :p

I have 'panic disorder' whatever that may be; I freak out easily, but not when tripping. Make of that what you will. I'd go mushrooms; a mushroom analogue or DMT. Or LSD. If you trust yourself.

As F&B said, the only REAL danger could be a genetic misinheritance (%) ). One thing I will have to do is correct the spelling of psychEdelic.