Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Lack of Morality on Bluelight?

PsychoKitten

Bluelight Crew
i have moved an old post to the start of this thread and copied my text into it

In order to preserve the Amusing Linkage thread this thread has been created to allow Oceanboy and any other people concerned to air their thoughts on the inferred decline in morality on Bluelight and what apparent harm threads like amusing linkage may cause to our eternal souls.

Please keep all discussion in this thread, any posts made inside amusing linkage or any other Aus Social thread will be moved directly to this one.

Oceanboy, you have been asked to refrain from posting off-topic posts within that thread, we understand that you do not like it however you should understand that many people do and the thread is not going anywhere.

Personally, I don’t need nor want any soul saving though I do thank you for your concern and efforts.

So does anybody else perceive there to be a lack of morals and goodness on Bluelight? Why? Does anybody think Bluelight should censor the words of their posters because it is against “the eternal goodness”?

Why doesn’t the common courtesy of “if you don’t like it, don’t open it” get upheld and how do morals differ from person to person? Can we find a happy medium where respect for the morals and beliefs for each other is taken into consideration?

Do you feel that trying to sway beliefs towards your viewpoint is soul saving or an infringement on the beliefs you uphold? Should Christians force Pagans to take on and uphold their own moral code? What makes someone’s beliefs right and another’s wrong?

I think in Aus Social and on Bluelight in whole we have found a fantastic balance where most of the time people respect the difference between their beliefs and those of another, there are many things that I find offensive and many more where I simply do not read it because it does not hold true to my sense of ethics. That respect for the beliefs of others is what IMHO helps make Bluelight such a wonderful place.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I am Blonde.

I came here not to be amused by abuse against the fellow being, but to cry out>The abuse in this thread has gone on long enough.Moderators please close this thread immediately.
Valid kind links may be integrated into Main BL Links page.
Dr Martin Luther King Junior would not put up with such a thread.Do I have to find the relevant quote of him to wake you dear people up to your fellow human-beings.I am overwhelmed with sadness of the atrocities of this thread.Its just not good enough.Please stop the abuse now.I shall never be ashamed of working for PLUR.

Bluelight Australia/NZ/Middle East we can do much beter than the muck and mire of this thread.

PLUR Eternal
Regards O

Last edited:
Oceanboy: Maybe you should stop reading Bluelight if the threads are so atrocious and overwhemingly sad. Surely a paragon of PLUR such as yourself need not willingly subject themself to this material for any reason - let alone simply attempting to have removed one html file containing hypertext links to off-site pages which BL has no control over.

However, if you're reading this, I have guessed that you are not overwhelmed with sadness nor the atrocity that is BL Social forums, and are thus returning here for entertainment. Good luck amusing yourself.

BigTrancer.

Dr Martin Luther King Jr ; "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"

Time to wake up

HIS HOLINESS THE FOURTEENTH DALAI LAMA, TENZIN GYATSO CHENREZIG ;RESPONSIBILITY
If we develop a good heart, then whether the field of our occupation is science, agriculture or politics, the result will be more beneficial. With proper motivation these activities can help humanity; without it they go the other way. That is why the compassionate thought is so very important for humankind. When you recognise that all beings are equal and like yourself in both their desire for happiness and their right to obtain it, you automatically feel empathy and closeness for them.
You develop a feeling of responsibility for others, a wish to help them actively overcome their problems. True compassion is not just an emotional response but a firm commitment founded on reason. Therefore, a truly compassionate attitude towards others does not change, even if they behave negatively. I believe that we must consciously develop a greater sense of universal responsibility. We must learn to work not just for our own individual self, family or nation, but for the benefit of all mankind. Universal responsibility is the best foundation both for our personal happiness and for world peace, the equitable use of our natural resources, and, through a concern for future generations, the proper care for the environment.
The acceptance of universally binding standards of human rights is essential in today's " shrinking world.". Respect for fundamental human rights should not remain an ideal to be achieved, but a requisite foundation for every human society. But, when we demand the rights and freedoms we so cherish, we should also be aware of our responsibilities. If we accept that others have an equal right to peace and happiness as ourselves, do we not have a responsibility to those in need? In human societies there will always be differences of views and interests. But the reality today is that we are all inter-dependent and have to co-exist on this small planet. Therefore, the only sensible and intelligent way of resolving differences and clashes of interests, whether between individuals or nations, is through dialogue.

(Brief extracts from a speech at the " Forum 2000 " Conference in Prague in September 1997)

Dalai Lama means Ocean of Wisdom; Tibetans normally refer to His Holiness as Yizhin Norbu, the Wish-Fulfilling Gem, or simply Kundun, the Presence.

Monk Oceanboy
:)

JUSTICE SHALL BE DONE

Psychokitten,Are you to remove the good to let rot continue?
My posts are all on topic.Please wake up to your heart. Those that support Amusing Linkage thread , be supporting abuse, including child abuse.I suggest have a good hard feel and and think whether you really do approve or be you a blind corrupt sheep?.Amusing Linkage thread be an ulcer/blight upon bluelight and I say wake up dear one(s)
How about I provide links for all my posts herein.?
Are you corrupt too?

GOODNESS SHALL REIGN.

