• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hi all, always reading but first time posting

Aline328

Greenlighter
Hi, 49 yr old woman here, tried meth 2 years ago and am now a heavy user, 2 grams a week. Can't seem to get off this shit on my own, but no way I can go to rehab. I've read about kratom being helpful but can't seem to get a straightforward answer on what to expect, what strain I should use, how much, etc. I also have ADHD and am unmedicated so it affects differently it seems. Any knowledge you're willing to share would be most appreciated .

Last edited:
Hey I am 25 from Cali been clean from crystal 6 months. Weed, kradom or getting a lighter stimulant prescribed for you adhd May help with cravings and help you ease down. How are you though? Are you able to keep a job and a place to live? Let me know if you find something that works!

Welcome to Bluelight Aline328 - Glad to have you.

Meth is a beast of a drug. I give you props for being so proactive in wanting to get off of it. Here are some places you may like to check out: The Dark Side for support from others having issues with addiction, and Sober Living to help maintain any progress you've made. There is also a Kratom Mega Thread that you may be interested in: http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/814554-Kratom-Megathread-V-6.

These sub-forums and threads can offer a lot more than i can, so i urge you to check them out!

Best,
madness00

You know, I'm doing suprisingly well. I hold down a job (I work from home but it's a legit job), help take care of my father, no one knows I've even tried meth. I've gained 30 pounds while on meth (which I thought was strange, as most people lose weight I thought), I'm more productive, mood is better for the most part. Only one person (besides the folks here at Bluelight now) know of my addiction, that's my boyfriend. I'm just an average, middle aged, middle class, pre-menopausal woman with two grown sons and a granddaughter If you were to tell my family that I am addicted to meth, they would call you a liar, I know they don't suspect, because they're not the type of people who would have any problem confronting me if they even suspected. But this can't go on forever, I will get caught eventually, whether it be by my family or police. I have avoided going to the doctor, because I have been down that road, going every month for a new prescription, always in the process of changing medications or adjusting medications without ever really getting it right. Since I have ADHD I am a procrastinator from hell, putting off or conveniently forgetting important tasks, (like going to the doctor), so I was constantly missing my appointment and running out of meds. But you are right, I do need to go and get re-established with a doctor and get back on the meds. As I said, I heard Kratom was good for the withdrawal symptoms (I'll have to come off this crap at home and be as if nothing is going on and I'm not feeling like I'm dying, so family won't suspect). I've also heard CBD oil is donig wonders for withdrawing. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Meth doesn't discriminate.

I'm glad you're doing well in other aspects of life - And i can see how it might be self medication for ADHD.

But be safe my friend!