Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Baking Soda in Pill

Nice Tits

Bluelighter
Bought quite a few pills (blue CK) today - was planning on taste testing em at dealer's place but was pushed for time. Was foolishly convinced into trusting em because they were "CK's". Got home and taste tested em - they had a real tangy acidic kinda taste - having been told that speed taste likes battery acid i thought that they had been cut wit alot of speed.

Then had em tast tested by an ex speed addict who then announced that they were severly cut with baking soda. So much baking soda that even if they did have MDMA in em the baking powder would make u so sick that its not worth the effort.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this situation???? Best ways to go about getting my money back preferrably without having to break someone's nose or tv set....????

P.S. Yes i've now been converted to the E-Z test every pill method. Was planning on buying one yesterday but that's a whole nother story. Read my previous thread for that one.

IMHO - trust the tester rather than anyone's taste test. If you can get a sample of the CK's tested with Marquis reagent you'll be a lot further toward a reliable answer.

BigTrancer :)

If it's got baking soda in it it will react very violently with any acid, including the Sulphuric acid in Marquis or Mandelin. Try a drop of vinegar on a small piece. A fizzy bubbly reaction indicates presence of a base. If you want to go a step further and prove it is baking soda and not something else alkali in nature, then do the experiment in a jar with a small lightened candle. The CO2 produced will extinguish the candle (remember your high-school chemistry)

I've said it before, but anyone mixing an alkali in anything which could be injected, is looking for a manslaughter rap. And that also goes for anyone selling such rubbish!!

...just one other thing. If the tablets had both a high amount of baking soda and a small amount of MDMA, then as soon as it touched your tongue it would fizz like rock candy, turning the MDMA HCl into freebase whcih would not be absorbed anyway.

I would go as far as to say that no pill pressing producer person with half a brain would ever bother putting any MDMA in such a mixture. They may as well keep this bit for themselves as no -one would miss it 8)

[Edit: Flaming removed, p_d]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok tested wiyth black vinegar (i know this isn't as good as white vinegar) but i used to experiment with this all the time as a kind and i know u get the same reaction just not as big.

I got no reaction at all. Does this mean that its not any 'basic' substance or just not baking soda. Should i test with an acid to see if its basic??

Last edited:
nah it just means... [ Edit: content removed due to unwarrented flaming, p_d]

Last edited by a moderator:
The vinegar would have been sufficiently acidic to react if there had been any baking soda present.

Try, as BT suggested, using Marquis Solution. This should indicate any MDMA or speed present. If possible compare the result with a known *good* MDMA pill.

[Edit: No flames for the sake of flaming - it's in the guidelines. BigTrancer]

This has probably been coverd elsewhere, but i notice that most references in blulight seem to recommend or predominantly use a marquis solution. I use an E2 tester which seemingly does the job and is a mandelin reagent (i think??). I bought the E2 tester because it can differentiate between all the usual suspects so to speak.

Is the marquis solution far better? I notice most posters who have some sort of a chemisty background seemingly prefer this solution. i am a chemistry ignoramus so it all goes over my head. Is this any different to the EZ tester as used on pillreports or is that a mandelin reagent?

EZ-test is essentially the same as Marquis reagent; I usually recommend this as a 'first test for avoiding adulterated ecstasy pills' because a) it's quite affordable, and b) the color differences between MDxx/meth/2CB/DXM are all very distinct, and it's easy to tell the difference between a speedbomb and a MDxx-based pill (orange vs. purple/black).

BigTrancer :)

Semi off topic, but regarding you buying just because of the logo 'CK', if you do a search on pillreports.com, you will see a lot of CK pills that are dodgy. I saw some bad CKs about 2 years ago and since then, have heard of about 10 different CK batches being K, no reaction/bunk or generally non-mdxx pills. Watch out (for any logo really).. Do not rely on logo's these days for qualitive selection.

Sorry bout the flaming - umm in response to the pillreport comment - i would have loved to do that - cept that it was a last minute thing - no computer around - no real choice - i suppose it was a bad decision - contacted the guy problem apears to be sorted.

I bought an E1 and E2 test today and tested the dodgy pill as was suggested. Turns out that its another batch of CK made entirely of Ketamine - didn't react at all to MDMA

*mental note to self* Ketamine tastes like baking soda....

Right on!

Whilst i dont think ketamine tastes like baking soda, it does taste distinctly different to the classic bitterness of all amphetamines - that includes all the MDXXs.

See what a tester can do - experienced BLs should have guessed at ketamine as a possibility; i for one did not - but it didnt matter in the end, because you had a tester, and they will always be better than "educated" guesses.