View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [Combo Subthread] DXM & Alcohol

FareWellToFashion

Bluelighter
I used the search engine, looked thrrew all the threads and that shit, nothing. So heres the question

Has anyone ever done a low-med ( range- 200mg-350mg) and then maybe taken a few shots?
Does anyone have an opinion on this?
I was thinking of trying, and wanted to know what anyones thoughts on it were

From the DXM FAQ
13.1 Alcohol
Some users report that a small amount of alcohol (a beer or two) before the DXM can both enhance the trip and prevent some nausea. Alcohol following the DXM trip seems to be reduced in some, but not all, of its effects. Note that large doses of alcohol combined with DXM often cause prolonged vomiting (up to 2 hours!) Alcohol after the end of a high dosage DXM trip has been reported to temporarily bring back many of the dissociative effects (cannabis and nitrous oxide also do this). This seems possible up to five days after the DXM trip, depending on your metabolism and brain chemistry.

I've done it, it's a pretty euphoric combo, I liked it.. You can feel that one or two shots of liqour or two beers potentiate the small amount of DXM, don't go overboard though, you might feel nauseous..

I don't care for this combo at all. I'm more susceptible than average to nausea from both these substances, and even low dose combinations of the two (1 standard drink + 250mg DXM) were enough to make me puke a little. I will admit the euphoria was pretty spectacular though. I barely noticed I was puking.

Another time, sipping alcohol after the DXM peaked brought a shooting pain to my head, almost like a cold-drink headache. I immediately put down the drink like it was death itself.

Note that as well as I can recall, both these experiments were with wine. So it may be sulfites or something.

But apparently plenty of people suffer no ill effects, so by all means, give it a "shot". :| =D

i had been out drinking and then when i came home i parachuted about 500mg of dxm and i cant remember much of the trip other than lots of puking in my bed which consisted mainly of potato skins and tissue

^^ Been there too. Being so inebriated I somehow think it's a good idea to do 500mg of DXM to forget the rest of my troubles, the ones that weren't drowned by alcohol, is a BAD Situation. 8(

Sometimes, life is just an ugly mess.. :\

I've done a lot of beer drinking when on 850 to 1000mg DXM HBr, as well as booze and ketamine HCl(IM injection of about 180mg at a time) . It has the same effect in both situations; 6-8 beers is cool, but anymore really numbs out the dissociative effects and gives me a negative trip, especially with K. I've done up to 2g DXM, and a twelve pack after makes the come-down easier. I'm a lunatic that's been doing this drug for years(at least 1 or 2 days a week); My body reacts different to it than with beginners, so don't do the doses that I do! [edited by iso. PM me for details]

Attachments

• ketamine monster 1.jpg
    ketamine monster 1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 333
Last edited by a moderator:
For the people who have done it, how do you reccomend dosing the DXM? I'd imagine that on a second plateau dose, throwing up in itself would be a pretty difficult task (I find the second plateau pretty disorienting), but i could see it being decent with a first plateau.

Mixing multiple CNS-depressants isn't too hot of an idea. Many people enjoy one or two drinks {beers/shots/glasses of wine/ect.} usually on the come-down (When the CNS effects of DXM are fading, the alcohol tends to rebound you--in the words of some).

Excessive consumption of alcohol in combination with medium to high recreational doses of DXM is not a smart idea.

-Nitin

VictorBorge said:
I don't care for this combo at all. I'm more susceptible than average to nausea from both these substances, and even low dose combinations of the two (1 standard drink + 250mg DXM) were enough to make me puke a little. I will admit the euphoria was pretty spectacular though. I barely noticed I was puking.

Another time, sipping alcohol after the DXM peaked brought a shooting pain to my head, almost like a cold-drink headache. I immediately put down the drink like it was death itself.

Note that as well as I can recall, both these experiments were with wine. So it may be sulfites or something.

