Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[5-MeO-DMT] Side Effects & Adverse Reactions

Heyoka

Bluelighter
Welcome to the 5-MeO-DMT Subthread for Side Effects & Adverse Reactions

[Go back to the main Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread]

[original post:]

It has been a few years since I've messed with this but a few years ago I acquired a bit from a now incarcerated rc supplier. Well my experience (smoking) was extremely intense but also included pronounced facial flushing and vomiting . Anyone else get these effects from 5-meo-dmt?

I'm asking because I'd like to know if what I had really was 5-meo-dmt and not something like bufotenine. The side effects I had felt like what I'd imagine a hypertensive thing would be like. If it was really 5-meo-dmt that I smoked it might be a good idea for me to stay away from it in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much did you take? I've never got these effects, but I've never gone above the 10 milligram dose. I don't know what it would be like to some too much... I've seen stuff like this reported in some reports, though.

vomiting is not that uncommon, especialy for your first time or two. My first real hit of 5-MeO-DMT, I puked! :)

A lot of the negative side effects have been disappearing from this chemical the more I try it. It is also becoming phenomenally visual (whereas my first 2-3 full doses were nearly non-visual).

Now it is similar to DMT (yet less colorful) in the sense that there is a great mandala forming every time I take the chemical into my lungs.

I was nauseated from my first ever hit of 5-meo-dmt too. I get a ton of warping and twisting type visuals, but nothing colorful, or with eyes closed (at least with nothing but 5-meo-dmt) like n,n dmt. The only real side effects I get from it are occasional nausea, and an increased need for albuterol (I have severe asthma) for about an hour afterword.

Last edited:
^^ that is on top of my "to try next list", what were your doses??

^^ well I had a glass dick with alot of DMT goo inside of it.
So i do not know how much dmt was inside but there was definetly alot.

I added 15 mg of 5 meo dmt and smoked 3 large hits.
I noticed alot more visuls than dmt or 5 meo dmt alone.
The dmt calming effect also overpowered the chaotic 5meodmt high.

So basically i got a calming relaxing dmt high but with alot more visuals.

After this i got another crazy idea thinking about adding some DPT nexttime.
I decided to go to bed, but will defintely look into a combo with 2 of the 3 chemicals-
dmt, dpt, 5 meo dmt.
mABye try all three together..... dont know.

-I would like to smoke some DMT or 5 meo dmt while on some shrooms, . This is on my next to do list..

^^I’ve played around with a few different combo amounts with DMT and 5-meo-dmt and found 20% 5-meo-dmt and 80% DMT makes a good mix more either way the other seems to over power the other, they still go very nice, just more like the one. They seem to feed off each other and prolong each other. It is a little bit of a trick smoking them together because of the different melting points. A completely beautiful mix.

5-MeO-DMT and 2CE is heaven. The 2CE definitely acts as a platform to blast off from.

I'm also interested in 'priming' a 4-substituted-T trip with a 5-MeO-DMT trip.

I have yet to try 5-MeO-DMT at all (still), but I want to. I also have been thinking of combining a 4-substituted tryptamine with DMT and/or 5-MeO-DMT. I will probably try a 4-xx-T with n,n-DMT first and of course report on it.

I've also got to try DPT and some combos with it! So much to do, so little time! 8(

;)

samadhi_smiles said:
5-MeO-DMT and 2CE is heaven. The 2CE definitely acts as a platform to blast off from.

I'm also interested in 'priming' a 4-substituted-T trip with a 5-MeO-DMT trip.

I have combined 5-meo-dmt with 4-ho-dipt, 4-ho-mipt, and psilocybin on seperate occasions, with good effects each time. It will increase the length of the "flash, and the trip retains the spiritual aspect of the 5-meo-dmt.

