View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What LSD Taught Me

thizzbiscuit

Greenlighter
Ever since I tripped on LSD, I have had this huge appetite for knowledge in all subjects, mainly math and physics type.

I also look at everything in a mathmatical-analytical-organized way, its almost as if my brain operates like a calulator.

What did LSD teach you?
<3

Too many things to name :)
But one major thing is to question your reality and to try and figure out how to break new ground with my mind besides the usual CEV's and OEV's.

Ever since I tripped on LSD, I have had this huge appetite for knowledge in all subjects, mainly math and physics type.

I also look at everything in a mathmatical-analytical-organized way, its almost as if my brain operates like a calulator.

What did LSD teach you?
<3

thats exactly what happened to me. I never used to care much for learning/building knowledge growing up so its been a positive change. thank you lsd!

That being a genuine person, and being true to yourself, is underappreciated.

You're not going to get anywhere putting all of your energy into constructing a facade of the person you wish you were.

Hmm. It's definitely reinforced a lot of notions and suspicions I already had. The themes of things like good vs. evil and a collective consciousness come into play into my trips a lot. Granted, I don't use my trips as hard evidence for any kind of beliefs, but they're definitely in the back of my mind when I think of certain ideas.

It also definitely emphasized how contrived most of our actions are.

LSD has taught me that I should not believe in some something just because I have seen it or experienced it.

I can't think of one thing that I actually know that LSD didn't teach me, or at least validate.

LSD showed me artistic inspiration and a beautifal myriad of colors and patterning.

LSD has taught me that our perceivable reality is a paradox created by symbiotic contrast. Change is the only constant. The answer is there is no answer. We are all one and infinity is a singularity.

Are you lot sure you didn't already think these things and the feeling popped into your head while tripping.. magnifying it's validity / importance?

I mean.. I go through this thread and I already know the things that people are saying they have been taught by LSD.. and I have NEVER been taught anything from psychedelics.. sure it can make me think about something i already know a bit more but nothing i didn't already know comes out of if?

Are you lot sure you didn't already think these things and the feeling popped into your head while tripping.. magnifying it's validity / importance?

I mean.. I go through this thread and I already know the things that people are saying they have been taught by LSD.. and I have NEVER been taught anything from psychedelics.. sure it can make me think about something i already know a bit more but nothing i didn't already know comes out of if?

That sucks for you man.

in order to contribute to the thread I will say that I have learned so many things about my nature as a human and my personality etc.... stuff I cant really explain on a message board....

LSD taught me that I don't exist, so there's nothing for me to worry about. It was such a relief!

I've often struggled to put into words, or find some sort of analogy as to what kind of long-lasting effect psychedelics has on you, and I've found this to be the best one:

The fish is the last thing to learn about water. It swims in it all day and night, and knows of nothing else. So, when the fish crawls out of the water for a brief moment, and looks back at it and realizes its existence, he's touched in a large way and will never forget about water, and the fact that there is something else besides.

People are conditioned to believe in one reality, the one they live in. So when they take LSD and see an alternate reality or even the doorway to one for a few hours, they can never forget for the rest of their lives that there is more out there than what they can perceive.

I was able to explore ideas of death and change and such fearsome things. And realize dualities that exist for and through each other. To accept the intrinsic natural processes that are to be justified (we all want this) or at least embraced and understood as inevitable, timeless, infinite, beautiful, *terrifying*, intangible, I'll never be able to pin it down because the moment I do I see there's nothing really there, or that it loses it's charm when I'm not chasing it.

I mean this was all inside me from the start and it is somewhat unfortunate that I mostly use psychedelics to enhance and clarify these ideas... but it is what it is. And I keep changing... one of these days:)

LSD has taught me that our perceivable reality is a paradox created by symbiotic contrast. Change is the only constant. The answer is there is no answer. We are all one and infinity is a singularity.

Similar to mine.

Thing is almost none of this really came into my head the first time I dosed. But over the next few months I just came to "know" these things through experiences in sober life. Incredible molecule :)

Kind of similar... gave me an ascetic appreciation for things and really made me fall in love with simple things like trees when hallucinating in many ways looking like paintings.

everything is interesting!

appreciation of single moments as well, moments that i'll always remember and find value in.

also some deep stretching sessions that really got me in cue with my body!

I smoked DMT - the next day took LSD/MDMA and for the first time was able to enter a hyper-dimension where all was one..... No-one will believe me

Similar to mine.

Thing is almost none of this really came into my head the first time I dosed. But over the next few months I just came to "know" these things through experiences in sober life. Incredible molecule :)

Integration is key. My understanding has grown through further experiences and some 9 or so years of integration lol. Still realizing more everyday.

It's nice to see empirical evidence of the paradoxical nature of reality through quantum physics such as the double slit tests showing that electroncs act as waves and particles as well as light wave/particle duality and wave function probability.