• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Quick to anger or a slow boil that leads to a big bang?

PsychoKitten

Bluelight Crew
I don’t consider myself to have a quick temper, with me issues bubble up over time and when I do finally snap I snap hardcore.

The unfortunate thing being that when I do snap it’s usually over a little issue rather than the big ones that have been getting to me for days and often I snap at totally the wrong person.

So I’m curious as to what you other bluelighters are like?

Do you have a quick temper, snapping instantly on the spot? Are you like me who lets it boil and boil before you finally blow? Are you normally quite passive with only a few triggers? How angry do you get and how do you deal with that anger?

i do both... and i dont deal with anger to well.
actually its been suggested by others that i seek anger management councelling... but i told them to fuck off before i smash them ;)

In all honesty, not many things or many people get me truly angry. I spend a lot of my life whinging and acting grumpy but that's just me practising the inevitable old age crabbiness. My anger comes out as bitterness and spitefulness. It's pretty awful but only two people have ever really borne the brunt of my anger.

One I'm no longer friends with and one was never a friend in the first place.

I'm the same Psychokitten. I find that once the straw has broken the donkey's back, I get a little irrational and find it hard to refocus on the issues that matter. I'm getting better at it, but I still need time to work out my own way of dealing with things without sounding needlessly didactic or by letting troublesome issues just accumulate to the point where I somewhat snap. I never get violent over it, I just raise my voice. It's not a good trait, but do you excpect... I'm a redhead. :D

I tend to supress all my anger (of which there is lots, believe me) and never let it out. Ever, unless it's the "scream into the pillow" kinda thing. It's really unhealthy, but I fucking hate it when people get raw on me because someone else has fucked them off, so I refuse to do the same. I think i'll probably die young of some sort of aneurism. :\

^^^ I bulk-buy antacids... heh, I always say I'll have ulcers by 25 and a heart attack by 30 because I hold it in for SO long before I blow.

I don't usually get angry with much. I get pissed off with things now and then, but very rarely angry. If someone presses the right buttons I might flip out at them, but usually these people deserve it and had it coming. I don't get angry with people who I respect, so you gotta lose my respect before I can be angry with someone. So therefore I'd be in the slow boil category.

I just don't see any point being angry with things. Sure the world can be fucked up, but you just gotta laugh at it - both laughing and yelling won't change it, so you might as well be somewhat happy... :)

It takes me a hell of a lot to get angry these days, ever since I quit pot a few years ago my temper improved GREATLY.
That said, on the rare occsion when I do get angry, it's a quick thing, I'm the sort of person who makes it known how he feels.
So yeah, if something pisses me off, I make it known, it's just that hardly anything pisses me off these days. (besides politics and the current state of the world)

In my experience people are notoriously bad at judging themselves when it comes to their anger. Some people, especially those that are generally an angry person find it hard to admit to. It's often glaringly obvious though to other people by their behaviour.

It's an embarassing emotion sometimes, it makes you look like such an idiot especially if you lose it big-time.

It really depends on the situation.

If say it's someone I don't know and they piss me off, then I usually lose my temper straight away and let them have it. There are a lot of idiots on the roads, or just around in general.

As for friends or family it will take me a lot longer, but if someone does something I don't like, then it's usually just waiting until I can't hold my anger in any longer. In other words I guess I just bide my time...

I lose my temper at the drop of a hat when it comes to minor insignificant things, like my mobile phone not working (smashed two of them so far) or talking to morons on the phone in my loser customer service job... :X

But when it comes to really big things, like my friends being assholes or stuff like that, it usually simmers and simmers forever because I don't want to be an asshole myself and make life difficult for them. Then one day, POW to the MOON Alice!!!

Just the other week, I fully bailed out one of my friends for like ten minutes straight, just yelling at him about every stupid insensitive thing he's done in the last year and a half...I sent him an email the day later when I'd calmed down to explain more rationally why I was pissed off, but haven't heard from him since...

Anywho...

--Raz--

I don't get angry very often...i tend to be quite the passive person...i'm pretty fiesty though and i tend to snap occasionally at stupid little things and then realise what i'm getting angry about and calm the fuck down or say sorry to who ever i have snapped at when i realise how stupid i was being.

I can deal with my aggresions in other areas in my life ;)

keeps me balanced ....

I would have to say a bit of both, and I wish it was something that I could control because I hate being like that, but it is out of my control, you cross me and piss me off, you better watch out, becuase if I am pissed off, regardless, I will rip your fucking head off!!!! :p

I dont have anger problems... mainly cause every one of my friends knows where I stand... and if i have an issue, ill resolve it with them quickly.... whats the point of being mad.
8(

I'm so calm I often wonder if I'm the tinman. I save the extremes of my emotional spectrum for the people I'm closest to, everyone else gets a mask of serenity and peace. :|

I'm aggressive as all fuck, so you could argue that I'll let it all out immediately, but i also feel that i tend to hold the painful parts in, and eventually crack and become a mess.
Nonetheless, I try to be as passive as possible

I'm the most passive perons you'll meet, I looked up the word for it - equanimity. I can cop shit and be put in bad situations and just laugh, I'm yet to exlpode but I'm not gonna rule it out completely :)

Anger Management?!?

I have a hell of a lot of patience and tolerance. I pretty much avoid conflict like the plague ;) Generally, by the time I over analyse a situation in my mind, it has diffused anyway.

I guess I do let things simmer at times, but for me, that is far better than exploding and saying something I'll later regret.

It used to be difficult to anger me... things would bug me, but I was just growl under my breath and carry on with life... but lately, holy faaaaark have I had a temper... generally it is a whole lot of things mixed together, and then I just snap and completely fly off the handle... then I simmer for a few more days, then the pot boils over in a mad frenzy of anger again.

It's insane. I need anger management classes, stress management classes and a therapist.