• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure of the mechanics behind this, but I find the full spectrum and "enhanced" products to be superior to the regular 5,10,15, and 20X extracts. I find the enhanced bali to be my personal favorite for both price ratio and potency. I am still very new to this though, and open to new ideas and products.
To me, this newly found natural product gives a sense of enlightenment. I now know that I have something available for help with my regular addictions and it makes the choice to switch that much easier- though it still takes a lot of work to keep the willpower.

I think the best thing with Krat is to dive into it with a clear sense of what it actually offers while using it as a substitute. If you think that Kratom will fill the "opiate void" completely and still be able to make you high, then you are mistaken. But, if you learn to appreciate and notice the subtle effects of the Kratom and dose right then you are on the right track. The switch will not be painless by any means- but it is much more feasible than using absolutely nothing.

I find that my sex drive remains constant with Krat, if anything it might even go up a little because of the stimulant effects. This is strange to me, since any other opiate completely kills my sex drive (I know with some it is the opposite). This is just another of the many unique traits that Kratom seems to have over other opiates. I think that things like this is what gives Krat its quality- it won't make you nod like Oxy, hydro, H, etc. but it will provide a unique experience all to its own.

There certainly is lots of variation, after all, we're dealing with various chemicals from within various samples of plant matter (as has been said before) although I feel all the different alkaloids work better with each other. I'm yet to try an isolate of one or the other.

I did, however, mainly because of this tread :p try a combination of 10mg hydrocodone (in the form of those lovely Norco 10/325s) and some 80x kratom extract from the vendor I've always purchased it from....a very nice combination, the antidepressant and almost stimulant effects of the kratom balanced nicely with hydro, and the opiate effects of it worked well with, well, the opiate effects of the hydro.

I did notice a lot more nausea than with either kratom or hydrocodone alone, and I've never experienced the opiate nausea people so often speak of....it would be interesting to compare the extract of kratom to the various isolates of its alkaloids and how they mix (or don't mix) with other opiates.

I know a lot of people have good experience (and I'm one of them) using kratom to stop opiate WD dead in its tracks...but...how about using it in combination with your favorite opiate? :D

*just a quick note*

The guidelines forbidding vendor and source discussion apply to ANY drugs legal or illegal. When in doubt, think of it this way- there is no reason to even mention the terms 'vendor' or 'sources'. These can be used without violating guidelines such as "quality will vary by vendor" but statements like these add nothing to the conversation and just encourage PM sourcing which is also not allowed.

If there are any questions, please review the guidelines and feel free to PM any of us staff if there are any questions.

^in my (admittedly limited) experience, I find the above to be true. When I did this I was only able to get '0' sized pills which only hold about 300-400mg of kratom a piece so it took a lot but filling them and consuming them was still preferable over any other methods to me. I found 18 of these kratom pills (~6 grams) to be equal to about 30mg of hydrocodone with what I was using but keep in mind there is a lot of variance.

Thanks for the info, glad i was right. Extracts are way to expensive for me to bother with right now.

Do you, or does anybody else know if 00 pills are twice the size of 0, or if the difference isn't as big? I don't have a scale and don't have the extra money currently.

^0 is 1/2 as big as 00 and 0 is 1/3 as big as 000.

With the kratom I used it worked out very conveniently... 0 holds almost exactly 1/3 of a gram and 000 hold almost exactly a gram.

Awesome, that's exactly what i was hoping for. Thanks.

If 6grams (of what you were working with) was about equal to 30mgs hydrocodone, i wonder how much bupe is equivalent to 30mgs hydro.

How long can i expect 1 dose to provide relief from withdrawal; Will it be about the same length of time kratom normally lasts or diminished due to tolerance?

And if anybody has used it for bupe taper, would it be more effective to go cold turkey off .5mgs and taper with kratom, or to continue my bupe taper and use kratom to supplement the withdrawal. My main interest is being off in a timely manner, i have about a month to be bupe free - but nothing is more important than doing it right and successfully. I can deal with an extra week or 2. It just seems like continuing bupe taper with kratom supplementation would be way more long and drawn out, almost counter productive. But i could be wrong.

Last edited:
^pegaus would be the expert on this subject as he used kratom to transition off of bupe so hopefully he can comment.

I'm not sure what bupe dose he jumped off of but I believed he was held relatively well on 2 daily doses of 8 grams.

I went cold turkey off 2mg's and straight to Kratom at about 12g's twice a day. I imagine it'll be even easier if you go at .5. It really was a pretty smooth transition even at 2mg. I just don't know if the Kratom ends up extending the withdrawal because I haven't stopped since.

IME kratom works great to get off bupe. I stopped bupe @ around 1-2mgs a day and used 6-10 grams of kratom once or twice a day.

For me bupe withdrawal is always fucking terrible and kratom definitely took the edge off. Bupe withdrawal seems like it lasts wayyyy too long and I don't feel like kratom extended the withdrawal too much. It probably has some effect but staying sane was more important to me than an extra couple days of withdrawal.

Kratom definitely is strange... I bought 100g about 2 years ago, before I had tried any opiate, and I took between 6-8g per night for over a week. Each time, it was mindblowingly powerful. The final night I took 10g, and to this day, that remains the highest I've ever been in my life. The first 4 hours or so feels like you're on speed, then suddenly that fades away and you sink into a 4+ hour nod. I didn't know what "nodding" was back then, so it really blew my mind and caught me off guard. This was crushed bali leaf btw. And I tried it both by swallowing the leaf, and by making tea and straining/filtering it, and either way seemed just as good.

