• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Escaline Thread

It's possible that 50-55mg is threshold with a sudden curve into magic territory at 60-70mg. Someone should do trials at 60mg and 75mg to see what they entail.

Already we have a few reports on 55mg, 60+10(70)mg, and the other sparse reports scattered around, one that showed threshold effects at 50mg and this thread over on another forum about a '100mg' dose which didn't seem ego shattering, but rather enjoyable, a full trip. He's not precise on the dose he took, but it might have been less.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95734

50mg tested. Although mescaline has never been tried here, escaline had characteristics so similar to it's description that I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two if told they had mescaline instead.

Amount: 50mg
ROA: Oral (with 500mg antacid tablet of Calcium Carbonate)
Duration: ~12 hours; 2-3 hours come-up, 8 hour peak, 4 hours comedown

Effects noted:
-Increased laughter/humor
-Increased appreciation for the world
-No jaw clenching
-Serenity/feeling of peace
-Fluid control of physical and mental self
-Anxiety free/no stress
-Increased color contrast empathetic towards a a dark and rich color palette
-Emphasis of patterns in the real world
-No body load/extremely minimal physical unease
-Some nausea for the first two hours but the remainder of the experience was non-nauseating
-Increased awareness of others and self
-Euphoria
-Increased understanding
-Feeling of being part of a whole
-Slight muscle relaxation
-Slight drunken feeling

This is a compound that is definitely a keeper. The experience overall was very beautiful and my vision was so enhanced to the point that everything looked majestic. The majority of the day was spent smiling and laughing with friends in the most jovial mood. Nothing was annoying or bothersome and everyone was very easy to be around. Walking around a nature trail was completely fantastic to see nature at work, it was one of the best parts of the experience. Experience was rated a high ++. 100mg is the next trial and it seems like that is where a +++ experience will undoubtedly happen.

Sorry, but how can you say that when you haven't tried mescaline? 8)

Nice you had a good trip though.

Based on the description of effects given for mescaline experiences, the symptoms and effects pair so well with escaline that I would easily confuse which one is being described if a blind or double-blind experiment were to be done.

^^ but MMPA, your description fits most psychedelics. The effects you describe is what psychedelics do.

a blind or double-blind experiment? You mean you couldn't see the difference between your own report of escaline and other people's reports of mescaline.

I don't agree, I haven't felt those specific collective effects on a single psychedelic. DOC always provides jaw clenching, aMT is not serene for me, 2-CE always has an intense body load, and so on. I am pretty sure the collective effects I listed do not apply to all psychedelics since each psychedelic has it's own characteristic. Ultimately, I will leave it at that. If you would like to try escaline and agree or disagree, then I welcome that but I'm not going to modify the list of effects of what was felt.

And yes, if I gave someone the effect list/report provided for escaline and the effect list/report of mescaline at an equipotent dosage, it would probably be difficult for someone to easily discriminate between the two without scrutinizing each report.

I don't agree, I haven't felt those specific collective effects on a single psychedelic. DOC always provides jaw clenching, aMT is not serene for me, 2-CE always has an intense body load, and so on. I am pretty sure the collective effects I listed do not apply to all psychedelics since each psychedelic has it's own characteristic. Ultimately, I will leave it at that. If you would like to try escaline and agree or disagree, then I welcome that but I'm not going to modify the list of effects of what was felt.

And yes, if I gave someone the effect list/report provided for escaline and the effect list/report of mescaline at an equipotent dosage, it would probably be difficult for someone to easily discriminate between the two without scrutinizing each report.

I feel that the psychedelic experience is very similar no matter what drug is taken. "You know, they all do sort of the same thing, rearrange what you thought was real." I believe Tim Leary said it. There's obvious differences in timeline, body load, or visual aspects. But, by just reading trip reports, you can't really tell how close one experience is to another. By just reading reports on DOC I thought it would be very close to LSD. Boy was I wrong.

On another note, escaline has me interested. Can anyone give me a proper timeline for it?

I would imagine the chemical analogy mescaline is to escaline as 2c-d is to 2c-e should be cogent. Though I have yet to taste escaline, it is fairly high on my to do list.

