External links:

Subthreads:

Relevant Threads:

mFbHLg2.jpg

PREVIOUS THREAD
FIRST PAGE - LAST PAGE

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to be hogging this thread.

It is time for my next mescaline journey. This one will take place in an expansive sand dune desert a couple of hours from where I live, at night to avoid other people and the glaring summer sun. I'm taking a considerably larger amount than last time and tripping solo, which makes me a little wary, but I have a system worked out: bring a GPS and phone, follow the beach line and don't lose sight of the ocean, so provided I'm adequately prepared, not much can really go wrong.

Now fellow Bluelighters you have been so helpful before, I have a few more questions...

[Query redacted by user]

I plan to pulverise the cactus into powder with a coffee grinder, both for ease of transport and to try a new method of ingestion with minimal alkaloid loss. Does anyone have experience with this method? Is it easier to get down than just drinking it? I'm not intending to use gelcaps, just putting it on the tongue and following with water.

As ever, thanks for any and all replies.

Mescaline Vs. LSD

I have been trying to acquire some mescaline lately, and I was wondering for when I get it what would be a good starter dose for someone who is trying to get acquainted with the mind altering substance. Im a highly experienced tripper and have done many a drug, LSD being my favorite.
I'm sorry if this seems like a "what should I take" thread, but it is meant purely just so I can get some advice from experienced mescaline users.

Asking for a starter dosage isn't a "What should I take?" thread, so don't worry there. This would be best in the big Mescaline/Cactus thread though, so it'll likely be merged with that thread soon. However since you're still new, it's courtesy to let you reply first. :)

Thank you for the heads up and your kind consideration sir, and I think I might get better responses in the other thread anyways.

would 400mg of mescaline be a good starter dose if iv i have exp with oher psychelics

I'd always advise a more cautious starter dose than that for any drug, simply on principle - you don't know how you're going to react, and it's best to get to know the substance first. However, IF you have a safe reaction to it, 400mg ought to be fine for someone who's already experienced with psychedelics.

^I concur (first setence).
I was already very experienced with LSD, LSA, mushrooms and DXM before I had the opportunity to try mescaline. It's not like it's the grandpappy of psychedelics or anything, but it obviously has a whole different personality than what one might be used to expecting.

It is time for my next mescaline journey. This one will take place in an expansive sand dune desert a couple of hours from where I live, at night to avoid other people and the glaring summer sun. I'm taking a considerably larger amount than last time and tripping solo, which makes me a little wary, but I have a system worked out: bring a GPS and phone, follow the beach line and don't lose sight of the ocean, so provided I'm adequately prepared, not much can really go wrong.

how did your trip go ?? it sounds like a good setting, and GPS i always find fucking useful too

i ate some dried cactus i'd kept for a few months the other day, but i fucked up on predicting how things would turn out, the plan was to see this band on the other side of town, but it wasn't so easy, plus bad bad nausea. good closed eye visuals though, but they were mild. it was kind of like taking 20-60mg of MDMA with a tripped twist, i didnt want a big trip

i pottered about a forest the next day, in retrospect i should've eaten 2C-B that night and saved the mescaline for the forest

Kind of a screw-up. I ended up just boiling it again, but botched the operation and ended up with four cups worth of almost solid sludge. It took me two hours to get through two thirds of it, after which I gave up; it would have been easier to just eat it raw. The trip was mild and not worth driving three hours to the sand dunes for. However, some interesting things did happen and I would like to do it again someday, probably on mushrooms though.

The very first thing that happened when I started feeling the slightest effects was, I ran into someone I haven't seen in a long time... who lives six hours away. I was once this man's student in a cult, before he disappeared with a great deal of my money. It was very distressing to see him again, especially while I was tripping - I wanted to confront him, I'd been imagining doing just that for a long time, but I called a friend for advice and he reminded me that if things went badly, it would effect the trip and it could psychologically damage me. I had to let him go, but I got the bastard's number plate, and stared him in the eye as he drove away (I don't think he recognised me).

This whole episode really threw me, and I spent most of the trip feeling nihilistic and unhappy, but making the most of it. The desert was truly beautiful. Playing haunting ambient music under the stars was magic. In some parts, the dunes stretched on in all directions and it felt like being in the middle of the Sahara. I also listened to The Walk and Tick Tock by Gazpacho (prog rock songs about Antoine de Saint Exupery when he was lost in a desert) and it was amazing.

At one point I thought I saw a lighthouse off in the distance, and decided to spend the night heading towards it. As I got closer though, it turned out I'd been pursuing the headlights of cars that were driving around in circles on the beach. For a full hour I ran through the sparse shrubs, hiding behind what little cover I could find, as these 4-wheel drives came after me. I had no idea who they were or what they wanted. They might have been rescue workers, or kids who wouldn't mind beating the shit out of / killing some random guy wandering the sands, after all no one would ever find out... As it turned out, they hadn't seen me at all, but merely kept coming close to me by coincidence. I eventually realised they were just tourists on dune driving tours (in the middle of the night?!) but it was exhilerating all the same, literally running for my life while tripping.

