Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

learning..

onetwothreefour

Bluelight Crew
heh. despite my occasionally overwhelming affliction of intense laziness, i actually do like to achieve things sometimes. i'm sorta obsessed with learning - if i could study for the next ten years, i'd be quite happy to do so. actually, it's most likely that if i get a job with good enough (read: not many) hours, i probably will keep studying.

if no one else does the same thing as me i guess this thread'll just die, but i'm hoping you're all as anal/weird as me :)

what do you still have on your list of things to learn? (yes, i have an actual list... :)) i'm studying media/cinema atm, and i'm probably gonna do honours, but i'd really like to go back to uni a few years later and study psychology too; it's always really interested me.

so, my list, to learn/study:

french
chinese (perhaps)
dutch (perhaps)
c++ (or another language if i leave it too much longer :))
drums
turntables
guitar
sculpture/hands-on art.

that's all for the moment, but i always seem to be adding to my list...hopefully i'll get it all done :)

so, what do you still want/need to learn? i figure there should be a lot of (hopefully) interesting responses, because the group of people here is pretty damn diverse.

Spanish
Pottery (I'm starting pottery classes tonight, woo)
B&W Photography
Saxophone
Freestyle motorcross
Some sort of cuisine, haven't decided what yet..
Wine appreciation

Um, that's all!

Things I still want to learn :~

Controlling my temper
Swedish, Japanese and Romanian (I know bits and pieces but not enough)
Driving a manual car

If I can afford the full-fees for international students to go back to uni - I might either do another year to get my MBA or maybe a new course in psychology (to tie it in with my qualifications).

*Chinese is easy to learn speaking-wise, it's the actual writing that's a whole lot confusing but check out the union services - sometimes they have Chinese students who offer teaching one Chinese in return for help in English* :)

(edit in addition)

hehe kitty and 1234 reminded me (everyone learns the piano!! ;))
~ the cello - i learnt only a little bit before but stopped.
~ maybe try for my piano teaching diploma - if i have the patience for it.

Last edited:
^^^ chinese (mandarin) was compulsory in my first two years of high school, but i hated school so learnt hardly any...all i remember is "ni hao, wo jiao bradley" (and i think i fucked up the spelling anyway), and "da biza" or some shit. i sux0r. but will investigate what you said..perhaps :)

thanks.

What do I still want to learn... cool topic 1234

I want to branch into Education Psychology.
I would like to brush up on all the languages I learnt as a child: French, Spanish, Italian, German and Japanese.
I’d love to take up piano again.

Actually my list isn’t as long as I thought it would be, then again I'm not much of a planner.

i knew i'd be reminded of things as this thread went along...i'd have to add piano to my list too, plus singing! maybe i just don't have the voice for it, but i'd like to have a go :)

i would like to learn to speak polish better ( perfectly) and how to read and write in it.

also i would like to learn sign language

finish my degree (or 2 or 3) =D

and learn how to make psy and also dj psy

and i want to learn how to knit

I want to learn to speak Spanish after having learned it all through primary school and then nothing..

I want to learn dressmaking so I can make my own clothes.

I want to learn turntablism so I can be a kickass DJ. =D

I think that covers all the formal stuff....more than anything though I wanna learn to apply myself to something beyond it being just a cool idea that I lose interest in after a couple days...(I got the friggin attention span of a goldfish I tells ya...) 8)

--Raz--

I used to love learning before I started taking drugs, now I have no motivation or attention span for it, but if one day I do again.

Play guitar
Drive a manual car
Perhaps one day do an arts degree (law/psych/history/lit)

Yeah, and I always love doing the Spanish or French. =D

I'm all learned out for the moment. I am sooo sick of the education system we have (secondary and tertiary grind... doesn't help I am doing a degree I find utterly boring). If I was to learn something, maybe something like try and develop my telepathic skills ;)

strange what you said hoptis...yes i did used to have an insane urge to learn and do alot of things. i find now that i am in situations where i am forced o learn and thas good, but quite simply i find that i am happy with my inteligence, or education level at the moment.
would you beleive i have forgoten what i was going to say. fuck me... sorry...end post..(back soon maybe,.)

Russin
Flying
bomb defusion
how to work a laser show
mixing
how to get passed the door at any club without paying

I find it hard to believe that there isnt a word that we can make that doesnt make women run up to me ravingly horny. So I keep learning new weird sounds to make in the meantime. :D

I thought of another one - I want to learn how to make a pretty website for my stories.

^^^ that reminds me, i used to mess around with html (back when just that and notepad was l33t hax0r stuff :)), but now i can't remember shit...maybe i should do a bit of that too.

how not to be distracted (I swear I have ADD)
patience
anger management

let me better myself before i start proper learning again

Things I'd like to study/learn:

Psychology
Nutrition
Massage
Pottery
Iceskating
Jewellery making
Drawing/painting
Tantric sex ;)