Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug Bust In Melbourne 05/09/03

evygirl

Bluelighter
Just heard that there was a major drug bust in Melbourne. 11 places busted, quite a large amount of pills taken.

Anyone heard anything further

No i havnt heard anything about it.

Were did u hear it from?? and do u know which areas of Melbourne?

If someone finds a article on the web could you please post it or the address, thanks. :)

I hope they were dodgey speed/k/bunk pills.
If there good quality MD** pills i'll be pissed off though, ATM theres alot of good pills around and don't want this to spoil it.

12 nabbed in $1m drug raids
September 5, 2003 - 1:27PM

Police arrested 12 people and seized drugs with a street value of $1 million during a series of dawn raids across Melbourne suburbs today.

Detective Inspector Robert Hill said 11 men and one woman were being questioned by police following the raids in Frankston, Langwarrin, Newport, Armadale, St Kilda, Elwood and Clayton.

Speaking to reporters outside an Armadale apartment where three people were arrested, Det Insp Hill said the drug haul included ecstasy, amphetamines and cannabis.

He said about 60 members of the Major Drug Investigation Division and regional police had been working on the investigation since late last year.

"This investigation relates to the trafficking of ecstasy," he said.

"During the course of this morning's raids police have located a number of illicit drugs including ecstasy, amphetamines and cannabis and there's been cash seizures."

The amount of cash was not immediately known.

Police also seized property including a yellow Monaro car and put caveats on the sale of any real estate owned by the suspects.

Det Insp Hill warned people about the danger of taking ecstasy.

"Ultimately, it can cause death," he said. "And there's been occasions where it's caused severe brain damage."

Today's raids followed the Australian Federal Police's seizure of 1.5kg of ecstasy worth $1 million from a Melbourne home on Wednesday after a tip-off from Belgian customs officials.

From: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/09/05/1062549004440.html

BigTrancer :)

Hummmmmmm...

Good to see that Ins. Hill has warned the youth of Australia that taking ecstasy causes brain damage and utimately leads to death.

Perhaps his enlightened view could be refocused toward Tobacco and Alcohol.

I once heard that these can lead to cancer, brain damage and death.......or perhaps it's just something I just heard.

:\

actually I think he was misquoted and his comments where in relation to driving the Holden Monaro ... 8)

They looked like Supermen on TV, redish ones and green ones.

Apparently the tip off came from Belgium authorities.

Looks like more of a small bust to me. $1mil of ecstasy, amphetamines and cannabis isn't much at all....considering the way the government and media price drugs.

MOTOMAN said:
Looks like more of a small bust to me. $1mil of ecstasy, amphetamines and cannabis isn't much at all....considering the way the government and media price drugs.

Fuckin oath, to bust 12 people in at least 7 seperate locations and only come up with a media figure of $1 million says to me that they fucked up and were shooting lower in the food chain than they expected. Hmmmm, there was a bust in my suburb, I better go check on some of my mates ;) (j/k)

The Collingwood FC Merchandise Manager is part of it all!!!

And has been remanded in custody over the weekend!!!

Looks like she'll lose her job!!

I'll try and find a link to the article!!!

I

I know the guy that got busted in Aspendale yesterday (the driver of the Monaro). A really nice bloke, the media has made him to look like a "kidnapping drug dealer type", but he isnt.

Anyway, he'll do his punishment like he says he would and will come out the other side a better person I hope.

Oh, and the pills were 90% of the time MDMA ones too, which makes it all the worse :)

This is a pretty small bust. i doubt it will have any effect on the supply unless you either live i the area where the pills were seized or your pills are realted to these dealers.

Yeah this is just a pissy bust probably by local cops who were tipped off.

They make it out like some huge big bust to make themselves look good, that's about it.

The article states that he was selling drugs over a period of time. Sounds like an inside job, perhaps an informant. They got lucky with this one... Makes an example to everyone else though.

Stay safe...
Don't let unkown people into your home where you have drugs. Deal carefully and don't go bragging about the large ammount of deals you do to unknown people.

Just think before you act. :/

^^^^
well someones gotta do it!

and that doesnt mean that i do