But apparently plenty of people suffer no ill effects, so by all means, give it a "shot". :| =D
I agree with this guy, a few beers does enhance the dxm high, however, one time i had like seven beers after i have peaked from 300mg dxm with some weed and i had a bad headache later, no nausea but a pounding headache. Definitely don't take shots, thats alot of alcohol at once you need something more moderate like beer.

I think often ones reaction to alcohol while on DXM has to do with alcohol tolerance. 3 years ago when I had very little experience with alcohol, I drank 4 shots of Everclear and then took 1000mg of DXM and puked several times. Now I never get sick with this combo and several months ago took 1600mg of DXM after drinking 12 beers, though i didnt really trip from the DXM and next time I try a large dose like that I probably won't drink. Smaller doses, around 300-500mg, go great with alcohol for me, though usually I prefer pot for mixing with DXM, and I find that more than a couple drinks(just 1 or 2 is great) often kills the euphoria I get from a high 2nd plateau DXM dose + pot, and makes the visuals unstable and much less clear. It seems like the higher the dose of DXM the less alcohol is needed to do this.

What is great is drinking on the DXM comedown- it seems to extend the dissociative effects, especially with high doses, and I can keep smoking pot without getting anxious(I cant stand pot alone). It also helps me get to sleep afterwards which is normally a big problem for me with DXM.

It is wise to avoid drinking a lot on high doses of DXM because of potential respiratory depresion.

DXM potentiating alcohol?

So yesterday, i was caught drinking at school (i know, stupid). So im currently grounded. About 5 days or so ago, i bought some tussin max cough, of course with only dxm as the a.i., and was saving for a rainy day. I took the bottle last night, 4 oz of it, 15 mg/5 ml. I forgot how many mg of dxm that was, and i weigh 135 lbs.

Exactly 5 hours after dosing, i snuck out and went to a party. I was still feeling the effects, but definately not still "tripping" or whatever you would like to call it. Any way, i had 2 cans of beer in aproximately 15 minutes or so, and i was already drunk. Normally, i might have a slight buzz of that much, if anything.
By the end of the night (i stayed for 2 hours at the party) i had a total of 5 beers, and was very wasted, and stoned, since we smoked also.

My question is, was i not really all that drunk, just thinking i was, because of the un-coordination involved with dxm and the drunken likeness of it, or did it actually help me get there with less alcohol than needed? Has anyone else added alcohol late into the robo trip and felt this way?

i downed a bottle of day quil once, and didnt even notice teh dxm because i drank around 10 beers like 45min later

the only thing i noticed from the dxm was my eyes being dilated

Man i can't believe you found your way home after a 4 oz bottle - a couple beers, and weed - which for me potentiates the effects of dxm in the ballpark of 600000%.

what was the question anways? drinking and DXM getting you super wasted? yeah i'd say so -

They're both CNS depressants, yes they potentiate one another, also, if you're a regular, heavy drinker, p450 enzyme levels are gonna be decreased, making DXM metabolism harder.

i had 25mg dose of dxm coz i was sick, then 8 hours later i had 1/2 a bourbon & coke and i was sick as a dog for the next 4 hours it was awful. i dont recommend it.

Mixing dxm and alcohol is a really bad idea. I've seen people get beyond fucked up on the combination. If you keep the doses low, it might be alright, but its likely you'll just end up getting sick. Weed with either of those is a good combination, but all three together is not a good idea (unless you keep them all at veeery low doses). Really you should just stick with one or the other.

Tussin (dxm) / alcohol / weed

couple freinds of mine made a big drink with a 4 fl oz bottle of tussin. mixed it with a bit of biccardi alcohol and some soda. we were feeling very high then we smoked a few hits of pot and just... a just extremely strong trip. ive done LSD probably over 5 times and ive never felt so out of this universe. Can't be described.

anyone have something similar , i dont think we would would of got so high withought the pot what does pot have to do with the dxm to give such a intense trip?

It doesnt have any special interactions to dxm. However weed in general just enhances all sorts of drugs. It can make a mild trip a lot stronger for someone who doesnt often smoke it.