Fast forward 8 months. I ended up with a ~50mg/day Oxy habit. Then I got clean. After 30 days clean, I bought more of the kratom. Same exact listing, same kind, same amount, etc. I simply reordered more. Well let me tell you... It didn't do ANYTHING. Nada. I kept trying higher and higher doses each day, and nothing ever happened. The final night I got frustrated and ate the remaining 60g all at once, and still nothing. So I ended up getting a refund from the seller.

To this day, I wonder if it was a bad batch, or maybe it's just that kratom doesn't work if you've ever been addicted to opiates. I get the feeling it's the latter. Btw, I ultimately ended up with a 50mg/day hydromorphone + 50mg/day dexedrine habit, and that still didn't compare to the first time I tried kratom. I'm left thinking that kratom, with no tolerance or opiate history, is pretty much the strongest drug you can buy. Oh how I wish I could turn the clocks back...

Kratom definitely is strange... I bought 100g about 2 years ago, before I had tried any opiate, and I took between 6-8g per night for over a week. Each time, it was mindblowingly powerful. The final night I took 10g, and to this day, that remains the highest I've ever been in my life. The first 4 hours or so feels like you're on speed, then suddenly that fades away and you sink into a 4+ hour nod. I didn't know what "nodding" was back then, so it really blew my mind and caught me off guard. This was crushed bali leaf btw. And I tried it both by swallowing the leaf, and by making tea and straining/filtering it, and either way seemed just as good.

Fast forward 8 months. I ended up with a ~50mg/day Oxy habit. Then I got clean. After 30 days clean, I bought more of the kratom. Same exact listing, same kind, same amount, etc. I simply reordered more. Well let me tell you... It didn't do ANYTHING. Nada. I kept trying higher and higher doses each day, and nothing ever happened. The final night I got frustrated and ate the remaining 60g all at once, and still nothing. So I ended up getting a refund from the seller.

To this day, I wonder if it was a bad batch, or maybe it's just that kratom doesn't work if you've ever been addicted to opiates. I get the feeling it's the latter. Btw, I ultimately ended up with a 50mg/day hydromorphone + 50mg/day dexedrine habit, and that still didn't compare to the first time I tried kratom. I'm left thinking that kratom, with no tolerance or opiate history, is pretty much the strongest drug you can buy. Oh how I wish I could turn the clocks back...

I would take a guess that it was probably a combination of the tolerance you had built and the quality of the product. I know that the Kratom is trippy. It seems like when Im really looking forward to its effects and I take my usual does- I am dissapointed. On the other hand, I will be ready to be dissapointed at other times, and the same dose ends up making me feel wonderful. Absorbtion and BA are a major factor when it comes to Kratom- maybe even more so than with other opiates. I may be wrong here, but wouldn't tinctured extracts open up a whole new ball game? But, the problem is that a good amount of Kratom users also have experience in other opiates- so a large amount of the alkaloids are needed for a desired effect. This fact would rule out tinctures as being an economical choice for most. Has anyone tried one of these tinctures or other high power extracts? If so, what is your comparison to normal extract/leaf material?

above question seconded.... I've NEVER tried anything but the crushed bali, although friends have, and they said it was like any other opiate (not very descriptive, thats why I want more anecdotal evidence)

You definitely can use kratom after other opiates. I have been up to pretty high daily doses of a few potent opiates, and I still get fairly strong effects from kratom. It is somewhat of a subtle of a drug in the first place, and so if you used it first before any other opiates, you are essentially having your "virgin" opiate experiences with kratom. Once your body begins to familiarize itself with opiates, a bit of that magic feeling leaves and never fully comes back.

After abusing opiates, kratom in particular will seem mild as it is simply not as abusable in it's current form. Further development of the alkaloids in kratom could possibly yield an opioid that can be dosed up to high levels like with the classical opiates.

I can deal with an extra week or 2. It just seems like continuing bupe taper with kratom supplementation would be way more long and drawn out, almost counter productive. But i could be wrong.

It will not extend the w/d period by much at all, if any. It will certainly make those 2-3 weeks more manageable, yet 2-3 weeks is exactly what you'd be facing coming off of bupe anyways, and those 2-3 weeks are pretty rough without another opiate to help step down. Kratom is certainly going to extend the w/d period less than something like codeine, or even loperamide...

Hi, new here and need help. where do you get your kratom? Someone said the capsules were best, does it work as good as the teas? Really need help, been on oc for almost 5 years now but I have a son and need to get off and get my life back. Can you help by letting me know where I can get it? there are so many places on the web, don't know which ones to trust. thx.

Lakiera, Unfortunately Kratom is a "drug", legal or not - and there is no discussion of sources for drugs allowed on this website, nor links to other forums which do allow source discussion. However you will be able to find plenty of information concerning which strain to buy, what dose to take, and taper information. Try posting in the Kratom Thread with any questions you may have, i just recently received loads of help after posting in that thread. You might also want to read the OD Posting Standards, just so you don't end up breaking any rules, this website is after all, a valuable resource. ;)

Good luck. :)

Merged into kratom thread...

Kratom is legal in much of the world, and so obtaining it should not be too difficult with a bit of searching...

Status
Not open for further replies.