• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Bluelight Lesson 101d: Using the 'Report' function

felix

Bluelight Crew
Hi there my beloved n00bs. This is the fourth in an occasional series of my New Member Introductions lectures:

Bluelight Lesson 101a: Posting Naked Pics (Use of NSFW Tags)

Bluelight Lesson 101b: The 'New Posts' link
Bluelight Lesson 101c: Avoiding Trolls & Pointless Arguments

In this lecture, we will demonstrate what happens when you click the 'Report' link seen at the bottom left of every post on Bluelight:

reportbuttonoi6.gif

If you ever see any posts that you'd like to bring to the staff's attention, like this one for example:

postlq3.gif

... you are encouraged to click that link. Here is what happens.

You will be taken to this page, with a shiny new text box for you to type in. Just type a short line or two describing what you think's wrong with it.
reportboxng4.gif

Don't be put off by the harsh words above. Please also feel free to use the Report function to suggest other things, like moving a thread to a more appropriate forum, or merged with an existing one. When you click on the Send Report button, you will be taken back to the thread. It will look like nothing happened, but trust me, it did. ;)

Now, what happens next?

The staff have access to the 'Reported Posts' forum, where all these reports are automatically sent. Each time someone reports a post, it creates a new thread in this forum:

rpey1.gif

This is the quickest and easiest way to bring things to the staff's attention. Even if the mods of the forum in question aren't around, senior mods and admins can see these reports and will take action if necessary.

Please note that reporting a post doesn't automatically mean you're going to get someone into trouble.

I say again: you are actively encouraged to do this, please. If you see any signs of attempted drug dealing, harassment, spamming, or anything like that, PLEASE hit that button. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
what if someone is breaking more than one rule in a single post?

can i report it for each infraction?

One report is fine, but you can spell out extenuating circumstances in the text you can provide when REPORTing something.

Also note, abuse of the REPORT function can be a WARNING for you - so use your common sense and don't report the same post a hundred times, or every post felix makes just because you're mad at him, or someone who accidentally double posted, or .... well, you get the picture. The function is there for you to help us keep the forum's clean and operational - your assistance is appreciated. <3