I also had some very meaningful trips from combining 2c-e with 5-meo-dmt.

samadhi_smiles said:
no doubt. I've taken small hits of 5-MEO on full doses of 2C-E and the clarity...wow. So fucking unparalleled it's laughable. I'm well on my way to unraveling the entirety of the universe's mysteries. :)

as a side note, I just did a low dose of 2C-T-7 last night (very low dose because I was testing out my bag basically)...there is amazing synergy between the T-7 and N,N-DMT. Small hits I would've barely felt while sober skyrocketed me into an intensely friendly, playful DMT-space, no questions asked. The chem was toying with me, consciously. Quite amazing. I'm not in any huge rush, but I definitely look forward to going further down that avenue. I wonder if it's a result of T-7's MAOI activity...?

Others have reported this synergy!!!! Too bad my t7 is buried on the side of a freakin' mountain otherwise I would try asap!!! But you have to backpack in and its a pain!!! 8o

I'll try this soon on the beach though!!! =D

Love,
SS

i just had a crazy and frieghtening expeirece.
I gave 3 people some 5 meo dmt to smoke.
the first two smoked it and layed back and had a pleasant trip.
the third person smoked some and instantly started convulsing, eyes rolling to the back of his head, completly stiff and violently shaking.
He was also foaming at the mouth and his arms were curled up.
I got really scared and held him and told him to breathe.
this happened for 30 minutes straight,
i usually lay back and enjoy for 2-5 minutes, but he was convulsing for around 30 minutes and was totally unaware. He slowly came back and starting laughing.
I was really worried and never seen this happen to anyone. He didnt remember a thing except the horrible taste then he was gone.
I am just writing this for information to let people be aware and be careful when smoking.
He was on no meds and was sober. Also he has ALOT of expierence with psychedelics.

I am glad he is ok, but I was really worried for a while

^^^Far out man, hope you and your mate are doin okay. 5-MeO-DMT is defintely creeping into the realm of too dangerous or physically effecting for me to want to smoke anymore. All the best man :)

samadhi_smiles said:
*giggles at nbsp*

isn't 5-MeO-DMT so much fun! :)

uhm.. not really

.. my friend ordered some from probably the same supplier as listed at topic. I pinched some and tried it b4 telling everyone just cuz i was a greedy bitch. I was standing in my garage and i think i used a pop can to hit it 8(

Anyhow... it was pure terror... i didnt measure it out but i kept thinking in my head that i was so fucked up this must be what dying feels like. I wobbled up to my room and laid down. I could barely move enough to throw some music on which usually calms and soothes my trips. Not this time.. I remember banging my head in my pillow to music until the effects went away and then praying that i was still alive.

When i gave it to my friend whom ordered it he had a similar if not worse experience. We were in a group and 3 out of the 4 people were going to use. I went first and made sure not to do too much but my vision spiraled and i sat there very uncomfortable for the next 15 min.

My friend who purchased it took a hit and instantly fell back onto the couch. Laying down there his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he kept repeating the phrase "IM SO FUCKED UP, IM SO FUCKED UP!" This went on to the point of scaring the shit out of us. I literally grabbed him by the shirt chest and pulled him up to me and said "dude are u fucking ok!?"

he continued to repeat his phrase. The non user then jump up and exclaimed "FUCK THIS SHIT... IM NOT GONNA SIT HERE WHILE HE DIES.. IM LEAVING" The rest of us were actually very surprised at first and then had to convince him our friend wasnt dying or going into a seizure. He sat back down and sure enough our friend came back to reality within the next 5 min.

The only person who actually enjoyed it was my friend who loves coke and stimulants. He just sat there with a smile on his face and didnt say a thing. afterwards he said it was the best feeling ever and hed do it again any time. go figure!

5-meo-dmt is not for everyone I had some a while back and my girlfriend wanted to try some I was like NO I don’t think you would like it. I had the blessing of having some 2C-E at the same time also, I would take a good hit towards the end of the trip it was so nice! It would really tie everything from the trip together; it would over power the 2C-E but would return to merge and blend with it, fucking beautiful! One of my buddies has some and he keeps trying to get me to try the Salvia /5-meo-dmt combo, he tells me it’s good because you don’t lose you self in the salvia realm. I have a feeling I will eventually try it but I’m a little scared.