• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What or how much of the community does bluelight represent?

papermate

Bluelighter
Obviously we are all aware of the increasing amount of drug use, ecstasy in particular. and i think its great that bluelight has a number of different age groups and variety of proffessions, ill even go so far as to say that some people here would be very respectable people in their lives.

However, in terms of the drug community as a whole, do us bluelighters here in the Australia represent a minority, a majority or something in between
is there even a way to guage this at all. I honsetly do beleive that many of our views and aspects in life are.....moral and rightious. However, I'm guessing the majority of the community wouldnt agree.

For my self, i go to those pretentious house clubs and im almost positive that there would be no-one, possible the odd individual that would be aware of this site, and more so know as much detail about drugs as i/we do.

However, for the rest of you out there that are into hard house, techno, trance, drum/bass, rock etc.... is it the same situation.?

Last edited:
Minority minority minority. At least where I'm living there's a serious minority.. just think, how many Bluelighters do you know? And how many people do you know that aren't Bluelighters that go out?

Personally, I used to tell people about Bluelight, try to get them interested in finding out information about the drugs that they consume. i was nice and idealistic.

However, I'd tend to believe that the majority of ecstacy users don't even think about this. Most clubbers I've seen in Canberra have this mentality:
"It's a pill, it's safe, we go out and have a great time every time, sometimes it's "smacky", sometimes it's "speedy", whatever. If I'm not getting drugs, it's not worth going, blah blah blah."

The reasoning? I dunno. They just don't care, and it's more the escapism they are after? Propaganda has forced them to not believe anything? But the end result is still the same. The majority in disagrement or ignorance of our harm reduction principles.

But I think that this could strongly be tied in with the number of people that use this board that follow and use harm reduction principles. I'd say it'd be a small number in general, from most of my experiences. Hell, I've been guilty of it as well. But you might be able to agree that we don't have the best rap in the scene. All I've heard Bluelighters described as by non-Bluelighters are "bitchy drug fiends that get good drugs". Why aren't we known as "the safer drug users"?

Probably because some of us aren't. Our theories are great, but most don't practice...

C'mon guys, get proactive with your harm reduction!

I tend to find Bluelighters in the strangest of places. I just started a new job and my boss asked me what I do for 'fun'. I cautiously mentioned a few clubs and she suddenly said, "Have you ever heard of a site called Bluelight?"

I smiled and said I'd visited the site once or twice.

That being said, I was in a well known Sydney club one night looking for the Bluelight meetup and I asked a random guy, "Have you heard of Bluelight?" His response, "I hear it's pretty good, have you tried it?"

*sigh*

we're definately a minority, cos like dante said, so many ppl just dont give a shit about wat theyre taking, as long as it gets them wasted.
its theyre loss really cos as well as knowing so much about harm reduction we also know how to get the most out of our chemicals. mwa haa haaa!!! :)

Unfortunately, a minority.

The bulk of the public, if online, are at more light and breezy forums like InTheMix, where they can throw shit at each other's musical tastes all day and if drugs ARE mentioned, they are immediately shunted elsewhere. Some end up here I suppose where they may choose to look more closely at their addictions, or recreational uses.

With so few details reported in the media about deaths from drug use currently, the general public's opinion is one of apathy I suspect. When next it gets blown up in the papers, more people will do more to find out about their own actions I suppose.

In the meantime, ignorance is bliss.

tiny minority, there is no way to gauge it either. I don't know another bluelighter that i know of...... but then again i never mention it to anyone, i think theres to many people comin and going on this board anyways. I think its one of the only (only one ive found) where people are open minded and willing to disscuss stuff which people usually keep to themselves. My 0.02 if that helped!

ah, i forgot about ''inthemix''...

yes they would probably represent a larger pecentage of the clubbing crowd in sydney ( i dont know much about other states sorry, melb a bit)...then bluelight does..?

People who find Bluelight, tend to be looking for it in the first place.
Bluelighters who meet other Bluelighters tend to be looking for them.

Bluelighters tend to represent certain types of drug users: obviously people who want to know more about what they're taking.

PS. papermate, you'd be surprised at who you'd meet at pretentious house clubs (me for one). In my journeys I've met one or two other people who know what 5HTP is for example.

You mean not everyone's a Bluelighter these days? ;)

Like Dante, I question if you're asking about how many people are bluelighters in the general "scene" (i hate this word but can't think of a better one), how many people are bluelighters in the drug-taking community or how many people are actually utilising Bluelight for the Harm Reduction resource we actually are.

Although I shouldn’t question, because the answer to all would be a minority.

I rarely mention Bluelight if I’m out, and a time or two have answered no or said that I browse on occasion to anyone who asks if I’m a bluelighter (this happens more often since I became a mod ;)). Unfortunately in general, as users we seem to have the most horrific reputation, not to mention that many people don’t really care about harm reduction and there are many more that have little time for the concept of an online community & resource for safer drug use.

i think the nail's already been hit on the head. most people are stupid and just don't give a shit about their health (or have been subtley maneuvered, reverse-psychology style, into believing that drugs are actually safe due to all the anti-drug propaganda that's thrown around in the mass media), to consider researching their chemical intake. most people just don't bother, so of course, we're always going to be a minority.

it's unfortunate, but educating the public isn't always going to change their opinion - i guarentee you that there's hundreds, nay thousands, of people who are aware of sites like bluelight, and no that harm reduction is attainable (heh, how lame does that sound!) but just don't think it's worth the effort.

people = stupid. can you tell i'm a cynic? :)

^^^ No. You seem to have alot of faith in the penchant for people to harm themselves and in Murphy's Law. =D

hoptis... i dont know maybe im just speaking to the wrong people. Ive actually posted this thread in both the Uk, and here in aussocial, and i think one of the best comments to come out of it, is that

people should be tested for stupidity and ignorance, not drugs and alcohol.

/\/\/\ thats a big call. I did that...and i suppose i do consider myself and elitest fucker...but its a bit lonely sometimes. Takes time to meet those people you enjoy spending time with, both romantiaclly, and just as imporatnaly intellectually.

Everytime i've mentioned bluelight, people ALWAYS respond with "What's that" !

Not one non bl'er i've come across knows what it is. Though i've noticed that alot of these people don't browse the internet as often as "we" do. Though bluelight becomes more than harm reduction after a few weeks of being a member. It's the best place for education about drugs from people who have been there and done that. Then after a while you tend to open up the page more often to see what the latest posts and threads are and escape for a couple of hours.

Is anything out of the various almost semi-serious drug centric forums (Drug Discussion et al) vaguely related to harm reduction at all?

Think about how many people go out across the country on any given saturday night and take drugs. There's just too many - if everyone that took drugs also checked bluelight, this site would probably have a melt-down.

It'd be nice if everyone did, but my estimate is that we're definitely in the minority.

Yep, another minority vote. I know of a fair amount of people who do drugs but still don't have access to a computer even, never mind knowing about BlueLight 8o