Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Nurofen + / codeine

lost_boi

Bluelighter
hi.
umm.. ok i had a toothache the other day and went to the chemist asked for painkillers they recommended nurofen + i got a pack of 48.
had some for my tooth, its all good now.
but there were so many left, i was bored and after hearing stories of codeine extraction etc, i thought ahh fuck it ive never had opiates before at all not even from a doctor so i thought id try something.
Being new and inexperienced with opiates i took ten. (oh BTW these are the 200mg ibuprofen and 12.8 mg codiene) Anyway i split them all where u can see that line is and i swallowed ten of them (the side with N+ on it). Didnt want to do more being first time and all. It really just made me feel kinda drowsey/lazy and sort of cozy like, just all round felt nice. I had been under the impression that i should have expected more than this from them or is that due to the dosage?

What i want to know is if its safe to have more than 10*12.8 mg (128mg) doses at once and i should expect fom that?

when i split them they all split with the N+ side being convex on both sides, does the rounded part on the side that i split need to scraped flat (ie is that little bit extra being some ibuprofen stuck on?) .

Any help suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

120mg is what I dosed my first ever time, and I felt pretty much the same as you described.

I've taken double that dose and have had no adverse side effects (maybe a little itchy). You'll feel how you did before, only more pronounced.

And no, you do not have to scrape the side flat.

Have fun :)

Sounds like fairly much textbook effects to me for a 120-ish milligram dose of codeine... what exactly were you expecting?

BigTrancer :)

is it ok to have a whole 2g of ibuprofen with the codeine? Would this dose change or alter the effect of the codeine? Is there a way of seperating the two chems, and is it worth bothering with? I would imagine that 2g of ibuprofen would cause a fair bit of nausea, was that the case?

I s'pose you're ok and didn't report any negative effects so I'm assuming it's ok to do. Just curious as to the technicalities of this mix.

There is a way to separate the two chems.

Do a search for 'nurofen plus' or 'codeine extraction'.

RussellG, BigTrancer

Thanks. nah i didnt really know what to expect. sounds over rated but might try it again later with a slightly higher dose see wqhat i think. but yeh its eems kinda over rated. Just wanted to know what it was about is all.

Smoking Joe yeh its cool. These pills split real easy i ibu on one side codeine on the other if u scrape the side abit youll see a fine line i just pressed on it with aknife and it split clean.

Just be carefull with any other types of tabs with codein in them. Any pracetamol containing tablets should be avoided as you can easily OD on paracetamol. Iboprofen is a lot more forgiving I think.

Ibuprofen is not nice to your stomach. AFAIK if you're going to have it, have it on a full stomach. FFS do an extraction.

-plaz out-

i for one, have been told by my doc never to use a product with ibuprofen in it!
this is because i have stomach problems, which they believe to be the start of a stomach ulcer. and i'm only 17!! it sux!

^^yeah definately dont do 2g of Ibruprofen in one hit! You could be risking a gastric bleed and not being very kind to your kidneys either.

and whenever you do take it, as Plazma mentioned, make sure you eat something first.

i did 250mg's the other night for the 3rd time i tryed it.....not recomended

Why bother with extraction, just do what lost_boi said, split them and eat the side with the N+ on it :)

^^ Is it actually documented that one side of the pill is codeine phosphate and the other ibruprofen??? (I'm hoping my time spent extracting hasn't been wasted...)

:)

Yeah on the N+ ones this is the case. However, I hear a rumour about the company possibly changing the pill pressing procedure so that this is no longer the case. I can't confirm whether this is going to happen or not though.

BigTrancer :)

And I've also been told by someone that it can't be done anymore, as they've changed the pressing technique already... *shrug*

Unless someone actually contacts the manufacturer, I don't think we'll ever truly know. Would a pharmaceutical manufacturer give this information out as a harm reduction service? Would it be worth contacting them, or would that simply be a ridiculous idea?

apollo said:
(I'm hoping my time spent extracting hasn't been wasted...)

Damn... I didn't know that either.... I've been doing extractions... I'd be interested to know if that's still the case, might buy another packet tomorrow to see.

Dante said:
And I've also been told by someone that it can't be done anymore, as they've changed the pressing technique already... *shrug*

Unless someone actually contacts the manufacturer, I don't think we'll ever truly know. Would a pharmaceutical manufacturer give this information out as a harm reduction service? Would it be worth contacting them, or would that simply be a ridiculous idea?

If you did a test with a pill tester, wouldn't Codeine show up as an opiate?

no hasnt changed i bought some from an inner brisbane chemist OTC a few days a go they split just fine. no worries guys. still safe. split very easy. no need to do an extraction on these just swallow the half of N+ side that you split.

Hey had a headach tonite so got the nurofen + out. After I took a few for headach I had a look for the split line on the tablet where you would seperate em if ya wanted to use em for other than medicinal uses. Peoples have been saying to take the half with the N+ on it but on the ones i have the N+ stretches accross the length of the whole tablet. Maybe I have different ones to you guys, they are just normal tablet but long thin sorta shap. I dont see where ya would break em in half.
help

I just had a look at one, mine is the same shape as what you describe, and I can see a very feint line (almost like a ahir-line crack as opposed to a 'line'... I just gave it a little squeeze with a pair of scissors and it split easily.