When it comes to comparisons such as these I think the individual in question may be more significant than the drug itself. Someone that's tripped a few times would probably say they're pretty much equivalent. However someone with a more sophisticated psychedelic palette could probably tease out a world of difference between the two. Much like while many of us may not be able to discern malbecs grown in different regions of Argentina, a seasoned sommolier would. All about frame of reference.

That being said I am looking forward to trying escaline in the near future. I've enjoyed mescaline &allylescaline, though I felt the latter a touch lacking in a couple areas. From what I've read it seems the ethoxy maybe a little more well rounded. I'm also quite curious about the "drunken" like state mentioned in PiHKAL & this thread.

The drunken-like state was not the disinhibition side of drunkenness, but the slight loss of balance, analgesia, relaxation and body sensation that being drunk induces. Walking wasn't impaired significantly, but it was noticeable to one's self that trying to walk in a straight line took a little bit more effort than usual.

I'm really surprised there hasn't been more activity in this thread, given that one of the most established and respected vendors in Europe has been carrying Escaline for at least a few weeks now.

I've not got much to add myself except to add some confirmation on the dose range. I tried 40mg at the weekend and was rewarded with barely threshold effects. A slight enhancement of colours and a very faint hint of movement in the grain of my wooden doors and that's about it. Noticeable after about 2 hours and gone a few hours after that.

Hopefully I'll have the chance to dose higher next weekend, I may jump straight to 60mg as I only have 1/4g to play with.

I have been lurking BL for about a decade and a half and FINALLY have something I can contribute to in any reasonable amount. I picked up a gram of Escaline and dissolved it into 200ml of vodka for liquid dosing purposes (the dissolution of which was almost instantaneous) and 250mg of Etizolam just in case the trip needed to be aborted or at the very least as a way to shorten the duration of the psychedelic dead zone after you are pretty much down but can't sleep for another hour or four.

In terms of my experience with other related substances, I have ingested mushrooms many many times, LSD in the area of 20ish times and 2c-i in the area of 10 times. I also partake regularly in any opiate or opiate like thing I can get my hands on but only oral or nasal ROA. I have a good amount of experience with MDMA, Metyhlone, DXM, Ketamine and Marijuana. Hopefully between all of that I can come up with some baseline comparisons!

Two subjects (myself and S) ingested 75mg of Escaline, I'm a male of about 240lbs, S is a male of about 160lbs. S recently went through a breakup and has been stressing a bit about an apartment he rents out to professionals that has suffered damage from the recent crazy weather, he seems to be taking everything well in stride but he had a previous large dose of acid (800mic) that went pretty badly off the rails a couple years ago so I do my best to make sure he is aware of what he might be signing up for. Given the few reports of this chemical indicating a fairly gentle effect on the psyche (and a common thread to most Mescaline reports), he felt confident that he is in a good enough head space.

Our plan for the evening is music for the come up (starting at 2100h), watch the movie Samsara at some point around peak, go outside for a walk if the peak is too much or after the movie if we are not too overstimulated and then crash out doing pretty much whatever we feel like. The first tingles of the come up start about 20 minutes after ingesting and by 2 hours we are pretty much fully feeling it. There is definite bodyload, but it is pretty minimal compared to other psychedelics, mostly slight indigestion, a feeling of not quite knowing what to do with yourself and not being able to find that nice comfortable spot to sit or stand and not feel like you need to readjust constantly.

My best point of comparison for the trip overall is a low to mid dose of 2c-i, similar enhancement of colours, breathing objects and super sparkly reflective surfaces but light on the visuals. To the plus, I always found 2c-i to be super stimmy and I would walk around my apartment in circles to expend the energy, not at all the case for Escaline, it had an almost depersonalizing effect. The euphoria was a true-er euphoria than 2c-i, felt more natural and whole so that was a plus. In terms of depersonalizing, I felt almost like the first small line of Ketamine, kind of pushed out of my body a bit, content to just sit back against a couch and let things happen.

A great use for this drug would be to watch the movies/videos/concerts/etc. that you see sober and think "that would probably be great to watch high" because it really enhances the visuals but leaves them intact (whereas a good dose of acid will render a movie you have seen a huge number of times almost unrecognizable at points). That said, Samsara was pretty awesome, also, despite the inability to really put forward any useful discussion, you stay in a pretty grounded head space. This was helpful for some of the more challenging scenes that might be slightly more traumatic on a strong psychedelic.