I've decided to try again this week, staying at home this time, the drive just wasn't worth it. If anyone has tips on the best way to get down 18 inches of cactus, I'm all ears. :)

yes i've taken to simply blending raw cactus and eating that without the cooking shizz, i still get effects, i asked a police officer if he knew where to buy some crack cocaine. but i think fresh works better then dry cactus

you had sand dunes beaches and deserts !! i've been dreaming of moving to oceania recently, im in the city with horrifically brightly lit electric trains and concrete pavements. sounds fucking sweet tripping in the desert, i can only imagine the stars in the sky

sounds bad you bumped into that guy but good idea to have called a friend for advice. well i find, too, it can be difficult catching courage in situations under pressure. what you could do is make a big voodoo of him and then just burn it or something, burning man style, or find some way to get a sense of psychological closure from this guy

jesus you thought they were trying to kill you ? maybe it shows how much you want to live ! sounds like an adventure

as for eating it, you could cook it with food, i've seen some recipes on the internet i've been wondering about trying. one of them simply fried cactus chunks with spring onions ?? i think it's pretty open to experimentation to be honest. perhaps a mescaline sandwich !

EDIT: upon further reflection, i'd also like to push the idea that perhaps cactus alkaloids can continue to metabolize and be absorbed by the human body for a few days after you eat the cactus, in your digestion system. i ate a combination of three different organic trichaosaurus* at the same time which brought these kinds of aftereffects, and after seeing the erowid page of the different chemical makeups of the different cacti, i think i may be right
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_guide/cacti_guide_trichoce.shtml
so i think similarly to mild/noticable effects lingering with LSD, for hours, even days, the cactus can also facilitate something similar, but in a different kind of metabolic way

EDIT2: i'd also like to add i think mescaline is one of the most seriously valuable substances, moreso then MDMA and perhaps even moreso [or in a different way?] then LSD. it was both anne and sacha shulgins first trip, too ! but ofc PiHKAL readers may already know ... !

* spelt the way i like it to be spelt !

Last edited:
I'll need a quick response on this one if anyone could be so kind, as I'm boiling my cactus right now in preparation for tomorrow's trip. This is a redosing question, because I haven't been able to find much information on redosing mescaline.

I am boiling 18 inches. 8 of these inches are from the branch I used last time, so I know it's about average strength. I estimate I got down about 12 inches for 270mg mescaline last time; if the 10-inch branch is of similar potency, my 18-inch trip should give me about 405mg worth, a borderline strong trip according to Erowid. At the most, it probably won't be more than 500.

Now... I have 3 or 4 inches left over. If it doesn't reach the level I want, or if ~400mg turns out to be weaker than I was hoping, at what point is it too late to redose? I'm thinking of guaging how strong the trip is while I'm coming up, and if it's not enough, cutting up and eating the remaining 3 or 4 inches.

LSD and mushrooms have a cut-off point beyond which the trip doesn't get any stronger, just longer; that's why I'm asking.

huolesoh: Yeah it was a hell of an adventure, and I wasn't sure what they wanted but the worst-case scenario was they were thugs and they'd spotted me. Fortunately, neither turned out to be true. As for my former teacher - at least I got his number plate. I've tried many things to get over what happened, short of voodoo I must admit! - but ultimately I think getting my money back and exposing him in the process would be good closure.

The stars were great, among the most numerous and luminous I've ever seen them, and at 1a.m., the moon turned red-ish and sank under the horizon. I got minor visual activity when looking at the stars, could see demons mostly, and the face of God, which I haven't spotted since my second acid trip. On my THIRD acid trip, I saw deities of the Greek underworld. That was probably the coolest star effect I've ever had.

EDIT: A further question, because I've always been curious about this. People talk about taking legendary doses of LSD (700+ micrograms) or mushrooms (8+ grams), but one rarely hears the same for cacti. Is there a reason for that? Is a dose beyond 700mg of mescaline truly psychologically damaging or something?

I have found some information on redosing, the consensus is don't, but if you do, the two or three-hour mark would be the time. Apparently though it takes the trip in weird and unpleasant directions.

Last edited:
at what point is it too late to redose? I'm thinking of guaging how strong the trip is while I'm coming up, and if it's not enough, cutting up and eating the remaining 3 or 4 inches.

The first and only time I took San Pedro, I redosed about 1 hour and half after the first dose because we wanted more than a ++. ~1 hour later this second dose I was getting a deliciously strong full on +++. We ended taking 50g (dried) each instead of the 33g planned and it was perfect.

If anyone has tips on the best way to get down 18 inches of cactus, I'm all ears.

I gently boiled mine (it was dry, IDK if that make a difference) in acidic water for 2-3 hours and filtered it several times (first with a mesh than with cotton clothe). Then I putted it in the fridge until the next day. This way a lot of particles settled down in the bottom during the night and it was possible collect only the clearer liquid to consume (but we drank all of it eventually). If you can, it would be even better to let it sit 2-3 days in the fridge to let more of the particles settle down. It is easier to drink when it's cool too. I had a little bit of nausea but it wasn't that bad. My GF threw up but she's quite sensitive.

