Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

pill talk......

SmEg

Bluelighter
hey guys just readin thru the reports again and ive noticed a few bad reports on pills........with one common factor.....the smell.....good mdma pills do have that aniseed smell.....i think the producers of fake pills have caught on and are probably adding the shit to pills....aniseed liquour that is or something along those lines to really confuse us.....i dunno sounds far fetched?..always test ya pills but if its true these fuckers will stop at nuthin to rip us off.....
laterz people

Yeah it's another reason to rely on the test results. Smell is not a strong enough indication to tell you whats in it.

BigTrancer :)

For sure. Some of the good pill I've had in my time have had no smell at all. I put this down to a good synthesis and proper cleanup of the product. I think the aniseed smell is more likely from unreacted saffrole oil.

Ohh, my kindom for my very own hplc.

Cuddles :)

You can buy aniseed oil at any good fishing shop.

I use it to mix with the berley when out chasing Bream.

It is very powerful smelling and you only need a single drop for a whole bucket of berley.

I agree that this is what ios happening and the smell of a pill should not be considered as any indication of its contents.

I had some a few months ago that reeked of it and turned out they were just speed bombs.

Have a look at the attached image below which is data taken from Dr. Cate Quinn's of the Victorian Police presentation on a breakdown of what is in methamphetamine pills over the last few years. There is an emerging trend to add safrole to the pills to give it the MDMA smell which could fool people by just smelling it. This is of the siezed pills that the Victorian Police test so does not give a completely accurate sample. It is still interesting and highlights the need to test with a chemical reagent rather than by some other means such as smell.

Attachments

• safrole.content.in.methamphetamine.pills.png
    safrole.content.in.methamphetamine.pills.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 121
well done cowboy.......good to know.....also like cuddle said could the smell come from bad synthesis and cleanup.....?? or is it a fact thats the smell u get when proper mdma is created?......

nearly all good MDMA pills i've seen smell like aniseed, thats what MD smells like, i don't think it's got anything to do with the synthesis.

But, i've also seen some pills that smell strong of aniseed but are shit. So like psychadalic paisly said the only way to knoe is too test.
There's alot of money involved in making/dealing pills and alot of people want a piece

Pure MDMA powder has NO smell!

Just like pure methamphetamine has no smell.

Smell comes from volatile precursors - safrole, isosafrole and MD-P2P which all have the potential to be found in illicit MDMA pills.
Even minute amounts will give off a sassafras type smell - some confuse this with aniseed.

MDMA is made in this sequence:

Safrole --> isosafrole --> MD-P2P --> MDMA

So as i said, all could be present, in amounts reflecting that progression. Safrole smell is actually likely to be isosafrole. MD-P2P would also have a powerful smell, a bit more fruity perhaps like all ketones. MD-P2P was used in the perfume industry if i remember correctly and safrole used as a fragrance in soaps before being found to be carcinogenic.

PMA is produced from antheole or anisaldehyde and this has a far greater aniseed smell.

Forget smell - its a silly, stupid indicator of what may lie beneath.

The presence of safrole, isosafrole and MD-P2P will all cause the tester to give a purple-black reaction - it will not be identical to that found with MDMA, but for the untrained eye it could fool someone.
Its likely though that the reaction will not be a strong one - that is you will not turn your reagent all purple-black - u would just get streaks through the reagent.

Cowboy Mac: what are those graphs actually indicating - the number of methamphetamine pills with OTHER ingredients? So they all contain meth and thus the pie piece that says NONE are the pills that are only meth?
If so it means the quality of meth pills is improving except of course for the people who are fooled by those ones containing safrole. These are likely to react orange first and then show some tendency to turn purple-black as the reaction progresses.

Last edited:
smell my shit

^^^^^^good work mate.

smell is no indication of quality..........rather an indication of poor manufacturing or a marketing ploy to fool the foolish.

100% mdma, just like table salt, should have no smell. any residual 'smell' is an indication of an incomplete manufacturing process or a ploy to deceive the foolish.

SMELL IS NO INDICATION OF QUALITY

Let's just say there is only one way to test the quality of your pills by using your nose...

Better yet, buy a tester.