"love one another as I have loved you" Jesu Christu

Abuse of fellow being is early last century material and the abusive links have been corrupting Bluelight.

Peace,
O

Last edited:
Kits I have an enormous amount of respect for what you just did...cheers. :)

--Raz--

Oceanboy, what are you saying?!

I feel that you are inconsistent with your philosophies. How is it that you can preach morality, and yet quote madonna lyrics? I would think Madonna would be the last person to hold a credible image of tenderness and good will. Perhaps you have been decived by the senses. This is not uncommon, plastic surgery, digital music enhancments, strategic product placements all sum to a very attractive package. Branded with the label "madonna", I can see how a misconception could be formed.

But these are all superficial observations, let us venture deeper. If God indeed exists (or some manfistation of her), then how is it that you could have been deceived? Would God in all her knowledge and goodness deliberatly set out to deceive you? I can see from your posts that you are deeply religious. So the conclusion would be that deception has come from evil. If God is all-knowing, all-understanding and infinite. Then evil must surley come from a judgement by a being who possess only a finite understanding. As Gods understanding is infinite, she could not be evil and thus deceive you.

From this we can conclude that it was evil that caused you to be deceived. Logic and faith are not necessarily compatible. So let us transcend logic and enter the relm of spirituality and mythology. In this relm evil often manifests itself as a demonic creature.

So as your senses (sight, hearing, touch etc...) miss-took madonna for a appropriate vessle to convey your message of love and hope. And since this mistake could not possibly be influenced by any infinite love shown to you by God. But, could have only been the work of a being not as supremely perfect as God, which in theology leads to the devil. It is this reasoning that brings me to the conclusion that have been influenced by the devil. So your morality is no greater than anyone elses whom frequents this board. Thus any attempt to censor content would be in direct opposition to the Bible (which I assume you are familiar with).

Is it not written "Let he who is free of sin cast the first stone" ? I feel you have already cast the stone Oceanboy. But as we can see, you are not free of sin. Your blasphamus actions reflect your own mortality.

Do not judge others, lest you be judged yourself.

:)

If oceanboy didn't appear to espouse a convoluted, confused and internally inconsistent belief system, collaging elements culled apparently at random from almost every philosophy and religion (including a swath that appear to exist only on the WWW) without any apparent context, I might actually be able to determine what precisely his freaking morality WAS...

Is this like, postmodern fundamentalism or something?? Just give me a consistent narrative please!

I would have to agree. Im sorry but the spasmodic nature of the posts have led me to quite simply shake my head in confusion. I actually do understand where you are coming from Oceanboy, but im not sure if you are being serious or not.

Your 'narratives' as Thoth has called them are a struggle for to read, and there point, no matter how valid seems to be lost in the 'dramatisation' of it all.

There is a scene in the movie ''Good Will Hunting''. In the bar where Matt Dameon is having an argument with the ''educated'' student. The eduacated student is trying to prove his point, and to a certain degree trying to make Matt Dameon look like less intelligent by making it appear as if all his statements are his own. Matt Dameon shoots him down in flames. Matt is able to tell the ''educated'' student all the books that he is quoting from - and saying that he doesnt have the brains to think for himself.

I know that we all are influenced in one way or another and form opinions based on information we receive, but I think this is a bit extreme.

I think that everybody here on bluelight, whilst involved in activities which a large part of the community has considered illegal or wrong -i think that bluelighters in general have a great sense of morality. There have been numerous threads which talk about a varity of topic ranging from legalities, not only drugs but other important day to day issues. We also discuss relationships, our feelings and crisis which are in. Besides the obvious drug use which we either used to, or are currently involved in - i think we are a great bunch of people.

Last edited:
If the amusing links thread is by far one of the poorest examples of a lack of morality that I would have chosen...

I would rather have chosen: Sick, Twisted and Wrong jokes

And if I cared I could list many more...

But in the end, each and every person's moral values vary, sometimes by a very large margin. The result of this is that it's impossible to police those morals. And isn't someone's moral standpoint a personal choice? Can we feel good about ourselves if we tell people what morals they should or shouldn't uphold? ...I don't think so... And closing such a thread would be doing just that... It would be the same as saying "We think this is wrong, so you should too, and if you don't, well we're going to close it anyway because we're right"

That's something I tried not to do when I was a moderator, tho I'm sure I sometimes failed to stick to that resolution... The current mods are doing a good job of it tho...

I think everyone and everything should be utterly sheltered and totally sanitised, so as to protect us from all evils currently in existence, and also all evils that are yet to be discovered. It's just common sense... :)

you know you're jaded when you couldn't be fucked flaming Oceanboy ;)

Keep up the good work champ =D

P.S... just a quick reminder to anyone that may have forgotten that this is a drug board, and the vast majority of the population would think we're all amoral already. And just between you and me, somehow I don't think it's got much to do with the Amusing Linkage thread...

I'm confused..

Are you a Christian Oceanboy...?

If you are ..I kind of find it bit hypocritical u preaching about morals..
When the Christian faith is responsible for more inmoral acts,murder,
complete extermination of civilizations,rape,paedohila and so on
than all faiths,world wars,diseases put together.....

So there you go......Someone had to have a go..

BCr