Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Open deck nights (Canberra)

MDMA-4-ALL

Bluelighter
Dante and I were talking through a haze of alcohol last night and decided we want to start getting together on a regular basis with people to mix. We have the decks and everything, just looking for a group of people who want to drop around once a week or so for a mixing session.

So any canberra DJ-wannabes, bedroom bangers and all other interested parties feel free to drop me an email (or call, most cbr people have my number) and we can arrange something. Don't have vinyl but want to give it a go? No problems, between us we have a wide range of styles that you can play with. Feel that you suck and would be embarassed? You obviously havn't heard my train-wrecks...

So come on Cbr people, who's keen?

--
MDMA-4-ALL (And some fun times mixing for us)

I'd be keen.

The only question is of course, whether anyone has the patience to actually teach me to mix.

-plaz out-

Sure thing, teaching what little we know isn't a problem. Thats part of why we wanted to start these nights, to help each other improve.

--
MDMA-4-ALL (And mixing nights for us)

If i lived in CBR id pop round 2 :) U got cd dex? Though i havent had a mix in a while... hehe :p

Never mind just realised its probably vinyl and i dun know how to mix vinyl ;) only on cd dex and psy...

No cdj's unfortunately...

but 'sif this isn't a good idea! If I'm mixing as well, I want no holds back about what it sounds like :p

Constructive criticsm is the way to go... :) C'MON MORE PEOPLE GODDAMN!

So what nights would suit people? I'm busy Wed/Thurs, but apart from that I'm pretty much free. A monday/tues night would prob suit me best, but open to ideas from others. Lets get this happening guys before, as is so often the case, people loose steam and let a good idea drop.

--
MDMA-4-ALL (And some organisation for us)

I'm pretty much free any night of the week really, as I rarely have to get up before 9am. And yes, a-fuckin-men to keeping the ball bouncing.

:)

Damn tidy idea this. I've been keen as fuck to learn how to mix, its just that I've been hesitant about imposing on anyone by asking them to teach my sorry ass.

Cheers. :D

-plaz out-

Ok, hows this... a tentative Friday night? Most people I've talked too are free, and if we start up about 6ish hows that for people? If people are going out its a nice way to fire up for the night, and if not we can rock on till the wee hours.

Keen to get this started this week if we can, so who's up for it?

--
MDMA-4-ALL (And a possible night for us)

*puts a tentative hands up to be the token tryhard groupie*
;)

Sorry, had to be said =D

Friday's bad for me, 'cause I'm working most of them, if not all of them until at least 9:30pm :(

Ok Dante, what nights work for you? I know NickTheCheese is busy some nights. You two see each other more often than I talk to you guys, so want to work something out and get back to me? Only nights that are out for me are Wed/Thurs because of classes.

--
MDMA-4-ALL (And trouble finding a night to suit everybody for us)

Well if people are keen to drop over tomorrow night I'm throwing the decks open. Give me a call or msg me if you plan on making an apperance.

--
MDMA-4-ALL (And some mixing for us)

Sounds good.If I lived in Canberra I'd be up for it for sure.

I guess I'll have to just mix at home in good ol' Sydney ;) .

well i work weekends atm, and also on wednesdays, so if you have it on the nights i am free i am definitely up for some trainwreck action 8o

Actually any plans to have one tonight may have to be put on hold. I'm feeling as sick as a dog atm, bah.

--
MDMA-4-ALL (And some bed rest for me)