View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Most Powerful or Potent Psychedelic

Visionary_Kpsycho

Bluelighter
Is there a drug more potent than LSD or DMT???? Or one that produces way more effects than any of thoose?

DMT isn't actually very potent at all. A full dose is around 60mg. Many, many psychedelics have lower doses than that by far.

LSD is still the lowest-dose psychedelic I know of. DOB-dragonfly comes close, as its full dose seems to range from 200-500mg. But LSD is known to be fully active in most people as low as 75-100mcg, and active at a lower level at as little as 10 or 20mcg. Salvinorin-A (the active in salvia) is also active at very low levels, but higher than LSD, at around milligram I believe (could be a bit off there). It's the most potent plant-produced psychedelic. LSAs found in MGS and HBWR are also very potent, with a full dose in the single-sigit milligram range.

Do you actually mean the most potent, as in the lowest dose required? Or do you mean the most powerful?

If you do mean the strongest effects, most people who have done it all say that it's impossible to get more intense psychedelic effects than with salvia divinorum.

salvia is up there rivalling them. i don't see how you could get 'farther out' than these three drugs take you, though, until the future when we understand the brain more

edit... yeah, you mean to say powerful not potency. potency doesnt determine how far a drug takes you from reality, its just how much weight of the drug you need for effects

I'm pretty sure lsd is the most potent, being active in under 50 micrograms.

thank you for the information, and yes i did mean powerful lol.....But i mean people told me DMT takes them into another world and somtimes to The void. Is there other drugs u can take to make you go into the void? or is there any drug out there that has more visuals then SD, LSD, DMT or not yet in todays science lol?

^The kind of visuals you get has less to do with the drug itself, and more to do with the dosage of said drug.

I've been to the void with mushrooms, 4-AcO-DMT, ketamine, and 2C-E. I haven't gotten there yet with DMT and I've been to afraid to try with salvia.

I know salvia has been available and legal in the US for a long time, but I am suprised that it is so strong and legal. I am planning on trying it for my first time with a friend in about a week. It seems so weird that Salvia of all things gets such a reaction out of experienced trippers on this forum. and its legal!!!

Salvia is both potent and powerful, but not neccessarily enjoyable.

Salvia is a very different type of experience than mushrooms, dmt, lsd, mescaline, etc. I kind of think it deserves a classification unto itself although a friend once swore that ketamine and nitrous brought her straight to the salvia space.

I also find salvia an unpleasant experience and mainly do it only often enough to remind myself why I do it so infrequently.

Aren't their "versions" of LSD that are a bit more potent than LSD? I mean, I seem to remember that Hoffman found substances similar to LSD that were active in even lower doses.

Heyoka said:
Aren't their "versions" of LSD that are a bit more potent than LSD? I mean, I seem to remember that Hoffman found substances similar to LSD that were active in even lower doses.

To my knowledge Pro-lad, ALD-52, and AL-LAD come close, but all have a slightly higher dose range (but not much higher).

It's really hard to say. I experienced ego death with 5-MeO-DMT, Salvia Divinorum, LSD, and ketamine. They are all strong in different ways. Personally the most gone I have been is when mixing things. Ketamine, MDMA, LSD, and N2O at the same time is quite powerful.

didn't Nichols' team discover a few conf. constricted entities that per ug were more potent than LSD, then freaked out and went all hush-hush?

I would say DMT is the most powerful psychedelic drug—as far as that label can be applied to a single drug of course. Saliva quite honestly has removed me farther from my reality than any other, though that is not the only consideration when evaluating a psychedelic’s power. I know of no other drug besides DMT that can enable hyperspatial perception. Added to DMT’s strong potential to produce ego death and to it’s full spectrum of other psychedelic effects, you’ve got a case for DMT being the psychedelic of the greatest possible psychedelic scope in the average user, a significant factor I should think in judging its power. Then of course there’s its sheer alien nature, bested in my experience only by salvia and tied by ketamine so far as I can quantify it. So by these quasi-objective measures I’d say it’s the most powerful for the average user.

nanobrain said:
didn't Nichols' team discover a few conf. constricted entities that per ug were more potent than LSD, then freaked out and went all hush-hush?

Yeah in the paper where he reports the discovery of bromo-dragonfly he mentions that some of the other analogues are more potent than LSD but he doesn't say what they are and implies that he doesn't want to reveal the information...from the information in Pihkal plus the SAR studies Nichol's team has reported, the CF3 and SCH2CH2F analogues instead of bromine should be more potent than bromo-dragonfly so should be close to LSD in potency, and the N-benzyl derivatives should be even more potent again.

However from peoples experiences of bromo-dragonfly it sounds like a high-affinity partial agonist rather than a full agonist, so maximum binding affinity does not necessarily equal a more powerful drug...antagonists or partial agonists often have higher binding affinity than full agonists and so appear more potent in vitro but produce less effects in vivo.

Br-DFLY is apparently very long-lasting but the effects remain subtle even at doses of a couple mg, whereas the less potent non-aromatic version 2CB-FLY sounds much more fun to take...

Last edited: