Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

k+alcohol.

Sllip

Bluelighter
At a recent event I picked up a plugging kit (condom and lube) from the RaveSafe stand. Inside was their little flyer thing and on it, it says that mxing alcohol and K is very dangerous. Now I've never heard this before and we have mixed this in the past, not to an excess, but so some degree.

So is this true? Is it really that dangerous, if so why?

yes its true, its the same reason why you shouldnt have ketamine with ghb or benzos because combining cns depressants and/or sedatives can be fatal. >
The most dangerous thing to mix with a sedative (alcohol) is another sedative or "downer." The combination can lead to extreme depression of the Central Nervous System and be fatal. When combined with alcohol these drugs have a synergistic effect, meaning that the combined depression of the CNS is greater than the sum of the depression caused by alcohol and that of the sedative. This effect can be expressed with the equation 1+1 = 3 (the combined effect is more intense than the separate effects combined).

from here.
also check out the dangerous combinations FAQ or this bluelight search result.

edit: clarified cns depressants/sedative sentence.

Last edited:
Not only is it dangerous, it's fucking unpleasant.

Imagine a happy young chap coming home from the pub after 5 or so beers... Deciding to have some K... Having a little too much - he was a bit drunk and feeling macho... Twenty minutes later, he's hugging the toilet and yelping out "make it stop".

:\

I will agree that being drunk is a very bad time to degauss your brain.

BT ;)

Oh ditto Apollo. I was about to offer warning as well. Its oh so gross.

I did it once unknowingly and ended up unwell... what's worse is when you forget and then go and do it a second time!

Think greening out on weed after having tequila shots all night.
and THAT should be motivation enough to keep K and alcohol seperate.

ps.. errr.. yes and its DANGEROUS too!

apollo said:
Not only is it dangerous, it's fucking unpleasant.

Yeh its awful... try having nitrous while pissed and youll know what its like.

For any possible benifits, the risk of it all going pear shaped doesn't make it worth it in my opinion.

Not being able to move and choking on your own vomit is a nasty way to go too...

Ketamine isn't a CNS depressant, so I think that reasoning is a bit off.

Still, I would not encourage this combo.

Ketamine + alcohol WILL cause loss of motor control, which can result in accidental injury.

Also, both drugs have a tendecy towards causing nausea, I have heard from those who have done the combo that this is a real problem.

So we're talking about getting blind drunk and then railing a big fat line of K?
Not just a couple of drinks and a few small bumps.

^ Depends if you draw a line between feeling nauseous and unpleasant, and really hating yourself for your stupidity while throwing up very hard... Ketamine and alcohol won't necessarily KILL you instantly or anything if you take them together in small doses - they're not specifically contraindicated in that way.

But, their effects don't feel overly pleasant together since ketamine is kinda like drunk without the euphoric rush and drunk is like ketamine with less aural distortion and loss of motor control... their combination feels something like the worst of both worlds, in my opinion. It's something that lots of people prefer to go without, if given the choice. Make sense?

Mixing alcohol with anaesthetics is never a great idea. Ketamine is an anaesthetic, a reasonably decent one in the amounts people tend to find in their possession. Its effects are strong and, in general, stomp all over every other drug feeling you're experiencing, and not always in a good way. Pros: it's shortlived, only lasting for 45-60 mins. Cons: if you don't like how it feels, it's gonna last for nearly an hour.

BigTrancer :)

I have done ket, nitrous and beer in one night and it was bad-mmmkay!

The worst thing about it was that there was no synergy, just an unpleasant mixture of effects and of course the big Vom. Completely separated double vision, unexpected waves of nausea and the alcohol killed that lovely floaty tingly K feeling. Oh yeah the puking was bad like spew with blood in it! Don't do it kiddies- if ya want K have it by itself or with something it might actually add to MDMA, LSD. Also being a poly-drug whore is not good either as it is not as safe as using a single substance.

Ok let me put it in perspective. I had maybe two beers and probably a point of pure K over the course of the night, and I felt fine just fine. And the tablespoon of mushie spores and a few bulbs didn't go too far astray either. All of this was spread over a 15 hour period. And I had no ill effects what so ever. Mainly due to the fact I took it easy and I only took little bits at a time.

^ Yeah, that was what I was getting at - they won't react really badly in small doses, but they don't complement each other at all well (IMO) at high doses.

BT :)

Ok I understand now. It's just the way the flyer was presented it implied that the combo was as dangerous as G and alcohol.

thanks heaps for feedback

hey Sliip

Thanks heaps for your feedback on the flyer..and its great to see we've got people talking about the issue of combining drugs.

Your point is taken about the similarities between the alcohol and G statement and the K and alcohol statement...and it may be worth us adding (particularly large doses of K)

Nat
RaveSafe