• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I look like a racoon!

mr. green007

Bluelighter
I have developed dark rings around my eyes(primarly below) in the past few months. Everyone says they are just bags from sleep deprivation but the thing is I get a good amount of sleep every night(9-12 hours most nights). I dont know why these suddenly appeared. I certainly dont like them either lol. Does anyone here in bluelight know why these dark circles are there? Is there any way to make them go away? Any helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated:)

show them with pride, at least taht;s what I do, I also sleep more than 8 hours unless I'm on tims, the thing is I sleep at least 8 hours but go to bed at 6am.

It really depends on the person. I have them (and have had them as long as I can remember), and my doctor told me it was due to my poor diet - I don't eat any veggies.

Think about how your life/habits have changed since the circles appeared....

Does this question relate to recreational drug use? If not it doesn't meet forum guidelines and will have to be closed...

Well, I think you are using quite some weed?
Daily smoking can produce dark rings below your eyes.

As well as poor diet, poor sleep and a metabolism that is off.
If you are using any drugs, cut it down. Eat and sleep healthy (I think more then 8 hours is overkill) and excersise if you arent already.

A lack of iron can also cause the dark circles. Best sources: Lean red meat, encriched cereals and breads, dried fruits. Like they said, a better diet is probably your best bet.:)

My drug use consists of heavy weed smoking(3-4 times a day, yes I know I'm a pothead;) ), and I use other substances(coke, x, meth etc.) on a regular basis or whenever its around me, which is alot. My eating habits are not exactly the greatest though, due to eating lots of unhealthy junk food.

my best bet is the pot thing. I have a friend who's also pot head and his eyes are like vampire's.

I never knew heavy smoking could cause dark rings like that. Does anyone know exactly why this happens?

Many people who smoke pot heavily have these rings, I have no idea why, but if you search you will find some old threads on it from this forum.

babydoc_vic said:
Many people who smoke pot heavily have these rings, I have no idea why, but if you search you will find some old threads on it from this forum.

Thank you very much for the help. Could you possibly direct me to those older threads on this subject. Sorry, I tried to search for them but nothing came up. anyhow, thank you everyone for your help and more suggestions would be appreciated. Have a nice day.

Well if you tend to get doped up alot, you tend to take on that apperance sometimes in everyday live to some degree.

But mostly your problem stems from unhealthy diet, etc. while it isn't likely you're gonna to a whole lot to try to correct that the least you could do is to make sure you take your vitamins regularly, for the dark rings could be due to a vitamin deficiency.

This maybe a little too girly for you, but it will give you results;)
Try some Retinova cream, it thickens your skin therefore reduces the appearance of the circles. Also diminishes fine lines%) The only down side is it's prescription only, but I know where you can get it online for a pretty good price, just pm me.

Prinsesse said:
This maybe a little too girly for you, but it will give you results;)
Try some Retinova cream, it thickens your skin therefore reduces the appearance of the circles. Also diminishes fine lines%) The only down side is it's prescription only, but I know where you can get it online for a pretty good price, just pm me.

lol thanks for the suggestion, i think my mom has some laying around here somewhere. Maybe a little girly, but to get rid of these rings I'll do anything lol.

i have had bags under my eyes all my life, inherited from my Dad, how do ya get rid of those?

im not sure if this is totally true, but i read it in a magazine. which doesnt talk about drugs and whatnot, but it says that some people especially light skinned people, just tend to have dark circles because ur skin is somewhat translucent so u are seeing more of the veins beneath you eyes, now dont hold me to that. I too tend to have circles, not as badly since i have been off opiates. they are still there, but have cleared up some and i also started to use some undereye lightening cream.

Weird..I was scrolling down, about to post, and then I saw JunglePrincesssJ posted almost EXACTLY what I was going to post. (about the light skin) This type of thing seems to be happening a lot lately. Anyone else noticing this type of bluelight synchronicity? Hehehe... ;)

Anyway..I have really light skin and have always had circles. Skin creams, vitamins, and stuff seem to help, but they never seem to go all the way away, not even with lots of sleep (which I get). Drug use will only make them worse.