Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: [The Herald Sun] 27/08/2003 - Police left with drug raid overdose

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Police left with drug raid overdose
By MARK BUTTLER
27 Aug 2003

POLICE were ordered not to raid big drug crops because of a shortage of storage space.

Officers at Sunshine in Melbourne's west were told they should not execute warrants on large hydroponic marijuana set-ups in their area.
An order sent to 55 officers at the station stated the order would apply until further notice.

"At present the property office is so full we are unable to store any more," the memo states.

The police force last night said after the ban was revealed that the order was no longer valid.

But Police Association secretary Paul Mullett said the situation was nonsensical and should be of great concern.

"It's a really good example of how under-funded and under-resourced Victoria Police is," Sen-Sgt Mullett said. "This should not occur."

Opposition police spokesman Kim Wells said it was bizarre that criminals could be given even a few days' grace. "It is absolutely critical that as soon as police locate illegal drug manufacturing that it is shut down because the equipment can be moved in hours," Mr Wells said.

A Victoria Police spokeswoman said the order lasted just two or three days.

She said the ban followed a drug crackdown filling the station's property office with seized drugs and equipment.

"There was no effect on any drug operations," the spokeswoman said.

A spokesman for Police Minister Andre Haermeyer said he had been assured the ban order would not happen again.

Story here

I'm sure the Bluelight community could get together and make an approach to Victoria Police to help them clear the property office of pot and other recreational drugs. Sure it's going to be hard work but I think we're community-minded enough here at Bluelight to offer assistance to our brothers in blue with something that Bluelighters do best (consuming drugs).

Who's with me? =D

I am there with ya for sure, is it first in best dressed in this case!!!!

I read this article this morning in the paper, what a pisser!!!! :) =D

Hahaha. Yep! Just called Budget Truck Rentals, Semi is ready! :) Hehehe... Let's move it OUT!

If i read that article and lived in the western suburbs with a monsterous hydro set-up i would definately move the shit to another destination for a short while, have the cops break your door down and find nothing. get all pissed with the cops and get compo or something :)
well done to the media for the pseudo-tipoff ;)

lets go get us some drugs from the police! maybe if were nice enough because were doing them such a huge favour they wont do the "corrupt cop lets rip everybody off thing"

Well the reason why the police didn't go raid the place was because there weren't enough people interested in buying the product off them at the time. They are over stocked at the lock up so they have to sell that before the new shipment may come in hehe who is with me? :)

Good thing Snr Sgt 'Mullet' has his finger on the pulse,
it can only come down to lack of funds. Has anyone out there been as unfortunate as to cop a fine for 'destruction of the drug'? hefty to say the least.. $250 for a matchbox of grief!

^^^^ i don't get what you mean. is it that if you get caught trying to get rid of your drugs you cop a fine?

If you get drugs confiscated you can be billed by the police for them to dispose of it. Funny really.

i guess that's fair enough...kinda. but i wonder if they make profit from it. i'm sure they must. the public serives are always strapped for cash.
i guess that's why are the top drug dectives got busted selling heroin :D

my boots full...that rental truck coming or what???

Wow. I cant beleive it. Really strange. Thanks for posting that Hoptis.