(four hours in, two hours of peak, 0100h) We decided to take a walk to the local gas station (probably 20 minutes while sober) and found that a good amount of the two feet of snow that had recently fallen had melted during the day and completely refroze into pretty much road length skating rinks. This made for a highly uncoordinated and rather hilarious hour and a bit walk to the store with plenty of stops to appreciate how awesome ice encrusted snow looked under a street light or to watch a solitary car drive slowly down a wide stretch of road. On a previous acid trip S and I had gone to a gas station to buy smokes and made it half way through the transaction until we both started laughing uncontrollably like maniacs and ended up just throwing money on the counter and running away due to the absurdity of the situation, S noted that this time we held our shit together through the transaction quite commendably.

Around 0500 we started feeling kind of tired and though still feeling generally pretty good, slight discomforts started becoming more apparent so I suggested we take some etizolam and ease out of it a bit. This was also my first time taking etizolam (also liquid dosing) and we took about 2.5mg each by dropper. It hit me like a truck (full of pillows) and within 20 seconds I was grinning like an idiot and feeling JUST fine. The trip back to the couch was sublime and for the first time since dosing I felt like I found a totally perfect position to hole up in to. We listened to music for another hour and a half as it had become even more amazing than earlier and then promptly fell asleep (easiest come down off a psychedelic I have ever had).

My major thoughts - Don't go in expecting anything more than one hit of acid or roughly 2.5g psilocybe at this dosage, it was on the weaker end by far of my psychedelic adventures. It is a hell of a lot easier than either of those, but the lack of challenge also seems to present a bit of a lack of reward (no epiphanies, and if anything, my thinking was more streamlined and subdued than when sober) and no brain shattering awe at my surroundings (though things admittedly looked quite pleasant). I really wish I had the chance to try Mescaline before this so I could compare directly to that (still waiting to find a place to grow my bridgesii). At this dose, totally pleasant and worthwhile use of a night, nice to have absolutely no thoughts that strayed to the dark side, no feelings of too much intensity, super easy psychedelic all around. The euphoria was really solid but it fluxed a bit with discomfort (which never got bad though, so the euphoria won out completely) and I think this substance makes a perfect enhancer to stimuli you already enjoy.

That said, I am looking to take this up step by step to 100, 125 and 150mg. If it is like my experience with 2c-i, the bodyload and side effects are reasonably similar between low and medium-high doses while the visuals and offbeat thought patterns increase significantly. Despite the difference in body weight, S felt pretty similar about his experience in comparison to mine, he is a bit of a hard head for substances though, but I would suggest (given that you are quite confident you have Escaline) skipping the 50mg-60mg zone. I have no real basis to see how this plays out as more people take it, but I feel like it will open up at higher doses and I think we might be looking at the 125-150 range (unfortunately, as that makes it significantly more expensive than when I considered that 50mg might be the magic dose). I really got a feeling like when I take a single hit of acid and think "hey, this is fun, easy, interesting, etc. but I can't wait to take two tabs next time and get 'there'". Also, with these novel chems, it can take a long time to find the sweet spot as many people rightly don't like to be the first to take the risk.

To the mods, this is definitely a trip report, I can move it over there if you would like and maybe write more of a quick summary here. I felt like this might be a good place to start though as there is SO little info about this substance and the great majority of it can be found in this thread. Please advize. Also, if anyone has any specific questions, I'll try to get back to you promptly.

Cracking report buddy, very helpful. Lets hope we see more reports from you!

I'm looking forward to trying this substance as I've always been interested in mescaline but have never gotten hold of it & am not fond of the idea of extracting it myself. It sounds to me as if this Escaline might be an interesting place to look for mescaline-like effects without the arsing around with extractions.

Very interesting!

You could do one better by leaving it in here, as it is a sparse thread, and posting it to Trip Reports, as I am sure they would love to see it too. Perhaps you could also do a little summary/conclusion for those short on time? Thanks for making the effort :)

Be bold, be brave. Be a fucking idiot, be brilliant.

Escaline Experiences:

edit: Please forgive my writing, I do not have time to proof-read and edit in fine detail but it should be coherent enough to understand and purposeful enough in content for enquiring minds to make use of.

Trial 1:
Dosage: approximately 62.5mg ( one portion of eye-balled 8 divisions of 500mg)

Experience: very mild but enjoyable trip, comparable with a lowdose of mushrooms or acid in intensity - say 1-2grams of shrooms or 1 hit of weak lsd. it took about two hours after dosing to feel what this chemical had to offer. noteworthy effects after the onset were visual distortions such richer, deeper colours and enhancement of lines on objects for example: faces appeared more defined by wrinkles, marks and such features. During during the peak of the experience (4-6 hours in) some melting/drooping of objects and subtle patterning.
As far as euphoria goes, there was a pleasant buzz throughout comparable with a weed high that gave the experience a positive glow but thoughts remained clear. Movies were enjoyable and easy to follow, food tasted excellent. The next day there was no hangover and I knew that it would take a larger dose of this substance to unlock any profound possibilities this drug has to offer.

Trial 2.0 :
Dosage: approximately 140 mg Escaline combined with about 100mg of 4-aco-dmt and 10 mgs of ativan.
Experience: first of all, this trial was an extremely reckless excersize in stupidity that I couldn't recommend with confidence, i've split it up in two parts as it took place over a period of about 20 hours - the second doses of each drug taken about halfway through. this was a very sloppy trial so specific details are not well defined. although i haven't experienced any adverse effects other than a difficult trip and a slight hangover the next day, i recognize the seriousness of not only taking a large dose of research chemicals but combining them is potentially very dangerous. with that said, i did discover the REAL sweet spot of escaline and my own limits with specifically 4-aco-dmt that i will respect.

the day started off by taking a conservative dose of 4-aco-dmt (approx 30mg) that i will not trip report as it is irrelevant to the escaline thread. it was about 4 hours into the initial 4-aco-dmt trip when I decided to redose because the effects were beginning to diminish and I hadn't finished the movie I was watching. this is where details get fuzzy as I was not recording notes, but I believe at this point i consumed an additional 100 mg of the 4-aco-dmt over the course of about 3 or 4 hours along with about 100mg of the escaline.

it wasn't until about the 3 or 4 hour point when the the trip got very difficult, it was very frightening. the nightmare effects were dissociation, confusion, delerium, delusions, paranoia, distracting/obstructive visuals and auditory hallucionations of the persecutory nature (the tv was bad-mouthing me). once the difficult effects began to take hold, i knew i was in over my head and tried to abort the trip by consuming 10 mgs of ativan to no avail. i simply lied in bed completely incapacitated for what seemed like an eternity. at the most intense part of the experience i was certain i had died and was in hell for eternity. once my awareness started returning bit by bit, the hell delusion faded away and i thought that i was just an incoherent vegetable - worried that i had lost all control of my body and uncertain of not only my own safety but the safety of others. although i knew i was in my bed there was a nagging paranoia that my body could very well be wandering around outside my apartment doing god knows what.

fortunately i had not left my bed, i had not injured myself or anyone else and after about 4-6 hours the majority of the difficult effects that had sent me to bed wore off. at this point, i was overcome with relief and a newfound appreciation of life and the psychedelic experience - this was my very first bonified plus four. i had now seen just how bad it could get and although i'm sure most people would've decided that's enough for the evening, the experience only provoked a kind of confidence in my ability to handle such a rough trip, my curiousity was peaked. this was shaman territory, i wanted to sail this ship a little further.

Trial 2.5:
Doseage: approximately 300 mg Escaline and approx 100mg 4-aco-dmt over a 10ish hour period.
Experience: very similar to trial 2.0, but the difficult effects were much less pronounced. the first half of the trial also provided a lot of insight which acted as tools for handling the troubling effects of the second half. to make a long story short, the confusion/delerium aspect of this trip subsided when the 4-aco-dmt wore off about 4 hours after taking what was maybe 100 mg and 4-aco-dmt and let's say 150mg Escaline, so i took an additional 150 mg of the escaline to enhance the tail end of the trip. this is where i discovered the brilliance such a large dose of escaline provides. the last 8 hours of this trip were so enjoyable, my visuals were like a cartoon version of reality but thinking was remarkably clear. there was intense euphoria and stimulation that prompted me to produce music and DJ for hours. music sounded amazing, i felt more alive than i'd felt in years. i fell asleep before the effects wore off and when i awoke the next day i felt a little off kilter, but nothing a few beers couldn't pacify.

