Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

possible eye damage from pills

Status
Not open for further replies.

off my pickle

Bluelighter
ok heres a question i have pondered for a while.

it is well known that eye pupils contract when hit by light and dilate in poor light, so to allow as much light onto the retina as possible in poor lighting conditions.

now throw pills into the mix, your pupils go HUGE. ur dancing with strobes goin off, lasers hitting u and even just normal light in the chill out area at raves.

is it possible that the retina is being put under massive amounts of stress from light while dialated when rolling?

My eyes are weird! I get pretty cool eye wobbles, but 1-2 weeks after i can still make them slightly wobble :S just by slightly crossing my eyes and looking at something. Maybe cus i liked the wobbles so much? :S

Makes sense to me. More light reaching the retina coupled with a slow constriction response would definitely increase damage from lasers IMO. I know the years of playing with my 150mW blue tube seemed to impact heavily on my sight at the time. A close up blast without goggles on left you partially blinded for hours.

I've never felt completely comfortable with powerful lasers in club environments, but like most things bad for you, attraction of the experience can often seem to outweigh concerns for personal wellbeing 8)

A mate of mine - who was a heavy, heavy user for a few yrs - said that whilst getting his eyes checked the Doc asked him if he used illicit drugs.

Apparently the doctor suspected this because of tiny ruptured blood vessels in the eye.

I have wondered about this too, mostly with dilated pupils when observing the headlights of cars... I gather retinal damage is a possibility, but not sure of how high the risk is.

What about the possibility of aggravating glaucoma? In protocols for MDMA clinical trials (see www.maps.org) and in several references on Erowid and the wider internet I have read that MDMA is contraindicated in subjects with glaucoma (and several other medical conditions unrelated to the eyes). I gather this has something to do with increased intraocular pressure due to vasoconstriction-related blood pressure elevations... but haven't had time to look further at this stage.

BigTrancer :)

pinkanga said:
A mate of mine - who was a heavy, heavy user for a few yrs - said that whilst getting his eyes checked the Doc asked him if he used illicit drugs.

Apparently the doctor suspected this because of tiny ruptured blood vessels in the eye.

Maybe the doctor was talking about weed, and you friend's bloodshot eyes?

I have had really blood shot eyes a few times after taking pills. Not sore, simply bloodshot. Do often go to places with lots of lasers tho so may explain it

^^^ 100% correct. It's my pleasure to finally make a positive comment about something you said :)

No matter how peaking you are, in bright light, your iris will behave normally.

strobes sorta make me feel sick when im peaking, and make my eyes go spazzz... surely rapidly expanding/constricting your pupils will be doing some damage...

also ive noticed there are little black spots in my irises, when i put a torch on them, they look like little rips in my iris... ive heard that these are chemical deposits caused by drugs????

well if any1 knows anything about eyes, i have these white crescent moons on the inside of both iris'. its like the colour was rubbed off or something!?

Luven it said:
I have had really blood shot eyes a few times after taking pills. Not sore, simply bloodshot. Do often go to places with lots of lasers tho so may explain it

Blood shot eyes may not be from the pills you are taking, but from the smoke, dust, talcum powder, etc. that you may find floating in the club's air?

SkiNLaB, I also have these crescents around the edge of my iris. In iridology, they are considered a sign of liver/kidney congestion, although they alone do not indicate damage to the liver. From my limited understanding of the subject, I believe they are considered to be an early warning sign.

With the type of crescents I have, conventional science/ medicine(optometry/ ophthamology) see these cholesterol and calcium deposits as being harmless to the sight in young people (even the not so young like me apparently). From speaking with my optometrist, they are generally ignored unless the patient is aged 60+, when it is considered that these lipoproteins can affect sight. If you look at the physiology of the eye, noting the role of the "Canal of Schlemn" (sinus) which circulates the "Limbus" (the outer darker boarder of the iris) you should get picture of how such deposits can occur. Crescents <10mm diameter are often associated with nearsightedness (myopia) but can also be connected with other eye disorders.

As to how permanent these marks are; even if you manage to control your levels of LDL (low density lipoproteins) these crescents will be unlikely to change over time. From first noting one in my left eye in 1987, mine have actually advanced to where they almost form circles.

Interestingly, last year I had an ultrasound to check abdominal integrity. The radiographer thought she saw a fatty liver, but upon closer inspection said no. But there was contrast between my liver and right kidney which can indicate the condition, normally seen with those suffering liver disease. Triacylglyceride levels came back fine and my concerns were dismissed by my doctor. But I can't help wondering if there could be connection between all this, perhaps signalling a warning for the future. I know my intake of fatty foods and drugs is decreasing as I get older, and such reminders will undoubtedly serve to hasten the process.

If you are concerned by these deposits then get an eye examination and a routine physical. Some pigmentations can represent degeneration due to other diseases or genetic factors, so it's certainly worth finding out what condition you have.

If occult science is within your sphere of credibility; many schools of magic associate these marks with special qualities of the magician. Depending upon the appearance, some teachings also depict some such marks to be elementaries -man created entities- which attach themselves to a persons mental sphere of consciousness. Some are considered benign, others are purposeful and usually destructive.

To properly rid oneself of these, one must locate the source -creator- of the elementary and ask him/her to destroy the entity (not to be confused with elementals - mentally created spirits from a single element, limited in purpose and with no ability to act on their own). It is often found that it was not the desire of the magician to have his elementary inflict trouble, but if an elementary is not destroyed following completion of it's purpose, they are known to roam, attach themselves to unwary hosts and cause all manner of mischief and ill ease.

So put your mind at ease and go see a magician, an optometrist or a doctor, or all three 8o

talcum powder: on the dance floor maybe? I didn't think that was done much these days, but break dancing could definitely benefit from it I guess.

SkiNLaB said:
^ talcum powder!?

Back in my day, punters used to cover their space on the dance-floor with talcum powder to make it slippery and easier to dance on.
Don't you kids do that anymore?
Or is this just a Melbourne thing for the Melbourne shuffle?

wow, thanks for the info, i definatley need 2 see a doctor and get EVERYTHING checked, i havent been for years, and i have general sense of *crap* feeling, all my muscles up and down my back and neck feel SO tense and sore, and my neck cracks horribly, and now it looks like i have some weird eye problem. woe is me.

hmm talcum powder hey, id love 2 dance on a more slippery surface, i want to buy slippery shoes, the slipperyery the better

Status
Not open for further replies.