Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ACA 6:30pm ch 9 tonight

En_warp

Bluelighter
Tonight on "A Current Affair" there is a story on weed. I saw the ad and i think it's another attempt to put down weed.

Just letting people know if anyone wants a laugh

Wish I could get pot laced with cocaine and LSD... :(

Millions love marijuana — it's thought to be one of the most lucrative crops on earth and has enjoyed a reputation as a comparatively safe drug for decades. As ACA reports, these days the majority of marijuana sold in Australia is not natural and new research indicates its impact is frightening. But some still champion its therapeutic qualities.

Long considered a "soft" drug, marijuana is now being blamed for everything from depression to schizophrenia. The reason is most of it is grown hydroponically and is super-charged with chemicals, making it more and more dangerous. According to youth counsellor Jill Pearman, who has 23 years experience, what she's witnessed over the past 24 months has her increasingly concerned.

"People say there's no problem with cannabis, I say, 'Give it up for a week and see how you feel', and you can bet your bottom dollar they're climbing the walls and it's a common experience among all people who come in — anxiety, depression and stress," she says.

Full Transcript

LOL! I’m glad I watched it, it helped me realise that the problem with my dealer is that they refuse to slip expensive drugs into relatively cheap one’s.
I think I’m getting ripped off!
=D

Wasn't too bad a report considering the show and the timeslot.

Pot is so addictive because of all the heroin and cocaine in it?

Hmmmmm 8)

Least the professor and the 'mayor' of Nimbin had a few intelligent things to say.

I'd agree that a lot of dependant stoners are probably more fixed on the nicotine than a dependence to cannabis...... or all the LSD :\

I would agree with what that hippy from Nimbin or whereever said, Pot becomes more addictive when u use tobacco in it ;)

GO GREEN! GO GREEN!
NO MORE SPIN! ;)

does anyone know how i can extract the cocaine from my weed with out wasting any of it?

i hope my mum didn't watch it, i'm not looking forward to explaining that mainstream media is ninety percent lies again. considering she reads the sun and watches today tonight, she tends not to believe me :\

maybe she can get me some cocaine-weed though :)

what a waste of fucking time watching that was, in the end they didn't even say anything about proof or anything. I'm glad for a change they got 2 different sides agruing for a short stage, that guy saying about alcohol was pretty much spot on. As for the coke and lsd in the weed........8)
Also those 2 guys seemed pretty uninformed about what they were doing ( the two young guys talking). Did find it a little interesting about people who drink alot don't (statistics say) get hooked on weed as much. But then comes the argument, which is worse for you???

^^^ which is worse for you, imo, is entirely subjective. for me, smoking weed is worse for you, because i value my lungs more than i value my liver - i've always been really sporty and stuff like that. i've never felt a lot of damage has come to my brain from drinking either, and weed certainly does have a noticeable effect. that said, my weed habit is significantly heavier than i've ever had alcohol.

otoh, other people might not give two shits about their lungs, and hate the horrible side effects of alcohol (such as vomiting, hang overs, that general haze that comes over you the next day)...for them it's fair to say that alcohol is worse. subjective, see :)

aside from all the complete bollocks they presented, the other thing that struck me from the story was this:

the two young guys looked/sounded like the biggest dead-shit morons ive seen in a long time. i think half their fucking problem is the fact that they probably dig ditches for their local council in the hot sun, and not all the cocaine/heroin/lsd laced weed they've been smoking....

i didnt see the transcript say anything about cocaine or LSD, perhaps i skipped a paragraph

The two meatheads were on about the addictive nature of the laced weed, I'm sure one of the 'professionals' mentioned it as well somewhere. The transcript is missing a lot of what the show contained.

Just to point out that this wasn't a completely rag out weed report, if you ignore the bullshit and those two idiots I don't think it was all that bad. The guy who was pro medicinal weed made some interesting points:

The percentage of youth who smoke cannabis has increased significantly since he began his research. There has been no increase in the percentage of youth with schizophrenia.

Most of the negative effects of cannabis are reversible unlike nicotine’s side effects. A lot of these effects such as memory loss etc are caused by overdose and prolonged use.

Entering the debate with a very different view is Dr Andrew Katalaris, who has been studying the medical powers of marijuana for 15 years. He says that while cigarettes and alcohol can cause permanent damage, the effects of cannabis are reversible in a matter of weeks.

"They talk about attention deficit, short-term memory deficit, all these things do occur. But they are the result of overdose, both on the day and the chronic daily use without any times of washout to let the brain recover," he says.

I would love for someone to come up with some evidence of weed being laced with harder drugs. Apart from speed residue left over from a bag being used twice or spicing up your cone for your own amusement I could almost bet this would never happen. I would love for someone to prove me wrong with seized weed tested showing it is drowned in heroin 8o

ACA has really changed I think it is good they are broadening the show, it would be good if they allowed some debate like they do on 60mins which i think is the angle that ray is going for.

I didnt see the show, but I do believe that pot is bad and anything that will make you users become more interested in looking up other reasouces to prove shows like ACA wrong are very beneficial. Personally I have seen the bad effects of weed on many people. I say its peoples choice to smoke it... but i do believe it is a destructive drug.