• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The meth come down....is it withdrawal?

Tavares0801

Greenlighter
A friend is coming down off meth and she can't quit moving, migraines, grunting, super nauseous, weak, her breathing is heavy... is she withdrawing? What can I do for her?

Moving to OD, as you'll get answers there and this isn't a trip report.

TR -> OD

She is dopamine depleted but still extremely stimulated - that is reason why she doesnt feel high anymore but cant quit moving etc. It will pass in a day or two but i advise to eat something, u need proteins, fat and sugar, drink water or isotonic drinks, avoid caffeine, take benzodiazepine (10mg diazepam or 0,5-1mg alprazolam, 0,5-1mg clonazepam, 1-1,5mg lorazepam if she is not used to benzos, maybe even less and take more if needed later). Low dose of codeine, dihydrocodeine or other opiates/opioids can help but its very habit forming. Dont take tramadol. Calcium, magnesium, zinc, b6, valerian root tea and melatonin are good options. Ibuprofen for migrains, promethazine/dimenhydrinate/diphenhydramine are great for nausea and they make u sleepy but they also make my heart race even more.

Last edited:
If she was legit addicted to it for a while, it's likely her dopamine receptors have been upregulated, which makes you feel like shit when you don't have the meth. The receptors will downregulate eventually but that can take a while. If she's just coming down from an isolated incident, she'd be feeling more normal much quicker than that.

Ok, so between 2:00am and 10:00am I smoked some but mainly snorted .75g. I’m at work and the comedown is hitting me and my Gabapentin is at home. If I snort some more will I delay the comedown for awhile, hopefully until the end of my shift?

^Probably best to focus on this threads topic. Perhaps start your own? :) but in short it WILL delay your come down but might make it a bit worse.

A friend is coming down off meth and she can't quit moving, migraines, grunting, super nauseous, weak, her breathing is heavy... is she withdrawing? What can I do for her?

How long was she on it for? The come down is awful from meth and a reason people just binge on it. Ultimately, it is time that will fix this but this is sort of dependant on how long and heavy the usage was.

A low dose benzo will help- be cautious though- and plenty of water. A bit of sleep will work wonders.

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice! I do feel a come down is basically “short-term withdrawal.” You got hopped up on a substance and then you took it away. Even if it was someone na?ve having one crazy night and not necessarily a history of a 10 year IV habit. With alcohol a hangover is basically alcohol withdrawal even in a non-alcoholic social drinker that happened to have a bachelor’s party.

Alcohol hangovers and alcohol wd are completely different. Alcohol WD is serious, tremors, confusion, panic, seizures, DTs. None of those fit in with a regular hangover.