Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: AAP 03 Jun 03: Man overdosed on Qantas flight

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Man overdosed on Qantas flight
03jun03

A MAN survived a drug overdose after being resuscitated by a doctor on board a Qantas plane bound for Mackay.

An ambulance spokesman said the incident happened about 8pm yesterday on board Qantas flight QF1688 travelling between Brisbane and the central Queensland town.

A 20-year-old man was unconscious and had stopped breathing when he was found slumped in the aircraft's toilet with a syringe in his arm.

The spokesman said he was revived when a doctor on board the flight administered mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

Paramedics were called to await the flight's arrival at Mackay Airport but their services were rejected by the patient, who left the airport in a taxi.

A Qantas spokeswoman confirmed a medical incident involving a customer had occurred on the flight, but declined to comment further, citing privacy concerns.

Under Qantas policy, passengers may only carry needles on board a plane for medical purposes and must declare them at a screening point prior to departure.

A Brisbane Airport Corporation spokeswoman declined to comment.

From: http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,6540431%5E421,00.html (via news.com.au)

"...but their services were rejected by the patient, who left the airport in a taxi."
Ffs, I hope that person is taking a long hard look at themself.

BigTrancer :)

Under Qantas policy, passengers may only carry needles on board a plane for medical purposes and must declare them at a screening point prior to departure.

I wonder if he declared it, or whether it got through Qantas' now clearly really tough security?

I was gonna make a token bad joke - 'puts a new meaning to the mile high club'... But I think I echo BTs sentiments when I say I sincerely hope that he learnt something from this...

:\

^^^

'I was gonna make a token bad joke'

I hope you learn something about making bad jokes.

Thats two today alone!

ahah, i gotta try mdma on my next domestic ..

just dont wanna forget the sunnies ...
clouds are beautiful!

.. new meaning to "chat to the person next to you" ;)

Junky

The junky couldnt even wait until he got home.

Shoulda left him to die.

Energizer: Reduced to name calling is it?
When was it your place to judge which drugs are ok to do and which aren't?
Do you know anything about this guy? No. So keep your bullshit judgement to yourself.

non20.gif
Energiser and co.: How about putting some thought into your posts and make a point? If you've got something to say that you think Bluelight needs to hear, then don't post a throwaway line, make your fucking point properly.

Remember, NO flames for the sake of flaming someone - if you've got a strong opinion, then express it in a strong, constructive manner that adds something to the debate. If you take the time to explain your opinion, then people might understand where you're coming from. If you can't express your opinion in a way that conveys your feelings and explains your point of view, then you need to reconsider your ambition to have your say.

BigTrancer.

Last edited: