Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Make the world better

Boo Boo

Bluelighter
Society/Capitalism/Democaracy. It all seems to suck in my opinion (and from what it seems so does Communism and Islam, but I wont talk about them here).

Sure it all might have started out with good intentions, but over the years it has been corrupted, flawed, fucked up. The politians no longer seem to speak for the average person anymore, religion offers nothing, everyone is angrier and getting more angrier and the world seems like its ready to explode at anytime soon (God bless america and god bless nuclear weapons).

Something drastic needs to be done soon, man nees to change, the world needs to change, world order needs to change.

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions I fear would only be utopian ideals. We're too far down the shitter for anything short of an alien invasion to be able to get us to pull together and overcome our differences.

The length of time it took to get into this state means that it can't be changed overnight. And a world wide revolution is a pretty tall order, with so many players who are all looking after their own interests.

This is a pretty tough question (bordering on impossible). If this sort of problem could be solved in a bluelight thread, then I'd like to think that someone would have solved it in the real world already. It will however, hopefully make for interesting discussion. :)

Well said Pleo! Articulate, concise and comprehensive, and more importantly, I agree with you =D

Human beings are not naturally peaceful creatures, we are as destructive as we are creative. History tells us that we have a need for belonging and hence a tendency to seek out differences in order to vent this destructive energy. From as simple as being from a different part of town to skin colour, religion, philosophy, political ideology, you name it. So far so that the only plausible chance of "world peace" is if another intelligence/species so vastly different from us, capable of and intent on subverting us were to appear.

IMO, the next great step will not be made until we utilise cold fusion (or some other virtually endless energy source)

Once we have an almost limitless sourge of energy, climate will represent no obstacle. In the further future, space colonisation will allow for scores of social experiments to take place on space stations, as the era of the nation state and it's tyranny will have come to an end.

With people living in all sorts of colonies in all sorts of scenarios, humanity is sure to find something that works!
:)

/end utopian rant

i'm optimistic as well that there will be a day when flawed democracy is shown the door, but we still have a lot further to fall before we see the day when it's no longer an ideal to live a better way, but more of a necessity.
At the moment, in all forms of government, there are the rich, and there are the poor. Till being wealthy is no longer the focus, but personal fulfillment is, no one will agree on the way out of this mess and we'll keep slipping further.

i dont know the answer, but i've got an underlying instinct that its something to do with education because compassion comes from understanding

more money into the education system rather than the military budget is what i suggest. investing in this way will no doubt pay off in the future

steveelektro, you've read the nights dawn trillogy i'm guessing?

The insatiable materialism of human beings is a two-edged sword. It has helped us but it is also a huge hindrance.

oringally posted by Boo Boo
and from what it seems so does Communism and Islam, but I wont talk about them here).

Isnt that strange. We can whinge and whine about how bad the typical ''white'' ( i use that term very loosely) parts of society are terrible, but when it comes to a ''minority'' ( i use that term even more loosely) - we are afraid to step on someones toes.

^^Since we live under democracy (or at least representative dmocracy) and capitalism, and not under Islamic law or communism, we are better placed to judge the former.
This is not a case of being PC, it's simply a case of what we know.

How to make Australia better? (Or at least slow it's progression into getting alot worse)?
Don't vote Liberal.

SteveElektro: Agreed. Or vote green for that matter.

A better and more honest solution would be to get rid of the current theories on right and left wing and rename labor and liberal to what they are really about.

I say the best way too combat this shit is to totaly ignore it and concentrate on making your own little paradise even if it is just a state of mind. If we all do this the rest will follow. World peace starts with inner peace, and that starts with you. :)

"This system cannot be reformed"

- Propagandhi...

We tried democracy and capitalism... It didn't work...

Something along the lines of the economic system found here sounds good to me...

pfftt.. space stations and space travel... thats stupid.

Do u reckon humans will ever be able to do something this fantastic... and when its done.. who would want to leave the earth? fuck id put my hand up to live on some shithouse rock and eat moon cheese.

hmm... why discover intelligent lifeforms when u can just talk to stevelektro.

and if u dont like society/ Capitalism or Democracy get the hell out... your taking up valuable real estate.

(this entire post is sarcastic)

except the bit about steve;)

Jonah said:
I say the best way too combat this shit is to totaly ignore it and concentrate on making your own little paradise even if it is just a state of mind.

Yeah, and one vote never made a difference.

(Welcome to the opposite sketches)

Jonah said:
I say the best way too combat this shit is to totaly ignore it and concentrate on making your own little paradise even if it is just a state of mind. If we all do this the rest will follow. World peace starts with inner peace, and that starts with you. :)

Life experience has taught me that the less you like yourself, the more you will hate the world and see it in a completely negative light, so i do partly agree with you...making your own little paradise and having inner peace improves life a lot. But even if you've got a Utopian state happening in your own head, bad stuff still goes on in the world. I think if you choose to ignore it, it'll still go on regardless. Personally speaking, i just couldn't get much inner peace from that. I'm not the kind of person that wants to fight all the problems in the world because you just cant, but i want to help where i can.

Hey just a suggestion that a change of attitude from all may just change the world, U can all keep stressing over the worlds problems if u wish but really it does no good.

Backo said:
pfftt.. space stations and space travel... thats stupid.

Do u reckon humans will ever be able to do something this fantastic... and when its done.. who would want to leave the earth? fuck id put my hand up to live on some shithouse rock and eat moon cheese.
Yeah, just imagine! I mean all those crackpots who thought we could fly, or go to the moon, what morans!
(mispell intended)

I for one would love to get the fuck off this godforsaken planet, at least to get away from the fuckers who control our lives.
I don't think for a second it will happen in my lifetime though (unless we discover real longevity medicine soon)
But to deny it will happemn at all? That's the height of ignorance, I guess that's why you're a conservative Backo, you would have been there denouncing the Wright Brothers as heretics ;)

SteveElektro said:
I for one would love to get the fuck off this godforsaken planet, at least to get away from the fuckers who control our lives.

Yeah, but why would any other planet or place be any different? I reckon it'd be a case of "same shit, different location" :) if we cant get it right here, it's not gonna happen elsewhere.

And if you think you're being controlled living in Australia maybe you should try living somewhere else to compare. I think this place, although it's got it's faults, is as close to paradise as you can get.