Last edited:
Damnit... mescaline, you win again... I got through anywhere from 10 to 15 inches before nausea made it impossible to continue. Currently swaying on the spot and waiting to throw up, then for a ++ trip, seems today is not the day to break through on mescaline either. :( So disappointed.

[returns after throwing up] Wow... I think that's the first time I've ever vomitted so hard it came out of my nose. Well, so much for redosing. I'm going to look up a simple extraction method.

[returns on the tail end of a... 6-hour trip?!] It appears that while I'm very sensitive to mushrooms, I'm not at all sensitive to mescaline... from now on, extracted mescaline only, and a minimum of 500mg of it. Used to be my favourite substance but I've felt underwhelmed of late.

Last edited:
[returns after throwing up] Wow... I think that's the first time I've ever vomitted so hard it came out of my nose. Well, so much for redosing. I'm going to look up a simple extraction method.

I would try drinking some ginger tea before you drink the cactus tea, it helps loads with my nausea. I would also recommend straining the tea through a t-shirt and then filtering through a coffee filter to remove any solid cactus, as solid cactus has always made my stomach upset.

[returns on the tail end of a... 6-hour trip?!] It appears that while I'm very sensitive to mushrooms, I'm not at all sensitive to mescaline... from now on, extracted mescaline only, and a minimum of 500mg of it. Used to be my favourite substance but I've felt underwhelmed of late.

I would recommend trying another type of cacti. A 12" by 3" cutting of T. Bridgesii has always given me stronger trips than the same amount of San Pedro or Peruvian Torch. I've done extractions with San Pedro and my yields weren't the best, if you want to try it then definitely go for it, but I much prefer the boiling and straining method. Extracted mescaline makes me much more nauseated as well, but I don't think this is the case with most people.

With regard to the ginger tea: it seems that the anti emetic substance is not water soluble, so drink it with the ginger pieces for more effect. I think its anti emetic effect was linked to galanolactone.

Definitely look into extractions if you can't stand the taste. Moreover, even crude extracts are so much more convenient and consistent than eating raw cacti. On the other hand, a part of the cacti experience is left out, but that depends on your preference.

Hope you're luckier next time :)

I always had a fantastic time eating a 12 inch t. bridgesii cactus, and I am no by no means a light doser. For comparison, I usually take about 30mg 2c-e orally, 35mg 2c-i, 100mg 2c-c, a little over an eighth of shrooms, 7mg + of DOC, etc...

But mescaline never made me puke, whereas literally all the other above substances have made me puked before. The bridgesii seemed to give me a more fully bodied and darker trip than a normal san pedro trip. I greatly preferred it.

I would try drinking some ginger tea before you drink the cactus tea, it helps loads with my nausea. I would also recommend straining the tea through a t-shirt and then filtering through a coffee filter to remove any solid cactus, as solid cactus has always made my stomach upset.

Thanks. I tried both of these, but I think the sheer amount of liquid was what made me throw up. I was also taking in orange juice and water to mask the taste. Straining through a T-shirt was a good way to keep it consistently liquid.

I'll keep an eye out for T. Bridgesii, but it won't be for another four months or so - the effort and cost I have to go to for an unreliable trip is starting to piss me off, so I think I'll stick to acid and DMT for a while. Also if the extract proves too difficult, I'm thinking of just drying the cactus, grinding it up into powder (or using a cheese grater?), putting the powder on my tongue and swallowing. Probably doesn't taste as bad that way, even if I do throw it up.

Man a couple of weeks ago I finally returned to Mesc after an almost year long absence and mixed it up with the best combo I've ever found. The feeling of peace was just so........unbelievable. I always forgot literally how fucking much mesc will add any trip, I guess since you never really see the bottom of many wells you consider that the bottom is just there somewhere but mescaline is like an infinite well of depth to say the very least. Of course I was granted the feeling of eternal connection. On mescaline i've always just felt so connected to every living being, I remember once when I sat under a gigantic oak tree to smoke a joint on a walk through the woods. The feeling was so much more than splendid. Simply gazing upon the tree I could feel its specific resonance, the mark its left on this Earth, how unbelievably long it must of been here to reach such heights and grandeur. I could feel that it must have witnessed and been around for some incredible events, it felt so old that it most likely was granted the gift to witness the Earth form around it(in terms of the land around it changing over the hundred years of its life). When I touched my hand to its was like an electrical charge specified with that trees energy ran through me. Ah theres nothing like good ol'Mesc. Probably be returning as soon as the times right.

. Also if the extract proves too difficult, I'm thinking of just drying the cactus, grinding it up into powder (or using a cheese grater?), putting the powder on my tongue and swallowing. Probably doesn't taste as bad that way, even if I do throw it up.

if you cant stomach the tea, ingesting a bunch of cacti powder is a sure way to purge