• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Took half a bar of xanax

drunkonsneeez

Greenlighter
Hello- i took only half a bar of xanax two nights ago at 6pm by 7pm i was blacked out & my roommate left the house and said he came back and had seen that i pissed the couch. then, he knocked in my bathroom door, and i was passed out and the shower curtain had been knocked down and shit & i was unresponsive.

he said he though i was overdosing. I had not mixed it with anything i had 800 mg of ibuprofen at 2pm but that was it.

next day i get in the car at 7:30 AM and rearend someone ( i was clearly not okay to drive). once my roommate gets to the accident he told me to go hole bc i was slurring like a motherfucker.

same night i got in a car to drive and i could not differentiate the lanes from one another.

im sorta freaked out bc i only too half a bar and i have taken xans before and never had this happen to me. any one else experience something like this?

During a younger foray into the benzodiazepine lands, I gave a bar to a girl I worked with which she subsequently took half of. Over the next 15-20 mins she became the most fucked up I've ever seen someone get from 1mg of alp. Very, very sloppy, confrontational, slurring words, not making any sense etc. The usuals of a benzodiazepine blackout. She also took no other drugs but had a history (semi distant) of LSD use. I guess some people's GABA systems just react more robustly than others.

It's like goldilocks and the 3 bears. Sometimes it can be too little, or just right. Rarely it hits like a ton of bricks and you are out of it for a long time.

Sorry to hear about what happened.

You and your friend clearly had a very low tolerence. Cause one bar wouldn't done that much for me

Many xanax bars on the street today are actually counterfeits that may contain increased or inconsistently distributed amounts of alprazolam, or even "harder" RC benzos like clonazolam or flubromazolam.

The fact that people consider the bar to be the standard dose unit for alprazolam is kind of fucked up to begin with... a bar should be thought of as 4 individual therapeutic doses of .5 mg each. Remember, alprazolam is 20 times as potent as diazepam, so each .5mg quarter bar will hit as hard as 10mg of diazepam (again, that's assuming it even is real pharm xanax in the first place, which it may very well not be).

Many xanax bars on the street today are actually counterfeits that may contain increased or inconsistently distributed amounts of alprazolam, or even "harder" RC benzos like clonazolam or flubromazolam.

The fact that people consider the bar to be the standard dose unit for alprazolam is kind of fucked up to begin with... a bar should be thought of as 4 individual therapeutic doses of .5 mg each. Remember, alprazolam is 20 times as potent as diazepam, so each .5mg quarter bar will hit as hard as 10mg of diazepam (again, that's assuming it even is real pharm xanax in the first place, which it may very well not be).

Here by me you dont even get these xanax bars. We get tablets. Blue 1mg or orange for 0.5mg tabs

Here by me you dont even get these xanax bars. We get tablets. Blue 1mg or orange for 0.5mg tabs

I don't think they're even available at all in most of Europe... but now that the new generation of American rappers has switched from slurring lyrics about "lean" to slurring lyrics about "xanz", there's suddenly a market for fake xanax bars over here, and it's being filled by counterfeit presses containing god knows what at god knows which dose.

I don't think they're even available at all in most of Europe... but now that the new generation of American rappers has switched from slurring lyrics about "lean" to slurring lyrics about "xanz", there's suddenly a market for fake xanax bars over here, and it's being filled by counterfeit presses containing god knows what at god knows which dose.

I mean, thats something that had been done with nearly all the drugs time and time again. It gets promoted through music or otherwise and all of a sudden it's the new, cool & hip thing to do. And the street qualiry goes to shit and never really bounces back. Has happened with heroin back in the day, xtc. Things like marijuana and LSD and other psychedelics seem to be almost immune to this phenomenon, although there is laced or counterfeit stuff out there as well, it's not nearly to the extent of something like heroin or ecstasy pills (and now Xanax bars as well it seems, which, for all these analyses have shown, some of these bars are literally cut to shit fent powder that's then repressed into a tablet. Not too different from shitty street heroin (which, has been shown to many times be cut with barbiturates, Benzos and other downers even when the actual "active ingredient" is absent or low, again just like what's happening with bars now).

The shitty thing about it is that you could get sold some shitty looking, crumbly homepressed Xanax and they end up being 4mg alprazolam each. Or you get sold on some identical to pharma bars and half end up being duds with the other half being underdosed.. so you never know.

There's plenty of places to still get something like 1mg alprazolam tablets, especially if you have anxiety. Those people taking 5-10 "bars" a night might as well be sniffing street level h. In fact I would wager the h would be just as safe. Which is saying alot.

Last edited:
Back when I was still new to the game 1mg diazepam, lorazepam or clonazepam would essentially make be pass out or blackout.

Fast forward a decade and I can (but choose not to, for obvious reasons) tolerate much higher doses.

It took me years of infrequent use before my tolerance got to where it is. It’s interesting because I never used benzos super regularly, nonetheless tolerance continued to build over time.

Benzos are weird drugs. They can be great medicine but they can also be very dangerous. Stay safe OP <3

Things like marijuana and LSD and other psychedelics seem to be almost immune to this phenomenon, although there is laced or counterfeit stuff out there as well, it's not nearly to the extent of something like heroin or ecstasy pills

A few years ago, it was *extremely* common for street acid to in actuality be an NBOMe. Heck, there are plenty of NBOMe or NBOH blotters out there to this day, plus the odd DOx blotter.

This. Both parts, and beyond its potency xanax hits so fast you lose your inhibitions before you even realize you are fucked up. At least with valium you can kind of feel it coming on and make the conscious decision to not be stupid.

At least you didn't end up breaking into cars and getting into trouble. Like stated above , there are a lot of counterfeit alprozolam "sticks" going around especially the green ones that break into three pieces (at least thats the case where i live down south). When you put the pill in your mouth and it doesn't taste bitter and it kinda chalks up its more than likely fake.