Conclusion: Escaline's beauty will not be discovered with conservative doses under the 100mg range. my first trial of 60ish mg was very uneventful albeit enjoyable. my second trial ended up being a doseage of 440 mg in total and although it was difficult at times, i attribute the worst effects to combining it with such a large dose of 4-aco-dmt which ended up being an entire 250mg bag over the course of 24 hours. my instinct is that you can use very high doses (up to 440mg in my experience) of Escaline without severity or unwanted effects so long as you do not combine it with other drugs as i only experienced a mild hangover the next day even with the large dose of 4-aco-dmt factored into the trip. Don't take my word for it though, i will not be able to confirm this hunch until i am able to trial a large unadulterated Escaline trip - i promise to report my findings as soon as i am able to do some follow up trials. the immense enjoyability of the final 8 hours of my second trial has convinced me that taking doseages between 100mg - 400mg is a worthwhile endeavour with side effects no worse than a night out on mdma. thank you for reading, i hope my experiences will help inspire some confidence in apprehensive users of this relatively unexplored compound.

Moderator warning: These are incredibly high dosages, please do not attempt something like this. Instead titrate up until you find your sweetspot. ~Jesusgreen

Last edited by a moderator:
ruder, your doses seems extremely high, a lot of people report getting close to amnesia when getting past the 30 mg of 4-aco-dmt. Do you have experience with different batches? Your stuff might be cut.

Also, do you have a high tolerance to phenethylamines in general? I don't think everybody will get away from taking 300 mg of escaline unscathed.

I think it's the benzos that are accounting for the high doses, I always have to take ridiculously huge doses of psychs if I am on high dose benzos.

Could a low dose of this be nice for going out in a more public setting? A general mood lift and subtle effects.

Yes, it's possible. He also doesn't mention how long time there was between his trials, or if he had taken other psychedelics the days before.

to address your questions, i do not have a huge tolerance to these types of drugs
but the first trial of 60mg(ish) dose of escaline two days prior could have contributed to some tolerance in the second trial. like Jakeperson suggested, the second trial i had also been on ativan all day - probably 15mg in total.

i should also mention that i wasn't taking large doses of either the aco-dmt or escaline all at once, it was conservative doses taken gradually over the course of about 20 hours for the second trial. so i think all of these points may explain why i didn't experience side effects such as blackout/amnesia.

what i wanted to stress with my report was that 60mg or less doses of escaline is pretty much a waste of product and i don't imagine 70mg or even 80mg to be much better. taking 440mg over the course of 20 hours was way too much and i would not repeat the experience, i'm certain it is unnecessary to achieve a strong trip (not to mention dangerous). with that said, it did prove to me that escaline has the potential for a very potent and enjoyable psychedelic experience with larger doses and has intrigued me enough to follow up with future trials to find that "sweet spot".... i cannot say the same for 4-aco-dmt, i think i've seen all i want to see with that substance for quite a while - there is nothing left for me to learn about it.

my next esc trial is going to be 100mg, my hunch is that it will be enough to achieve the most desirable effects i remember from my last trip and low enough to maintain some semblance of safety. i'll let you guys know how it goes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info regarding your experiences. :)

I've added a warning to the bottom though given that these dosages are ridiculously high and well beyond any normal range for either substance.

I'd definitely recommend spacing the trips out and dosing less in one go if you want the best effects, it seems like you're using a lot just because you're dosing over a long period of time and because you're tripping rather frequently. I'd give it at least a couple of weeks before your next trial imo :)

Im looking to try this out tonight, if anyone can help I'm just wondering if escaline has much less anxiety during the experience compared to trypamines or any other psychedelic for that matter?

I tried 50mg of escaline dissolved in some whisky 3 hours after a 20mg dose of 4-ho-met, barely feeled anything. :/

I think the dosage should be more higher.

Well, obviously tolerance to pyches could be an issue! Even following 4-ho-met with Escaline may have coloured the experience. I find that psychedelics are particularly easy to tolerate & sometimes titration doesnt work because each dose is reducing the effectiveness of the next.

Trip reports on new compounds really should be relating to the activity of the new compound alone, not with other psyches involved & with known tolerance issues being brought into the equation!

Posts such as the one Jesus had to edit really could lead someone less experienced into making a very bad mistake!

Go easy with new compounds please people!