TECHNACOLOUR : 9.6.03 : EVENT UPDATE! - 28 ACTS - 10 HOURS - CINCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

everythinginthrees

Bluelighter
Saturday September 6th, 2003 : Cincinnati, OH

T E C H N A C O L O U R :

A multimedia showcase of world class electronic music talent and visual artists from around the Midwest. 3 rooms of professional sound, lighting, atmosphere, art installations, and much more.

With performances by:

A D A M : J A Y [Live]
Primate (U.K.), Azure Records, Zync, Placktown Sounds (Sweden) _ Indianapolis
In just two years, Adam Jay has exploded on to the international techno scene with releases getting played by some of most influential names in electronic music, including Carl Cox, Adam Beyer, Dave Clark, Billy Nasty, Marco Carola and many more. On this night, Adam will bring us 90 minutes of deep and funky techno that is moving the masses world wide.

T I M : X A V I E R
773Tekno, Infiltration, Contaminated, Blueline, Ascend _ Chicago
Tim Xavier is a relentless DJ and producer. His studio output has resulted in releases that are getting played and charted world wide by techno luminaries Carl Cox, Dave Clark, and Oliver Lieb, to name a few. Known for lightning fast and surgically precise mixing, Tim has been in high demand at event across North America + Europe. This will be his first appearance in Ohio.

T I T O N T O N : D U V A N T E
Residual, Jazzanova Compost, 2000Black _ Columbus
Titonton Duvante is a renowned DJ and producer who has over 35 releases on record labels around the world. He has toured Europe over 18 times and appeared at clubs and events across North America. This will be a long awaited appearance from Titonton as he will be studying in France for the summer, while performing on weekends in Spain, England, and for the first time in Scotland and Finland.

A T T A C K : P E O P L E [LIVE]
Follow the link below to hear the Attack People live in Detroit! www.abiotic.net/dubplates/TheAttackPeople_LivePA@Kompute_Detroit_May26_2003.mp3
Abiotic Recordings, Compound (U.K.), Hidden Agenda – Midwest USA
Ian Lehman and Dustin Zahn are leading a new wave of young state-side techno artists that are taking the world by storm. Their releases are already touching down on influential record labels, and are being played by A-list DJ's around the globe. This is their first performance in Ohio and one that will be talked about long after the lights come on.

V O I G T : K A M P F F [LIVE]
Zeropointrecords.com _ Cincinnati _ Live Drum & Bass
Emmit & Beethead, of the wildly successful Twilight Sleep orchestra, have formed a new force that is arguably one of the best live Drum & Bass acts this side of the Atlantic. Also the driving force behind Gravity Bass, they have played an integral role in promoting world class electronic music in Cincinnati for some time. Come see what Voigt Kampff will have in store exclusively for this event.

I M P E R I A L : S O U N D : S Y S T E M
Imperialsoundsystem.com Hook & Pull Studios _ Louisville
Back once again by popular demand, the hook & pull team from Louisville will showcase their turntablist influenced drum & bass exhibition that has left crowds awestruck. Two DJ's + 3 turntables + two mixers, add explosives and you have Imperial Sound System.

J A M E S : J O H N S O N a.k.a D I V I N E
Invisible Sounds _ Dayton
"If you ain't gonna beat it, you better stay home". These are words every DJ should live by, and J.J. is a true example of the jaw dropping effect this mentality brings to the floor. Think Roc Raida meets Claude Young turntablism and uncompromising track selection. This is a long overdue appearance, and we’re ecstatic to bring this outstanding DJ to electrify the crowd at 'Technacolour'.

Also performing :

J O H N : G A N N O N
One of Chicago’s best kept secrets _ Silentcorp.com, Subsonik.com _ Techno _ Chicago

R E A C T
Advanced Techno Workshop _ Subsonik.com, Silentcorp.com _ Cincinnati

T H O M A S : J A M E S
Broken beat _ Residualrecordings.com _ Columbus

E S S E X
Advanced Drum & Bass Workshop _ Columbus

A D A M : J E N S E N
Subsonik.com, Silentcorp.com _ Chicago _ Deep and funky minimal techno

M A R L O N : M O N T E Z
Silentcorp.com, Subsonik.com _ Chicago _ techno & house

N O S T A L G I C & D V S T 8
House musik tag-team _ Dayton/Cincinnati

M I K E : D O N O V A N
The Bounce Theory _ Deep & sophisticated house _ Dayton

J E R E M I A H & K F R E Y
Cincinnati _ 2-stepbrokenbeattechnohouse

D I G I T A L : P S Y K O S I S vs. K I T S O N I K
Cincinnati _ Dark progressive breaks from the man and the first lady of skills.

V I N N Y : B R I C K S
Vinnybricks.com, Jomama _ Cincinnati _ House and techno

L A D Y : F O U R S Q UA R E
Wellknowndjs.com _ Louisville _ House with a dash of this and a pinch of turntablism

C E N T R E X & J U D O S K E L E T O N
Unifiedent.com, Fuse Crew _ Cincinnati _ Dark, nasty breaks

K A T H E D R A L
Techedz.com _ Kalamazoo, Michigan _ Hard breaks & slamming techno funk

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Event information & Directions

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

8pm – 6:00am
This is an all ages event.
3 Rooms of banging sound, lighting, visual art, + atmosphere
Professional quality sound systems in every room.
Security on Site – Do not bring drugs or alcohol
Large, enchanting venue unlike any space we’ve ever seen!
Legal, safe & secure

Lighting, art installations, + visual multimedia by:

VAST Lighting & Visuals / Non-linear Drama / Rory Benson / Verablue + plus much more creative talent to be announced.

Admission is $15 all night. $10 w/ out of state I.D. from IL, MI, PA, WI, MO, TN, or distances further away.

Main info-lines / Support / Web-sites:

Main Info-line : 513.588.9479

Supporting info-line:
Wishing Well: 513.665.6572
Downtown Ent. 937.331.0032

brought to you by:

www.subsonik.com | www.jomamaproductions.com

in association with:

www.silentcorp.com
www.azurerecords.com
www.abiotic.net
www.djadamjay.com
www.sevenseventhree.com/xavier.pdf
www.titonton.com
www.residularecordings.com
www.imperialsoundsystem.com
www.wishingwellproductions.com
www.wellknowndjs.com
www.sceneohio.com
www.vinnybricks.com
www.zeropointrecords.com
www.bouncetheory.com
www.techedz.com
www.unifiedent.com

Last edited:
I dont know if this is a , for the hell of it lets do another party, type dealy, but im VERY glad to see these 2 companies doing another event, great memories and more to come! Watch your toes ill be steppin all night!

fallenangel3433 said:
i should prolly go and keep an eye on kells....
she's all kinds of trouble =D

8o
Kelly+techno+Randy+Adam+VmfK+.......

Yea this is going to be a whopper!!!
Arron and Linds....I'll be requiring two things!
1. A leash to keep me from wandering off and getting into trouble.
2. A muzzle to keep my big mouth shut so I don't lose my voice again, or say anything retarded=D

trancesetter21 said:
8o
Kelly+techno+Randy+Adam+VmfK+.......

Yea this is going to be a whopper!!!
Arron and Linds....I'll be requiring two things!
1. A leash to keep me from wandering off and getting into trouble.
2. A muzzle to keep my big mouth shut so I don't lose my voice again, or say anything retarded=D

woo-hoo kelly on a leash

i don't think the muzzle will keep you from meepin at us all night though :p

i think you're forgetting the yaeg ;)

Yeah I had a great time at Further Advances at the Gym Club.I would love to see this event go off proper.If you need any help w/promotions in the Detroit are let me know.My email is [email protected].I have plenty of well known and local Detroit Techno dj's that would love to come play at this if possible if not,I'll be there anyways w/ the 313 family.Respect 313 Family

also performing at this event..... (taken from another post)

A T T A C K : P E O P L E [LIVE]
Abiotic Recordings, Compound (U.K.), Hidden Agenda – Midwest USA
Ian Lehman and Dustin Zahn are leading a new wave of young state-side techno artists that are taking the world by storm. Their releases are already touching down on influential techno & tech-house labels, and are being played by 'A' list DJ's around the globe. I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I was with their live set at an undisclosed warehouse in Detroit. Mark my words: this is something that will be talked about long after you experience for the first time in this region at technacolour.

i have never seen them perform before, but i have a cd of each of them (ian lehman & dutin zahn) and they are bad ass!

the party just keeps getting better!

=D

I am definetly going.This looks like a great time not to mention some of my personal Techno Dj's/Producers &Voight Kampff !

i'll say this much... it ain't often that i play an event in which the entire main room lineup is a list of artists that i respect 100%. i'd be there even if i wasn't playing.

much respect to subsonik.

^^^Couldn't agree more! But I believe I'll be looking forward to *YOUR* set...after the rockin good time at Tronic Treatment=D

What no one has any love for JoMama Productions?:( (just kidding :)) We have a lot in store for this event! Flyers will be out next weekend so keep your eyes peeled!

whoa! i missed the voight-kampff part... whoa.
yeah, count me there.

kells- no saying anything retarded??? really?? does beeping count?

this wil be a great event, considering the two production companies know what they're doing and are extremely organized.

madd props for this!

ps.. i<3randyn'chrissy

---kellay

Status
Not open for further replies.